• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where Did it (they) Go?

• Moderators

"I opted to place this in here instead of simply a PM for Bro. Matt.

I sought to be patient with Covenanter figuring it can be beneficial to allow him to let us see how his brain ticks. I feel he has done that with "Understanding Hebrews".

I also believe he has taken advantage of that opportunity when he opened "Understanding Revelation". After all, is it just coincidence that he didn't start (as an example) "Understanding Colossians"?

Now we have KnockKnock who I believe to be SDA.

I'm ready to grab an eraser and go "Postal" deleting "Understanding Hebrews", "Understanding Revelation" and everything "KnockKnock" related.

Why not just the SDA only? What he has done is really only vaguely different that what Covenanter is now doing (IMO).

I've refrained until I have input from Bro. Matt. I also have a busy 4 day schedule now til Thurs night.

Am I over reacting?"

The post above was placed in the crack in the floor where the mods and admin retreat. There was a thought proposed that all prophesy threads be locked until the debate. I opted to delete 2 of the three above mentioned. The other was locked. If Bro. Matt has an option of restoring the threads and chooses to do so, so be it. If the option doesn't exist and he chooses to tell me that I overstepped, I'm a big boy and can handle it.

I did not ban KnockKnock yet (he can see this), a word to the wise should suffice.

I'm not going to be too available between now and ??? maybe next Mon? Three 15 hour runs with the public school system plus regular bus routes and church services to prepare for and preach.

Edited by OLD fashioned preacher

• Members

A while ago I would have welcomed a moratorium on eschatology/prophesy discussions in order to reduce infighting and encourage other topics and fellowship related stuff, but that was before it became pretty much all that's left.

And if the scheduled debate doesn't actually kick off for another 6 months...

• Members

Postal lol.  I am determined to know nothing but Christ Crucified.  It makes life so simple.  One soulwinner.  Recommends that the hard questions and questions relating to other religions waits till after you preach the Gospel to someone.  They come up sometimes other questions but not often.  Of course there are people you fellowship with...... lol.  I have learned though.  Its always good to have someone that's studied a lot.  To help clear up some things.  It's nice to fellowship with people that have studied a lot.   The other things I don't understand.  I just wait till I do.  If I ever do.

• Members

@BroMatt Just to point out that I have 3,400 posts in 6 years, have an excellent forum reputation & NO warning points. I have not posted against the forum, have responded courteously & Biblically (or ignored) those who have attacked me & accused me of heresy. 

Where there have been personal attacks on me, at least one of the mods has supported me, & banned the attacker(s) while disagreeing with me. 

So far as I know, there is no official forum line on prophecy. 

Now you  @OLD fashioned preacher delete 2 Bible study threads without warning or any reason relating to forum policy. That is NOT  appropriate mod action. These threads have been serious Bible studies intended to encourage study & application to our living situation. Note @Alan10 posted in the Revelation thread:

"Blessed is he that readeth..." Amen and amen. The Book of Revelation has a specific blessing to all who read it; a blessing.

As you correctly pointed out the Book of Revelation is an encouragement to every saint, in any church, in any generation, and from any country. I am sure that all of us can find encouragement in the Book of Revelation. Specificly, the vision of Christ within the churches, the promises, and rebukes, mentioned to the 7 churches in Asia, (chapter 1-3), is a personal message to every saint.

Praise the Lord and Glory Hallelujah!

@BroMatt may I ask you to reinstate the threads, & inform OFP what his action should have been in the situation. AFAIK he has made no input in the relevant threads.

• Members

Postal lol.  I am determined to know nothing but Christ Crucified.  It makes life so simple.  One soulwinner.  Recommends that the hard questions and questions relating to other religions waits till after you preach the Gospel to someone.  They come up sometimes other questions but not often.  Of course there are people you fellowship with...... lol.  I have learned though.  Its always good to have someone that's studied a lot.  To help clear up some things.  It's nice to fellowship with people that have studied a lot.   The other things I don't understand.  I just wait till I do.  If I ever do.

​This is a forum of saved folks so we certainly aren't going to share the Gospel with one another continually in soul winning fashion.

Scripture calls the saved to move beyond the rudiments of the faith, to study to shew thyself approved, to learn and meditate upon the Word, to grow in Christlikeness, pursuing personal holiness.

Among the lost we are indeed to be busy sharing the simple Gospel message. Among ourselves we are to stir and help one another to growth in Christ. This includes the areas some people find difficult; such as matters concerning hell, people who have never heard the Gospel, matters of the end times, how to live for Christ, and sometimes even addressing some of the "difficult" passages of Scripture.