• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Some "Formatting & Use" Questions

• Members

To whomever may be able to provide answers, I have a few "formatting & use" questions --

1.  In the past setup of Online Baptist, we could create an automatic "ending element" (I am not sure of the technical term) for all of our postings.  Mine used to read as follows:

For the Excellency of the Knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord,

Abiding in Christ, and Christ in us,

Pastor Scott Markle

www.shepherdingtheflock.com

Does this new setup for Online Baptist still have such a formatting element?  If it does, I cannot find it; therefore, could someone direct me to it?

2. I notice that the present formatting for Online Baptist causes a double space at the end of every "paragraph."  I like this feature for regular paragraph writing.  However, it is not so preferred for something like a complementary closing, where each line of the closing should be together without spacing.  Is there a way to turn off the "double space at the end of a paragraph" feature for certain sections of a posting (or even for an entire posting)?

3.  In the past set up of Online Baptist, when I entered a thread I would be taken automatically to the first posting of that thread since my last visit.  However, now I am taken to the very first posting of the thread every time.  As a thread becomes much longer, this occurrence becomes more "annoying."  Is there some formatting method that I have missed, that would allow me to go automatically to the first posting of a thread since may last visit, as in the past?  If there is, could someone reveal it to me?

Thank you, whomever, for whatever help you may be able to provide in these matters.

Pastor Scott Markle

• Administrators

Bro Scott, I am not sure this board formatting will allow my answers. I have not tested them yet. But I know that they work in most text editors. See below in Blue text.

To whomever may be able to provide answers, I have a few "formatting & use" questions --

1.  In the past setup of Online Baptist, we could create an automatic "ending element" (I am not sure of the technical term) for all of our postings.  Mine used to read as follows:

For the Excellency of the Knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord,

Abiding in Christ, and Christ in us,

Pastor Scott Markle

www.shepherdingtheflock.com

Does this new setup for Online Baptist still have such a formatting element?  If it does, I cannot find it; therefore, could someone direct me to it?

​This is called a signature. You create signatures in your profile and choose a "default signature" to be attached to your post.
I looked since I posted this reply and this feature is not available that I can see.

2. I notice that the present formatting for Online Baptist causes a double space at the end of every "paragraph."  I like this feature for regular paragraph writing.  However, it is not so preferred for something like a complementary closing, where each line of the closing should be together without spacing.  Is there a way to turn off the "double space at the end of a paragraph" feature for certain sections of a posting (or even for an entire posting)?

Again I am not sure this can be done with this board's format, but try a "shift/enter" rather than a simple "enter". I know that this takes out the double spacing in MS Word.
This works, I just tried it in this reply and this sentence.

3.  In the past set up of Online Baptist, when I entered a thread I would be taken automatically to the first posting of that thread since my last visit.  However, now I am taken to the very first posting of the thread every time.  As a thread becomes much longer, this occurrence becomes more "annoying."  Is there some formatting method that I have missed, that would allow me to go automatically to the first posting of a thread since may last visit, as in the past?  If there is, could someone reveal it to me?

On my forums this feature is called "reverse thread order". It brings the pastest post to the top and the oldest is at the bottom. I'm not sure this can be done on this format.

Thank you, whomever, for whatever help you may be able to provide in these matters.

Pastor Scott Markle

• Members

Thanks Jim for shift/enter - that was annoying me. 

And I still haven't got "indent" which I like to use e.g. to separate Scripture quotes from comment. I have seen it & it disappeared again. I've got 16 format options up to"Size" 

• Members

If you write your replies in MS Word and then paste them into the OB Reply it really takes some formatting mechanics. I've had to use the shift enter to get rid of multiple spaces...save it...and then go back and do it again...and again. Something is amiss.

• 2 weeks later...