• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Four Blood Moons on God’s Feast Days

• Members

Four Blood Moons on God’s Feast Days

We have had the third lunar eclipse on Passover. The next one will be a super blood moon over Jerusalem on the Feast of tabernacles in September. This is called a tetrad. The last tetrad happened in 1967 & 1968 after the 6 day war in Israel when they took the city of Jerusalem and the temple mount back. The tetrad before that was in 1949 &1950 when Israel became a nation and was attacked by all the Arab neighbors. Over the last 2000 years the tetrads have come at important times in Israel’s history.

So what do you think will happen this time?

• America's leaders actually quoted Isaiah 9:10 in speeches related to 9/11, not realizing that they were speaking judgment on their own nation. They did this on three separate occasions, including the day after 9/11 by the Senate majority leader. "By the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established." (Deuteronomy 19:15)
  • Some bricks that fell from the Twin Towers took down a sycamore tree on grounds adjacent to Ground Zero.
  • The roots of the tree became a memorial and a symbol of defiance.
  • A cedar tree was planted in its place.
  • A  hewn stone was symbolically placed at the site of Ground Zero, accompanied by a ceremony.
  • Biblically, judgment tends to take place where the original covenant (agreement) took place.
  • When the United States began, New York City was its capital.
  • On April 30, 1789, George Washington became President and the first official government was established at Federal Hall (at Wall Street). On that day, Washington declared: "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself hath ordained."
  • After his inauguration, Washington lead a procession of his government to a little stone church just blocks away to pray a blessing on the nation. The entire nation had received a pronouncement to attend church and pray for the country at the same time.
  • The church where they prayed was at the site of 9/11 - the only small building in close proximity that was left standing after the collapse of the towers. The sycamore tree was in the church yard. The church is now a museum of sorts.
  • At the time of the inauguration the church grounds extended through the site of the twin towers.
  • When the towers fell, the impact was felt for miles; the foundation of the old Federal Hall was cracked by the force. 
  • The Founding Fathers recognized that the United States would only be blessed and protected by God if the nation obeyed His commands.
  • God is a God of order and uses specific days to convey a message.
  • On a specific day (the 29th day of the Hebrew month Elul) every seven years the Jewish nation was commanded to release all debt, It was called "The Lord's release" or "Shemitah."
  • The greatest single stock market crash in Wall Street history, up to that time, took place on the 29th day of Elul - September 17, 2001.
  • Seven years later to the day, in the Jewish calendar (the 29th of Elul again), on September 29th, 2008 that record was beaten as the stock market plunged again. It fell 7 percent in one day. It dropped 777 points, precisely 7 years from the previous event by the Jewish calendar on the day of "Shemitah." 

I think economic collapse is coming next time, through a terrorist attack, collapse of the dollar, or severe middle east war.  I think the 7 percent drop on Wall Streeet, 777 points was clearly a warning of the collapse to come if our nation continues down it's path away from and rejecting God's rule.

• Members

The details of things that happened on 9/11 are much more astounding than this brief article shows.  Read the passage from Isaiah and you can see how amazingly similar the response of our leaders was to the response of Israel after God used the Syrians to warn Israel of it's rebellion toward God.  On 9/11, God used the same ungodlies to warn America of it's rebellion.  

These things give no indication of when the Lord will return and rapture His church out of this world, but they sure indicate judgments on the horizon, before or after the Lord's return....in a twinkling of an eye, at any moment...would be nice if He would come now when I'm looking for him and not when He will catch me not watching....at least He won't catch me watching or promoting Looney Tunes TV.

One night I was dreaming, and in that dream heard somebody shout from outside my house like they were sitting up in one of the trees, from that direction up in the air......"HE"S HERE!!!!!"  In my dream, I knew it could only mean one thing....it was trumpeting the Lord's return to rapture His children.  In the dream, I jumped up out of bed and stood at attention with my chest out and shoulders back, joyfully anticipating being pulled up and out of this messed up world....then I woke up, and it was only a dream...but it was a dream close enough to what is coming for me.  One day that trumpet will sound for real and we will know what it is and who it's for and we are out of here...before or after we suffer death's sting, and before or after we suffer the persecutions that most Christians have suffered since the Lord ascended.

All those things have been going on since Jesus spoke them to this very day.

Considering Scripture says all things will be going on as usual when He returns I don't know why some insist upon looking for signs, especially since Scripture indicates none will be forthcoming.

We (followers of Christ) are called to continually be ready for His coming since we don't know when it will be. We should be as prepared for His return this moment as tomorrow, next week, next year or at any other time. We are to live our lives in anticipation that today could be the day, and thus living for Christ accordingly.

Jesus spoke of a progression of things getting worse in the end times.  2000 years later, it seems obvious that there has been and is a progression of things getting worse.  True, the disciples were told by the angel to not stand there gazing up into heaven where Jesus was received by a cloud out of their sight and they were admonished that He would return in the same manner...but there were no nuclear weapons back then, things are much more in line for apocalypse now and they will be even more in line tomorrow if the Lord does not return first.   Jesus never said "ignore the things that are happening in the world around you and take no notice of any happenings as indicators of judgment or progression toward my return" but that is what a lot of Christians try to imply.  We are supposed to be observant and unafraid, not holding our eyes shut and proclaiming  our wisdom.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

God judged the Canaanites for killing their babies. God judged Sodom and the other 4 cities for their sins. I suggest that we all prepare so we can help others when they can't help themselves.

So I can come to your quarry if my food and heating equipment are taken away, and I can work for you and earn my keep until your food runs out?.....and the ungodly might be there crying for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the Lord?  (pardon my half-serious punning here)

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

So I can come to your quarry if my food and heating equipment are taken away, and I can work for you and earn my keep until your food runs out?.....and the ungodly might be there crying for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the Lord?  (pardon my half-serious punning here)

Sorry I am to take care of my family first 1 Timothy 5:8. I suggest you do the same.

• Members

What does Scripture say about being asked for help and you have the means to provide help?

If a man will not work neither shall he eat. They had freeloaders at the time of the first church too. If you know to prepare and choose to have faith that some one else will take care of you, you may be disappointed.

• Members

Sorry I am to take care of my family first 1 Timothy 5:8. I suggest you do the same.

we had a survivalist join our church, then he started telling other members that the Pastor was wrong for not preaching about how we should be stocking food and weapons to survive......he got kicked out of the church, and rightly so.

we had a survivalist join our church, then he started telling other members that the Pastor was wrong for not preaching about how we should be stocking food and weapons to survive......he got kicked out of the church, and rightly so.

and the Lord takes care of me and my family in blessings or in trials, and I trust Him and suggest you do the same......and when they take your food away and your family is hungry, if you show up at my door I'll do what I can to help you.  There's going to be a lot of bummed out survivalists when they find their survival plans were a waste of time.

• Members

If a man will not work neither shall he eat. They had freeloaders at the time of the first church too. If you know to prepare and choose to have faith that some one else will take care of you, you may be disappointed.

You are trusting in your self thinking you can protect yourself from disappointment.  I am trusting in the Lord and His promise to keep me no matter how bad trials or persecutions may be.  I wouldn't trust you anyways.  By the way you talk, you would probably try to cook me for dinner to serve to your kids so that you wouldn't have to cut too far into your survival food.

Your survivalist mentality is the reason why nobody wants to discuss the obvious signs warning of coming judgment in the world and the responses you get are mostly "I walk by faith, not by sight, an evil generation seeks a sign" and they don't want to listen to you trying to tell them God is giving warning signs.   I'm the only person, as far as I recall now, who has been supportive of your view that God is sending wake up calls and nobody is listening, but you talk like a proud pompous jerk with me. I asked if I could work with you to earn my keep and you call me a freeloader?  Don't worry, I won't knock on your door...you would probably shoot me before I could turn around and walk away.  I really feel sorry for you.

Enjoy cracking your rocks while you can if that's what floats your boat.  I guess I'll see you in heaven soon enough if you are going there.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

What does Scripture say about being asked for help and you have the means to provide help?

All he cares about is surviving and taking care of his family.  With survivalists, it's not about what the scripture says.   Do you see him trying to reach Hell-bound sinners and give them the gospel so they might see how they can be saved?  Survivalism is like a cult, and it colors and distorts or ignores scripture.  It's self-justifying and as hard to crack with scripture as it is hard to crack through the trained façade of a Mormon or Jehovah's witness.....or a Calvinist for that matter.

Jesus said if we follow Him, He would make us fishers of men....a survivalist is only stockpiling food in his boat when he is supposed to be (if he is bought by the blood of Christ) giving his life for the Lord and His gospel, fishing for souls and learning to be a better fisherman. 

I threw out some test questions to see how strong he is in survivalism....it's a brainwashing to keep Christians from being effective, focused on sowing seeds for the gospel......to keep Christians focused on serving there apprehensions rather than fearlessly serving the Lord, with no fear of the future.

If we lose our lives for the Lord and His gospel, we will find it.  If we save our life, we will lose it.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Which serves our Lord better, storing up thousands of dollars of food and supplies for a need which may never come about, or using those thousands of dollars to meet the actual, current, present needs of those without Christ, without enough food, clean water, clothing?

Where our treasure is, there is our heart. We are called to lay up treasure in heaven, not on earth. We are called to show mercy to those in need. What use of our money will follow us to heaven and what will be burnt up?

Give us THIS day our DAILY bread. Worry not about tomorrow; don't say we will do this or that in the future for we know not what the future will bring. Serve Christ today, there may not even be a tomorrow for us.

• Members

They had collections for those suffering hunger as well.