• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Four Blood Moons on God’s Feast Days

• Members

This blood moon stuff is more about hype and stirring emotions for the sake of selling books, drawing crowds and gathering donations. This is typical of end-times hustlers who go from one end-times fad to the next in order to reap fame and fortune.

Cahn has come out with a new book to explain why he really wasn't wrong in his previous shemitah/blood moon books weren't wrong and how it's all still coming together. John Hagee continues in this line as several others do too.

A simple internet search provides an abundance of proof as to why these claims are not only false, but in most cases don't even make sense. Even so, these end-times hustlers continue to rake in the dollars with their books, special appearances and sermon series and calls for offerings.

In light of the end-times what does Scripture actually call us to do? We are called to be found living in Christ and being about the Father's business.

• Members

Sorry Ronda, I went a bit over the top on my previous post.

If you read Jeremiah, All those prophecies are regarding the then impending crisis.  Scripture  doesn't suddenly jump out of immediate context to something else Even thoughs some claim that in many cases.

Similar is not the same; as in you Matt 24 quote.  Your comment is similar to the scripture, but not the same.  You have made a slight misquote and many false teachings are based on slight misquotes.

/

• Members
On 4/12/2016 at 2:30 AM, Ronda said:

Dear Invicta, First of all... I was not the one who brought up Clarence Larkin. I was attepting to prove that Mr. Larkin DID in fact show on his chart that the rapture precedes the tribulation altogether. 
As for your comments in regard to Mr. Larkin's work being "worth nothing"... Sorry you feel that way. We are all entitled to our own viewpoints. Hopefully both viewpoints come from the Bible as the final authority (and God Himself being revered enough to believe His words literally). I disagree with your summation that Jer.30:7 was (supposedly) in regard to the  Nebuchadnezzar/Babylonian time period. 

Let's start with Jer.30:7 "Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it."
NONE like it??? I don't think the Lord was exaggerating in terminology here. I don't think He was trying to point out it was going to be just a "bad time".
Instead, when He said it is "great" "so that none is like it", that would mean (had it been already past) there could NOT be another period quite as horrific or "great" as that one.
Where else (in God's word) does it speak of a time period so horrific? A unparalleled time of trouble?
Matthew 24:15-22 speak of the same time period. 
(v.21) "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
We see similar wording of a time period which has never been so bad, nor ever will be so bad in the future.

Do you not see the similarities?
If I understand from past conversations, you not only believe they are SEPARATE events? But you also believe they both ALREADY HAPPENED in the past? 
How can that be since God tells us in His word that "there is none like it" AND "not since the beginning of the world to this time, no nor ever shall be"
I certainly hope you are not calling God a liar. This must be the same unique event. 

As for what on earth Clarence Larkin's work or charts has anything to do with the "four blood moons" is beside me (the original topic).
Someone else stated that there will supposedly be "another solar eclipse and lunar eclipse in September" and had tried to tie that in with Clarence Larkin's chart in some way.
I felt I needed to refute that he had ever suggested the rapture had anything to do with blood moons, and also that his charts and work both showed he had a pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, and dispensational viewpoint (throughout his work).
As for the blood moons occuring in September as supposedly being some type of "sign" for the rapture, there is no sign preceding the rapture itself,  nor did Mr. Larkin suggest there are signs for the rapture. Thus my post with one of his charts to show this fact.

Reference given to Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come"
Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."
Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken"
and it clearly states "immediately after the tribulation of those days" NOT before!
So IF the blood moons/eclipses are significant at all, it has ZERO to do with the rapture, and 100% to do with the "great and terrible day of the Lord" 
AND Sept of this year has zero to do with either Acts 2:20, Matt 24:29, nor Joel 2:31 since that happens "immediately after the tribulation of those days".

Dear Ronda

I have highlighted the point in red. The wording is "Such as"  not "never been so bad, nor ever will be so bad."  

In Acts 2:16, Peter shows that Joel's prophecy referred to his day.. The curses of Deut 28 were fulfilled within that generation

Sun moon and stars in prophecy refer to rulers, of the nation, see Genesis 37:9 where we see that the sun moon and stars represent people, in this case rulers of the family (the heads of the tribes of Israel)

I think it was you who posted the Larkin Chart on this thread

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

Jer.30:7 "Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it."
NONE like it??? I don't think the Lord was exaggerating in terminology here. I don't think He was trying to point out it was going to be just a "bad time".
Instead, when He said it is "great" "so that none is like it", that would mean (had it been already past) there could NOT be another period quite as horrific or "great" as that one.
Where else (in God's word) does it speak of a time period so horrific? A unparalleled time of trouble?
Matthew 24:15-22 speak of the same time period. 
(v.21) "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
We see similar wording of a time period which has never been so bad, nor ever will be so bad in the future.

I see. So even though I directly quoted both Jeremiah and Matthew (not "misquoting"), what bothered you was me pointing out that in both cases it would be a time period (in my words) "which had never been so bad" and will never "be so bad" in the future?? And you call this "mis-quoting" scripture? So then every comment you make on any scripture would also be "mis-quoting" scripture? Or does that just apply to me? I wonder what "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" actually MEANS? Since you believe it has ALREADY happened, I would assume you believe the "no, nor ever shall be" doesn't really mean what it says? I prefer to take God at His word.

Do you ALSO think THIS has already happened? Matthew 24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."  It IS in the same chapter. How do you reconcile that verse???

Would this statement (made by you) be "misquoting" scripture? You didn't bring forth the scripture to prove your point, so are YOU "mis-quoting" scripture here? 

6 hours ago, Invicta said:

The curses of Deut 28 were fulfilled within that generation

How about any other statement you've made in regard to scripture? Would that be "mis-quoting" scripture? Or does that only apply when you don't agree? 

On 4/11/2016 at 0:01 PM, Bornagainlady said:

There is another solar eclipse and lunar eclipse in September. The Feast of the Trumpets is going to happen that month. See Clarence Larkin's charts also for more help.

And as I previously stated the reason WHY I posted the Larkin Chart on this site, was to prove that Mr. Larkin DID in fact show on his chart that the rapture precedes the tribulation altogether.  Because of the previous post (by "bornagainlady") which stated " See Clarence Larkin's charts also for more help. "  The Larkin chart did NOT note "solar eclipses and lunar eclipse" either.

• Members

Sister Ronda

Matt 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Such as, not worse than,  There never was a tribulation such as that when the Lord punished the nation for murdering their Messiah.  When the temple was left with not one stone standing upon another and the Roman troops ordered to dig up its foundations. All the priests were murdered by their own side and those who had recently worn the sacred vestments were cast naked into the streets and trampled upon.  While the Romans were outside the city there was a civil war inside with three factions fighting each other.  Titus begged the Jews to protect the temple and keep the sacrifice going, but the blood letting went on and eventually the sacrifice stopped, even though Titus appealed to them to keep it going, because there was no one who could offer sacrifices any more, as the seditious burnt down the records office that held the genealogies, their reason was that it also held records of debts and no one could prove that they owed anything.  This building held all the genealogies from the beginning of the nation and, I would suppose,  probably from Adam. All gone.

The tribulation was on One nation, Judea.  One city, Jerusalem.  One people, the Jews.

One woman at least ate her own child, See Deut. 28, People venturing out of the city were caught and tortured and crucified, up to 500 a night till there wer not enough crosses so more than one were nailed to the same cross. The nation was sold into slavery, so many that the price of slaves in the empire went to rock bottom because no one would buy them, see Deut 28.  Many were sent to the mines of Egypt, see Duet 28:68 They were exiled to all nations.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
21 hours ago, Invicta said:

Sister Ronda

Matt 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Such as, not worse than,  There never was a tribulation such as that when the Lord punished the nation for murdering their Messiah.  When the temple was left with not one stone standing upon another and the Roman troops ordered to dig up its foundations. All the priests were murdered by their own side and those who had recently worn the sacred vestments were cast naked into the streets and trampled upon.  While the Romans were outside the city there was a civil war inside with three factions fighting each other.  Titus begged the Jews to protect the temple and keep the sacrifice going, but the blood letting went on and eventually the sacrifice stopped, even though Titus appealed to them to keep it going, because there was no one who could offer sacrifices any more, as the seditious burnt down the records office that held the genealogies, their reason was that it also held records of debts and no one could prove that they owed anything.  This building held all the genealogies from the beginning of the nation and, I would suppose,  probably from Adam. All gone.

The tribulation was on One nation, Judea.  One city, Jerusalem.  One people, the Jews.

One woman at least ate her own child, See Deut. 28, People venturing out of the city were caught and tortured and crucified, up to 500 a night till there wer not enough crosses so more than one were nailed to the same cross. The nation was sold into slavery, so many that the price of slaves in the empire went to rock bottom because no one would buy them, see Deut 28.  Many were sent to the mines of Egypt, see Duet 28:68 They were exiled to all nations.

Invicta,

The tribulation spoken of in Matthew 24:21 will be on the whole world and will be the worst ever!

• Members
17 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Invicta,

The tribulation spoken of in Matthew 24:21 will be on the whole world and will be the worst ever!

Show me where in Matt 24 or any of the other accounts where it says that it will be on the whole world, or that it ill be the worst ever?

• Members
On 4/14/2016 at 9:18 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Invicta,

On 4/14/2016 at 9:35 PM, Invicta said:

Show me where in Matt 24 or any of the other accounts where it says that it will be on the whole world, or that it ill be the worst ever?

Well?

• Members
On 4/13/2016 at 6:47 PM, Invicta said:

Brother Invicta,

Matt. 24:21 " For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

First, I would again like to ask you.. what do you do with the phrase "nor ever shall be"???

Second,I would ask why Jesus would use future tense verbage, specifically "shall be" if the event had already happened (supposedly in Deut.) well before the time Jesus spoke the words?

Third, Even though a woman did, in fact consume her own child (deut. 28:57),  and that is horrific, how much more horrific is it that millions of babies are aborted around the globe annually?

And again... as absolutely horrific as all the events were and even currently are, I must again say they will pale in comparison to the "great tribulation" Jesus Himself spoke of in Matt. 24
The "no, nor ever shall be" is a vital key. 
There is going to be no mistaking the when the "great tribulation" happens. And remember, He said "SHALL BE", not "has been".

On 4/14/2016 at 4:35 PM, Invicta said:

I probably shouldn't ask, but just out of curiousity, what do you do with this verse?
Matt. 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

"ALL of the tribes of the earth" shall mourn. When has that happened?
(or does ALL and EARTH not really mean ALL and EARTH to you?) Would all of the tribes of the earth not be "on the whole world"(in your words)?

"Mountain Christian" brought forth Luke 21:35 (and I concur) " For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."

I would also like to point out Luke 21:25-26 "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;"    "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

We see "distress of nationS" (plural) so it could NOT just be Jerusalem or Israel. The word would have been "nation" not "nations" if that were the case.

Again... I would like to know what your understanding of "no, nor ever shall be" means in Matt.24:21???

Thank you!

• Members

Brother Invicta,

Or Land? Are we going to correct God's word? You may feel comfortable changing God's literal word... I do not. If the Lord meant merely "all them that dwell on the face of the whole land of Israel" He surely would have said so. However He didn't say that, His word says:  all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."  Huge difference. 

And again (at least the 3rd time), I ask ... I would like to know what your understanding of "no, nor ever shall be" means in Matt.24:21???

Is that to be overlooked/twisted/changed as well?

Thank you!

• Members
1 hour ago, Ronda said:

Brother Invicta,

And again (at least the 3rd time), I ask ... I would like to know what your understanding of "no, nor ever shall be" means in Matt.24:21???

In all fairness to Invicta, he did answer you a while back...which I highlighted in yellow (of his response) below...

On 4/13/2016 at 3:31 AM, Invicta said:

Dear Ronda

I have highlighted the point in red. The wording is "Such as"  not "never been so bad, nor ever will be so bad."  

In Acts 2:16, Peter shows that Joel's prophecy referred to his day.. The curses of Deut 28 were fulfilled within that generation

Sun moon and stars in prophecy refer to rulers, of the nation, see Genesis 37:9 where we see that the sun moon and stars represent people, in this case rulers of the family (the heads of the tribes of Israel)

I think it was you who posted the Larkin Chart on this thread

Here's the verse in question...with Invicta's point also highlighted in yellow...

Matthew 24:21
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

I don't agree with Invicta about this (which he knows), but if I understand his reasoning correctly (based on past exchanges), he is inferring that "such as" means that the tribulation will be one of a kind. He then gives examples of what happened in 70 A.D. (I think) to show the terrible things that happened during "that tribulation". So, with those events, he believes that the "tribulation" of 70 A.D. was (and is) the great tribulation spoken of in Matthew 24 since it was one of a kind (such as)...none like it since the beginning of the world to this time nor ever shall be.