Jump to content
Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

    • By Jim_Alaska in Jim_Alaska's Sermons & Devotionals
         33
      Closed Communion
      James Foley
       
      I Corinthians 11:17-34: "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

      INTRODUCTION

      Historic Baptists, true Baptists, have believed in and still believe in closed communion. Baptists impose upon themselves the same restrictions that they impose on others concerning the Lord’s Supper. Baptists have always insisted that it is the Lord’s Table, not theirs; and He alone has the right to say who shall sit at His table. No amount of so called brotherly love, or ecumenical spirit, should cause us to invite to His table those who have not complied with the requirements laid down plainly in His inspired Word. With respect to Bible doctrines we must always use the scripture as our guide and practice. For Baptists, two of the most important doctrines are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. These are the only two doctrines we recognize as Church Ordinances. The Bible is very clear in teaching how these doctrines are to be practiced and by whom.

      We only have two ordinances that we must never compromise or we risk our very existence, they are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.

      The moment we deviate from the precise method God has prescribed we have started down the slippery slope of error. True Baptists have held fast to the original doctrine of The Lord’s Supper from the time of Christ and the Apostles.

      Unfortunately, in this day of what the Bible describes as the age of luke warmness, Baptists are becoming careless in regard to strictly following the pattern laid out for us in Scripture. Many of our Bible colleges are graduating otherwise sincere, Godly and dedicated pastors and teachers who have not been taught the very strict, biblical requirements that surround the Lord’s Supper. Any Bible college that neglects to teach its students the differences surrounding Closed Communion, Close Communion and Open Communion is not simply short changing its students; it is also not equipping their students to carry on sound Bible traditions. The result is men of God and churches that fall into error. And as we will see, this is serious error.

      Should we as Baptists ignore the restrictions made by our Lord and Master? NO! When we hold to the restrictions placed upon the Lord’s Supper by our Master, we are defending the "faith which was once delivered to the saints" Jude 3.

      The Lord’s Supper is rigidly restricted and I will show this in the following facts:

      IT IS RESTRICTED AS TO PLACE

      A. I Corinthians 11:18 says, "When ye come together in the church." This does not mean the church building; they had none. In other words, when the church assembles. The supper is to be observed by the church, in church capacity. Again this does not mean the church house. Ekklesia, the Greek word for church, means assembly. "When ye come together in the church," is when the church assembles.

      B. When we say church we mean an assembly of properly baptized believers. Acts 2:41-42: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

      The church is made up of saved people who are baptized by immersion. In the Bible, belief precedes baptism. That’s the Bible way.

      Acts 8:12-13, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

      When we say properly baptized, we mean immersed. No unbeliever should take the Lord’s supper, and no non-immersed believer should take the supper. Those who are sprinkled are not baptized and cannot receive the supper. The Greek word for baptize is baptizo, and it always means to immerse.

      "In every case where communion is referred to, or where it may possibly have been administered, the believers had been baptized Acts 2:42; 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 6:14-15; 18:8; 20:7. Baptism comes before communion, just as repentance and faith precede baptism".

      C. The Lord’s Supper is for baptized believers in church capacity: "When ye come together in the church," again not a building, but the assembly of the properly baptized believers.

      D. The fact that the Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, to be observed in church capacity, is pointed out by the fact that it is for those who have been immersed and added to the fellowship of the church.

      E. The Lord’s Supper is never spoken of in connection with individuals. When it is referred to, it is only referred to in reference to baptized believers in local church capacity I Cor. 11:20-26).

      I want to quote Dr. W.W. Hamilton,

      "The individual administration of the ordinance has no Bible warrant and is a relic of Romanism. The Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, and anything which goes beyond or comes short of this fails for want of scriptural example or command".

      “The practice of taking a little communion kit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. is unscriptural and does not follow the scriptural example.”

      IT IS RESTRICTED TO A UNITED CHURCH

      A. The Bible in I Cor. 11:18 is very strong in condemning divisions around the Lord’s table. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
      19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
      20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

      There were no less than four divisions in the Corinthian church.
      I Cor. 1:12: "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."

      Because of these divisions, it was impossible for them to scripturally eat the Lord’s Supper. Division in the local church is reason to hold off observing the Lord’s Supper. But there are also other reasons to forego taking the Lord’s Supper. If there is gross sin in the membership we do not take it. Here is scriptural evidence for this: 1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
      8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
      10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

      B. At this point, I want to ask these questions: Are there not doctrinal divisions among the many denominations? Is it not our doctrinal differences that cause us to be separate religious bodies?

      IT IS RESTRICTED BY DOCTRINE

      A. Those in the early church at Jerusalem who partook "continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine" Acts 2:42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

      B. Those that do not hold to apostolic truth are not to partake. This means there is to be discipline in the local body. How can you discipline those who do not belong to the local body? You can’t. The clear command of scripture is to withdraw fellowship from those who are not doctrinally sound.

      II Thes 3:6: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us."
      Rom. 16:17: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."
      To commune together means to have the same doctrine.
      II Thes. 2:15: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
      II John 10-11: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

      C. Some Baptists in our day have watered down this doctrine by practicing what they call “Close Communion.” By this they mean that they believe that members of another Baptist church may take communion with us because they are of the same beliefs. Once again, this is unscriptural.

      The welcome to the Lord's Table should not be extended beyond the discipline of the local church. When we take the Lord’s Supper there is supposed to be no gross sin among us and no divisions among us. We have no idea of the spiritual condition of another church’s members. If there is sin or division in the case of this other church’s members, we have no way of knowing it. We cannot discipline them because they are not members of our church. This is why we practice “Closed” communion, meaning it is restricted solely to our church membership. 
      So then, in closing I would like to reiterate the three different ideas concerning the Lord’s Supper and who is to take it. 
      Closed Communion = Only members of a single local church. 
      Close Communion = Members of like faith and order may partake. 
      Open Communion = If you claim to be a Christian, or simply attending the service, you may partake. 
      It is no small thing to attempt to change that which was implemented by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
      Mt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
      Many of our Baptist churches have a real need to consider the gravity of the act of observing The Lord’s Supper. It is not a light thing that is to be taken casually or without regard to the spiritual condition of ourselves or our church.
      1Co. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

       28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

       29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

       30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, wretched said:

Mike, much of your logic in this is not evidentiary but is based more on speculation against the evidence in Scripture. This practice places more importance on speculation to support your theories than the evidence (whether worded specifically to the subject at hand or not) that is found in Scripture contradicting your theories. Your business but it is wrong my friend. 

Show me please one place that says the Holy Spirit is the one taken out of the way. It isn't there-it is pure speculation. Give me your proof that this is absolutely the Spirit, then give me the proof of what other power God seals believers with. See, the ONLY thing God ever seals believers with, is the Spirit of God-we can't just toss that aside-it isn't speculation. he KEEPS us by His word and his name, but he SEALS us with the Spirit. That is evidence and it is found clearly in scripture.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
56 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

Show me please one place that says the Holy Spirit is the one taken out of the way. It isn't there-it is pure speculation. Give me your proof that this is absolutely the Spirit, then give me the proof of what other power God seals believers with. See, the ONLY thing God ever seals believers with, is the Spirit of God-we can't just toss that aside-it isn't speculation. he KEEPS us by His word and his name, but he SEALS us with the Spirit. That is evidence and it is found clearly in scripture.

I understand Mike but IMO a better question would be: who else could it be talking about in its context other than the HS? Any other line of thought would be wild speculation.

If the sealing of the Spirit believers received now were the same type as described in Revelation it would say so Mike. The Revelation description is akin to and counterfeited by Satan with his mark so it is rational to believe this seal is to show definitively who is the Lord's without a shadow of doubt.

IOW: my speculation is better than yours ;)

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, Golgotha said:

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.....Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.....11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

As God led Paul to instruct the church to do to have that feast of fellowship, so will God do at the pre trib rapture event for the Marriage Supper because not every saved believer will be ready & found abiding in Him as His disciples which is why they are left behind, designating that dishonor while in His House still.

Can you quantify this please. It is an interesting theory but what would be the level of sin or point of no return or cutoff of iniquity for a true believer to be certified as dishonorable to the Lord.

While you are chewing on this also answer the similar question of what types of sin would a believer need to commit to become dishonorable and also does the typical believer pass from honorable to dishonorable repeatedly during their physical life down here?

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 0:36 PM, wretched said:

Can you quantify this please. It is an interesting theory but what would be the level of sin or point of no return or cutoff of iniquity for a true believer to be certified as dishonorable to the Lord.

While you are chewing on this also answer the similar question of what types of sin would a believer need to commit to become dishonorable and also does the typical believer pass from honorable to dishonorable repeatedly during their physical life down here?

thanks

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

 It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 3/23/2015 at 8:27 PM, DaveW said:

I need to get a car....

 

Car is singular,  but it could any one of many separate and different cars that I get.

I think I changed my mind Dave.

I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

My whole reason for asking this question was the fact that even some of the churches that are called Baptist have accepted 'lies' about how to 'interpret' some parts of Scripture. 

One I believe that a lot of churches have accepted is that Israel has to become a nation again before the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The subject has been discussed before, yet never was there an answer to one particular question of mine.

Which roughly was - where in the Gospels is it mentioned to us that it is important that Israel will become a nation again in the end days?

One answer by Rhonda was a good try, but still does not really say it.

I perceive it nowhere in the NT.

I believe it's a 'lie' that most have accepted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
6 hours ago, Golgotha said:

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

 It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

All truly born again are presented white as snow and spotless to God, all inquity wiped away from the second of salvation for all eternity.

You still misinterpret most passages you present friend. You think the religious lost and tares are saved. Only a lost religious tare will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They believe with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. 

Interesting theory though I will admit but i googled your ideas and see that they are not that imaginative. Apparently the church of Christ came up with this idea first so I assume you come out of that group rejecting their emotional "faith" but still clinging to some of their teachings. This would also explain your disdain for their following seducing spirits and your being careful not to join a group like that again.

Another hole in your church of Christ theory is the vast majority of "christians" you think will go through the tribulation. According to Revelation the only witnessing that will occur during the tribulation will come from the 144K male jewish virgins and the 2 major witnesses come down from God and those heathen untold millions who have never heard the clear Gospel all over the world who do believe the witnesses and lose their heads or hide.

The biggest gapped hole your theory presents is how on earth could any born again believers with the Spirit indwelling be left behind when the Spirit will not remain on earth. He is on earth now only in flesh (believers) hearts. He takes the whole lot of us out at the rapture (IF Biblically BORN AGAIN, not your version of born again).

I have no doubt 100s of millions of "mental assent christians" will be left behind and will be deluded to believe the lie, but no Biblically born again Christians will. I suspect most of your old church of Christ folks will be among them along with most protestants, catholics, the emerging rick warren/ graham rock n rollers, and even many IFB tares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, wretched said:

All truly born again are presented white as snow and spotless to God, all inquity wiped away from the second of salvation for all eternity.

What you say is true when a sinner is born again as saved, for that is when we are clean, but... Jesus said this about being His disciples.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Abiding in Him as His disciples by His grace & by His help is how we can be received as vessels unto honor in His House;  and His warning applies to when a saved believer stops abiding in Him as His disciple which then comes at the pre trib rapture, they will be cut off, unless they repent in time before the Bridegroom comes.

You cannot say that a saved believer cannot be cut off when Jesus warned us that we can be in verse 6.  Jesus gave the same warning about preparing ourselves in Luke 12:40-49 as He again mentions a cutting off to have that portion with the unbelievers left behind to face the fire coming on the earth.

You have Paul testifying to the possibility of being a castaway.  hence a cutting off in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Paul warned us about how we build on that foundation;  1 Corinthians 3:10-17 & the consequences thereof of having the temple of God be destroyed in verse 17 in that day that fire is coming in verse 13, but they are saved as testified in verse 15.

So a saved believer that foolishly sowed to the works of the flesh & had reaped corruption is going to receive the wages for those unrepentant sins:  physical death.

15 minutes ago, wretched said:

You still misinterpret most passages you present friend. You think the religious lost and tares are saved. Only a lost religious tare will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They believe with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. 

What do you think makes up the so called vessels unto "dishonor" in His House?  Why wouldn't those saved believers get cut off for their religious tares & unrepentant sins?

You have to explain those passages instead of just saying I misinterpreted them if you still believe otherwise.

18 minutes ago, wretched said:
6 hours ago, Golgotha said:

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

 It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

All truly born again are presented white as snow and spotless to God, all inquity wiped away from the second of salvation for all eternity.

You still misinterpret most passages you present friend. You think the religious lost and tares are saved. Only a lost religious tare will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They believe with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. 

Interesting theory though I will admit but i googled your ideas and see that they are not that imaginative. Apparently the church of Christ came up with this idea first so I assume you come out of that group rejecting their emotional "faith" but still clinging to some of their teachings. This would also explain your disdain for their following seducing spirits and your being careful not to join a group like that again.

I was not of the Church of Christ.  I was formerly Presbyterian but did have Bible Studies with other affiliated groups like the Crossing Paths ministry & one other group... which I have forgotten now.. other than the one I had attended given by my youth group of my former church in growing up.

I was not confronted with the supernatural until 1994 when I had visited my Aunt's church in Missouri, and my Lord warned me about this a week earlier.  I did not know that this was it until after having been exposed to it.  I had read something from a Daily Bread or an Upper Room booklet that put the question to me;  "Decide this day whom you will serve;  the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name".  I had felt an urgency to make this decision.   I said to the Lord, "Well.. you of course."  but the urgency remained, and so I said, "Please help me to do this." and it was right after that was when I had His peace.  And so sure enough.. a week later... I was exposed to the spirits behind the holy laughter movement;  and the Lord kept me from following it in serving & sharing in its glory.  I gave Him thanks for that and still do.

So no... not affiliated with the Church of Christ.

26 minutes ago, wretched said:

Another hole in your church of Christ theory is the vast majority of "christians" you think will go through the tribulation. According to Revelation the only witnessing that will occur during the tribulation will come from the 144K male jewish virgins and the 2 major witnesses come down from God and those heathen untold millions who have never heard the clear Gospel all over the world who do believe the witnesses and lose their heads or hide.

Do not confuse the choosing of the 144,000 Jewish Witnesses for the great tribulation plus the two other witnesses as being the only saints in that great tribulation.  Those witnesses were mentioned because the time of the Gentiles will end when the disposition of the gospel go back to the Jews.

The fall of Babylon was mentioned in Revelation 18th chapter & the saints were slain in her wherein the voice of the bride & bridegroom will no longer be heard in her any more.

That fall of Babylon took place in between the 1st angel giving the gospel to every one & the third angel warning every one of the consequence for taking the mark of the beast which is the lake of fire.  Revelation 14:6-11  Those 3 angels sets up the hour of trial that shall try all on the earth as everyone left behind will know the gospel & the consequence for taking the mark of the beast as that fall of Babylon when one third of the earth is burned up ( hence the entire western hemisphere is how & why New World Order will come about with their mark of the beast system to buy & sell because of limited resources in the world.

Other than this to testify how bad it will be in the churches in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30; Jesus said this as a cryptic warning as how bad it will be before He comes as to why only a few be raptured.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Only two churches out of seven in Revelations were ready & abiding in Him, but they were exhorted to hold fast and one was given the outright warning of being cast into the great tribulation unless they repent which is also the waring to the other five not abiding in Him.

40 minutes ago, wretched said:

The biggest gapped hole your theory presents is how on earth could any born again believers with the Spirit indwelling be left behind when the Spirit will not remain on earth.

Then explain why His words called those left behind as saints in Revelation 18th chapter that had to be made to rest from their labors as their works will follow them;  which I interpret it as wood, stubble, & hay.. works that deny Him.. as their works will follow them to death as in dust to dust & ashes to ashes?  You can't say new believers after the everlasting gospel was preached ( although it could include them ) BUT Hebrews 4:1-11 comes to mind about laboring in unbelief & thus refusing to cease from their own works to rest in Him, thus made to rest from their labors.  So that is why I do not see those saints as new believers being made to rest from their labors, although after the rapture & the everlasting gospel;  there will be new believers, but hardly any works to follow new believers to ashes.  So this has to apply to the religious that profess Him ( even those wayward saints in the supernatural that profess Him in keeping with the OP ) that you deemed as unsaved, because Paul went on to the 3rd chapter of Thessalonians as clarifying those wicked & unreasonable men that have not faith which follow not after the traditions taught of us & are disorderly that we are to withdraw from them NOT in treating them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still.  Do note that after describing them as all that, Paul calls them brothers still.  He did not go beyond what you did by saying that they were never saved or that they were unsaved.  Something to discern about with Him, brother.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

  • Recent Achievements

    • Mark C earned a badge
      First Post
    • Razor went up a rank
      Collaborator
    • Mark C earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • KJV1611BELIEVER earned a badge
      First Post
    • KJV1611BELIEVER earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Tell a friend

    Love Online Baptist Community? Tell a friend!
  • Members

  • Popular Now

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Razor

      “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
      ― Mark Twain
      · 0 replies
    • Razor

      “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
      ― Mark Twain
      · 1 reply
    • Razor

      Psalms 139 Psalm 139:9-10
      9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10. even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy righthand shall hold me. 
       
      · 0 replies
    • Bro. West  »  Pastor Scott Markle

      Advanced revelation, then...prophecy IS advanced revelation in the context of the apostles.
      I really do not know where you are going with this. The Bible itself has revelations and prophecies and not all revelations are prophecies.
      Paul had things revealed to him that were hid and unknown that the Gentiles would be fellow heirs.
      How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Eph 3:3-9
      And I do not mean this as a Hyper-dispensationalist would, for there were people in Christ before Paul (Rom. 16:7). This is not prophecy for there are none concerning the Church age in the O.T..
      Israel rejected the New Wine (Jesus Christ) and said the Old Wine (law) was better, had they tasted the New Wine there would be no church age or mystery as spoken above. to be revealed.
      It was a revealed mystery. Sure there are things concerning the Gentiles after the this age. And we can now see types in the Old Testament (Boaz and Ruth) concerning a Gentile bride, but this is hindsight.
      Peter could have had a ham sandwich in Acts 2, but he did not know it till later, by revelation. But this has nothing to do with 1John 2;23 and those 10 added words in italics. Where did they get them? Did the violate Pro. 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Where did they get this advance revelation? Was it from man, God or the devil?
        I just read your comment and you bypassed what I wrote concerning book arrangement, chapters being added and verse numberings and such. There is no scripture support for these either, should we reject these?
      Happy New Year
      · 0 replies
    • Bro. West

      Seeing it is Christ----mas time and I was answering question on Luke 2:33 concerning Jesus, Mary and Joseph . I thought it would be fitting to display a poem i wrote concerning the matter.
      SCRIPTURAL MARY

      I WALK NOT ON WATER NOR CHANGE IT TO WINE
      SO HEARKEN O’ SINNER TO THIS STORY OF MINE
      I, AM A DAUGHTER OF ABRAHAM SINNER BY BIRTH
      A HAND MAID OF LOW ESTATE USED HERE ON EARTH
      MY HAIR IS NOT GENTILE BLOND, I HAVE NOT EYES OF BLUE
      A MOTHER OF MANY CHILDREN A DAUGHTER OF A JEW
      FOR JOSEPH MY HUSBAND DID HONOUR OUR BED
      TO FATHER OUR CHILDREN WHO NOW ARE ALL DEAD
      BUT I SPEAK NOT OF THESE WHO I LOVED SO WELL
      BUT OF THE FIRST BORN WHICH SAVED ME FROM HELL
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY SO TRUST ME NOT
                                               2
      WHEN I WAS A VIRGIN UNKNOWN BY MAN
      THE ANGEL OF GOD SPOKE OF GOD’S PLAN
      FOR I HAD BEEN CHOSEN A FAVOUR VESSEL OF CLAY
      TO BARE THE SON OF THE HIGHEST BY AN UNUSUAL WAY
      FOR THE SCRIPTURE FORETOLD OF WHAT WAS TO BE
      SO MY WOMB GOD FILLED WHEN HE OVER SHADOW ME
      BUT THE LAW OF MOSES DID DEMAND MY LIFE
      WOULD JOSEPH MY BETROTHED MAKE ME HIS WIFE
      I THOUGHT ON THESE THINGS WITH SO NEEDLESS FEARS
      BUT A DREAM HE RECEIVED ENDED ALL FEARS
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY SO TRUST ME NOT
                                              3
      THEN MY SOUL DID REJOICE IN GOD MY SAVIOR
      HE SCATTERED THE PROUD AND BLESS ME WITH FAVOR
      O’ THE RICH ARE EMPTY, THE HUNGRY HAVE GOOD THINGS
      FOR THE THRONE OF DAVID WOULD HAVE JESUS THE KING
      BUT BEFORE I DELIVERED THE MAN CHILD OF OLD
      CAESAR WITH TAXES DEMANDED OUR GOLD
      TO THE CITY OF DAVID JOSEPH AND I WENT
      ON A BEAST OF BURDEN OUR STRENGTH NEAR SPEND
      NO ROOM AT An INN, BUT A STABLE WAS FOUND
      WITH STRAW AND DUNG LAID ON THE GROUND
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY, SO TRUST ME NOT
                                                  4
      MY MATRIX WAS OPEN IN A PLACE SO PROFANE
      FROM THE GLORY OF GLORIES TO A BEGGAR’S DOMAIN
      SO WE WRAPPED THE CHILD GIVEN TO THE HEATHEN A STRANGER
      NO REPUTATION IS SOUGHT TO BE BORN IN A MANGER
      HIS STAR WAS ABOVE US THE HOST OF HEAVEN DID SING
      FOR SHEPHERDS AND WISE MEN WORSHIP ONLY THE KING
      BUT HEROD THAT DEVIL SOUGHT FOR HIS SOUL
      AND MURDER RACHEL’S CHILDREN UNDER TWO YEARS OLD
      BUT JOSEPH MY HUSBAND WAS WARNED IN A DREAM
      SO WE FLED INTO EGYPT BECAUSE OF HIS SCHEME
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY SO TRUST ME NOT
                                               5
      SO THE GIVER OF LIFE, THE ROCK OF ALL AGES
      GREW UP TO FULFILL THE HOLY PAGES
      HE PREACH WITH AUTHORITY LIKE NONE BEFORE
      PLEASE TRUST HIS WORDS AND NOT THE GREAT WHORE
      HER BLACK ROBE PRIEST FILL THEIR LIPS WITH MY NAME
      WITH BLASPHEMOUS PRAISE, DAMMATION AND SHAME
      THERE ARE NO NAIL PRINTS IN MY HANDS, MY BODY DID NOT ARISE
      NOR, AM A DEMON OF FATIMA FLOATING IN THE SKY
      THERE IS NO DEITY IN MY VEINS FOR ADAM CAME FROM SOD
      FOR I, AM, MOTHER OF THE SON OF MAN NOT THE MOTHER OF GOD
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY, SO TRUST ME NOT
      6
      FOR MY SOUL WAS PURCHASED BY GOD UPON THE CROSS
      FOR MY SINS HE DID SUFFER AN UNMEASURABLE COST
      I WILL NOT STEAL HIS GLORY WHO ROSE FROM THE DEAD
      ENDURING SPIT AND THORNS PLACED ON HIS HEAD
      YET, IF YOU WISH TO HONOR ME THEN GIVE ME NONE AT ALL
      BUT TRUST THE LAMB WHO STOOL IN PILATE’S HALL
      CALL NOT ON THIS REDEEMED WOMAN IN YOUR TIME OF FEAR
      FOR I WILL NOT GIVE ANSWER NEITHER WILL I HEAR
      AND WHEN THE BOOKS ARE OPEN AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE
      I AMEN YOUR DAMNATION THAT TRUST NOT HIM ALONE
      MY FLESH SAW CORRUPTION MY BONES THEY DID ROT
      MY PAPS ARE NOT HOLY, O’ SINNER TRUST ME NOT

                       WRITTEN BY BRO. WEST
       
      · 0 replies
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...