• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Quiz

• Moderators

What are the three categories of mankind that Paul makes mention of? 

(Hint: it's in his letters to the city in whose port Phebe resided.)

Edited by Salyan

• Members

I added these new rules to the first page, but I thought I'd add it here as well, just in case. ;)

Revised rules:

* All questions must come from the KJV Bible and be supported by scripture.

* All questions must be answered with a scripture verse included. If your question can't be answered with a scripture verse or two, try to re-word it or ask a different question.

* If someone answers a question but the person who asked the question doesn't return to say whether or not it's correct by the end of one week(or if no one else disputes the answer), the person who answered may begin a new post and ask their question.

• Members

Last night, I left my scroll next to the hearth, as I was picking some good, and evil (rotten) figs for an illustration, and the king came along and took his penknife (with instruction from the scholars no doubt), and cut half of this verse out. "And ye shall seek me, and find me, .... "

Alas! I have no more inspiration! Can one of the brethren help me to finish this verse? There should be enough clues in the above little sentence to direct the reader to find the verse.

Edited by Alan
wording

• Members

Jeremiah 36:23-24 (KJV)
23  And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.
24  Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, neither the king, nor any of his servants that heard all these words. 

Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)
13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 

Threw in the other verses also from Jeremiah because of the reference to a penknife cutting out scripture.  

Bro. Garry

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Couldn't all human beings be considered human electric blankets, though? ;)

But to answer the question: There were two: Elijah and Elisha both raised boys from the dead by laying on them. Although if I had to choose, I'd say Elisha, since the Bible specifically mentions the child got warm. I would've said Paul, but he just hugged the guy, said he was fine, and went back to preaching(Acts 20:10), so he'd be more like a human defibrillator, haha!

Elijah -- I Kings 17:17-24 -- v.21"And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this child’s soul come into him again."

Elisha -- II Kings 4:32-37 -- v.34 "And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm."

• Members

Good answers, but not what I was looking for.  This person's purpose was literally to keep a person warm at night while they slept because they were too cold, just like an electric blanket.

Care to try again Rebecca?  

Edited by 2bLikeJesus