• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Quiz

• Members

Cyprus

Act_4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

not to belabor the question on the women in Jesus' genealogy, but wasn't Thamar (Matthew 1:3) also a gentile?

• Moderators

Good answers, but not what I was looking for.  This person's purpose was literally to keep a person warm at night while they slept because they were too cold, just like an electric blanket.

Care to try again Rebecca?  

This was the young virgin brought in to David when he was an old man, and unable to be warm. 1Kings 1:3, Abishag, the Shunammite.

• Members

Abishag the Shunammite

I Kings 1:1-4 1 Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat. 2 Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat. 3 So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. 4 And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not.

(I'm not sure how 'elementary' that answer would be -if this is the one you're talking about- I didn't know her name, I just thought... "uh, that one woman who helped David when he was old?" and then I had to look it up)

Edit: Ukuelemike beat me to it! I type too slow. ;)

Edited by Rebecca

• Members

I guess to me after 40 years of bible reading and study I consider pretty much anything about the life of David to be 'baby christian' stuff, and the incongruity of having a young and beautiful virgin prescribed to treat David's lack of body heat in his old age made that name stick with me.  Good job Ukulelemike!  Please ask another trivia question!  If Ukulelemike doesn't ask one by the end of the week could you ask one Rebecca?

• Members

1Ch 15:16 And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;

1Ch 15:20 And Zechariah, and Aziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, and Eliab, and Maaseiah, and Benaiah, with psalteries on Alamoth;

1Ch 15:21 And Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obededom, and Jeiel, and Azaziah, with harps on the Sheminith to excel.

1Ch 15:22 And Chenaniah, chief of the Levites, was for song: he instructed about the song, because he was skilful.

• Moderators

1Ch 15:16 And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;

1Ch 15:20 And Zechariah, and Aziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, and Eliab, and Maaseiah, and Benaiah, with psalteries on Alamoth;

1Ch 15:21 And Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obededom, and Jeiel, and Azaziah, with harps on the Sheminith to excel.

1Ch 15:22 And Chenaniah, chief of the Levites, was for song: he instructed about the song, because he was skilful.

You're almost there. Remember, I said four. You are missing one yet. You should find it in the same context

• Members

I thought the singers were one ;)

1Ch 15:24 And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obededom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...