• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Supreme Court June 2015

• Members

I think my original questions might have been misunderstood, I was being rhetorical.

The reality is most people are upset about the wrong thing just like most people ask the wrong questions.

The question isn't, should sodomites be allowed to get a gov't sanctioned marriage license, the question you should be asking is, why is the gov't allowed to have any say at all in the institution of marriage.

You shouldn't be wasting your time speaking out against sodomite marriage, you should spend your efforts removing gov't from marriage period.

• Members

I think my original questions might have been misunderstood, I was being rhetorical.

The reality is most people are upset about the wrong thing just like most people ask the wrong questions.

The question isn't, should sodomites be allowed to get a gov't sanctioned marriage license, the question you should be asking is, why is the gov't allowed to have any say at all in the institution of marriage.

You shouldn't be wasting your time speaking out against sodomite marriage, you should spend your efforts removing gov't from marriage period.

​We (Christians) have no means of doing this. America, regardless of nearly three-fourths of the population claiming to be Christian, is very secular and liberalized. Most of the newer polls now show over half of Americans favor sodomite "marriage". These people, along with many others, aren't about to vote for government removal from matters of marriage.

Once the government has control over a matter they aren't likely to give it up. The government has taken authority over "legal" marriage for a very long time and won't be inclined to give it up.

Also, in today's society, as soon as Christians start talking about being for or against something with regards to government based upon their Christianity, the opposition is able to bring the masses against us as they accuse us of trying to force our religion upon them.

Where we are able we should do what we can, but the main battle is spiritual and that's where we should concentrate our efforts. Imagine if Christians gave as much time to prayer over these matters as they do "political action".

• Members

See people get wound up.  Its like righteousness I guess.  I just don't bother trying to change the world.  I do what I am supposed to.  Its fallen man fer sure.  Controversy isn't Salvation.  The Gospel saves.  It is the Power of God.  Its abortion before that Vietnam before that Korea before that WW2 WW1, Civil war, slavery, revolutionary war etc etc.  Roman Church slaying of Christians.  The list of tragedies goes on and on. 

Ecclesiastes 7:10 (KJV)

Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.

Only one Savior and Salvation Jesus.   Everything else just seems to churn up mud.

• Members

​I agree with everything you said up to this point. I have voiced the opinion to my representatives and senators in the past...deaf ears to say the least. Now all I have are public forums on the internet to encourage others to stand against denigration of my Savior. I full well intend to encourage the removal of our present RINO senator, Rob Portman, and see him replaced with a pro-family senator. Please don't misconstrue my fervor for anger, I'm convinced the only argument to base a change in the direction of this denigration is by scripture and prayer; both have been absent too long. Keep door knocking brother as I too will do, there are souls who need to hear the Gospel.

• Members

Amen and the fellowship.  Most events we deal with anyway.  Culminate in eating together and talking about the Bible, apologetics all kinds of Christian topics among ourselves praying.  Sometimes there are only a few of us.  Sometimes as many as 8 or 9 people handing out tracts.  Preaching.  One on one soul winning.  Its all about Jesus with us.  A city with a lot of tourists and a lot of residents.  It's what we do.  The one joy in life.  Even if I go there on my own.  I get a lot from scripture.  Reading it myself and from other of us.  The how do I do this and how do I do that when I first became a Christian seemed to all come together.  Over the years. 

• Members

​I agree with everything you said up to this point. I have voiced the opinion to my representatives and senators in the past...deaf ears to say the least. Now all I have are public forums on the internet to encourage others to stand against denigration of my Savior. I full well intend to encourage the removal of our present RINO senator, Rob Portman, and see him replaced with a pro-family senator. Please don't misconstrue my fervor for anger, I'm convinced the only argument to base a change in the direction of this denigration is by scripture and prayer; both have been absent too long. Keep door knocking brother as I too will do, there are souls who need to hear the Gospel.

​Letters I send to our reps and senators bring a response which basically says "thanks for your input but we're going to do what we want anyway".

Thankfully our pastor leads us in prayer for our nation and leaders during each service. From what I've heard from many others, this doesn't happen in their churches.

One thing I've noticed about many of the politicians is we can find one we agree with in one or five key areas but then they stand against our views in one or five other key areas. One recently spoke strongly against all abortion but then holds the view homosexual marriage should be legal.

The only hope for political success, and something we Christians have failed at terribly during the last several election cycles, is to be very active in the primaries, choose a candidate early and support them fully from one State to the next regardless of the news reports or Party leaders comments.

We've lost any chance at getting a good candidate on the ballot in the past election cycles by demanding the perfect candidate in the primaries. Since no perfect candidate exists we have claimed to support "A" but only until something spooks us and we jump to "B" only to abandon them as soon as something negative is said and we briefly cling to "C" until we see they aren't perfect either and while we are searching for "D" the better candidates are by now out of the race and the establishment candidate (who is liberal leaning) wins the race.

Why don't we have great prayer gatherings prior to the primaries so we can learn who to support and then do so when the primaries come about?

• Administrators

That's why I like Cruz. He stands for what's right without apology. I was very interested to learn that he and his wife spent a great deal of time seeking God as to whether or not he should run. Their pastor spent a good amount of time with them about it as well. 

No, politics isn't the answer. But we sure as shooting better start working and praying harder to get truly good people in office or we'll be having more and more Pence-like repeats.

Getting the gov't out of marriage would be great...but it's like that proverbial camel: nose gets in the tent, won't be long til the whole thing comes through - and tears the whole tent down.