• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fear Looms Over Scientist's Experiment to Uncover Secrets of

• Members

[quote="Alimantado"][quote="qwerty guy"] Would you like to please take the headlines from about 200 newspapers across the globe that week. And give me the scientific data on the averages of the word location where the failure was talked about? Maybe make me a graph showing the trends on major news sources in how they reported this? Or, you could just search out some examples to prove what you already assumed, then stick em up with sarcasm like you proved your point.[/quote]

Sorry if you found the sarcasm offensive--looking back it was rather harsh and I apologise. I didn't purposefully seek out examples of newspapers that didn't fit your analysis; I just looked at the web-sites of 5 or so big news sources and found them all to be quite up-front about the failure of that machine. I'm sure you've seen some sources that did try to bury the bad news but I don't think that was a common response, based on the small sample I looked at. Happy to be proved wrong if you show me some more sources because frankly I don't care whether that machine works or not. Physics is boring![/quote]

Don't sweat it friend. I found online is much more accurate, I noticed this back with this failure. I remember Drudge report had the headline "broke" and other online sources like Yahoo news came right out and told how it didn't work. I also noticed though that all the print newspapers I would read had headlines like "learning more of the big bang" and "Science 1 - end of earth 0" mocking people who thought it would blow us up. Those, the fact it didn't work was buried very deep.

This isn't so much a condemnation of science as it is the news. Could be why print is dying. I noticed online they give you the news in as little words as possible, and in print they spend most of the time trying to tell you what you should think of it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physics is boring!

My son got an A- in PHYSICS (12th grade.) I am reading here---on his report card that he "Understands Fundamentals." I am going to have to "brush up" on some of this. :puzzled:

In college they called it "Funny Physics"---but, it wasn't so funny to me. :lol KWIM?