• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Quiz

• Members

I can't find any reference to children by Rahab.  Am I missing something?  Help me out.  That is why I made the assumption that Bathsheba was possibly a Hittite because of Uriah her husband and I know Bathsheba bore Solomon in the line of Christ.

• Members

Judges 4:21

Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.

Which animal was first to leave Noah's ark?

• Members

The Dove.  Genesis 8:12 (KJV)
12  And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more. 

Who slew Lahmi, the brother of Goliath the Gittite?  

Oops..I guess I am supposed to wait to ask a questions until I am told I was right.

• Members

I can't find any reference to children by Rahab.  Am I missing something?  Help me out.  That is why I made the assumption that Bathsheba was possibly a Hittite because of Uriah her husband and I know Bathsheba bore Solomon in the line of Christ.

​I believe Rahab was the mother of Boaz and therefore in Jesus' genealogy.

• Members

In Jesus' genealogy in Matthew 1:5, it mentions Rahab, but spells it (and Boaz) differently:   "and Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;"

------------------

It was actually the raven that left the ark first, before the dove.  Genesis 8: 6-7 -  "And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made: and he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth." 

-------------

Elhanan killed Lahmi - I Chronicles 20:5  "And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver’s beam."

• Moderators

Okay, where are we? Who is asking the next question? Seems to have gotten a bit confusing.

If I may add a rule, if Li Bai Jia doesn't mind, let's keep questions to where the answer is a clear Biblical fact, not speculation, ie, not, Who were the sons of God that married the daughters of men? because it will lead to speculation and argument. Clear facts.

And since I'm not sure where we are, if I may, I will ask the next question and we can continue on.  Ahem ahem..

What animal was used for the atonement sacrifice for Israel on the Day of Atonement?

• Members

Leviticus 16:5 "And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering."

Two baby goats, but one was to be a scapegoat. The ram was to be offered up for Aaron and his household before the goat for the people of Israel was offered. Leviticus 16:5-22