• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

• Members
4 hours ago, DaveW said:

Eternal life is eternal by definition.

That means that it can not be lost, revoked, or removed, by ANYONE. Otherwise it is not ETERNAL life.

Everlasting life is everlasting by definition.

If it does not last for ever FOR ANY REASON  it is not and never was everlasting.

And there are plenty of verses that use these terms in describing the life given at salvation.

Salvation cannot be taken away for any reason by anyone, otherwise God becomes a liar when He calls salvation "eternal life".

I know this is simple, but it is nonetheless true.

The first inheritance which is life everlasting is when the elect will be changed to be like the angels that never die & neither marry nor given in marriage.  This will only happen at the re trib rapture;  hence the vessels unto honor.

You need His help to discern why & what the vessels unto dishonor are that are in His House & how can they be in His House still for not departing from iniquity?  What does it mean to be vessels of wood & earth as opposed to vessels of gold & silver?  There has to be two kind of eternal inheritance where the latter comes to its realization when death has finally been defeated.  Read 2 Timothy 2:18-21

There will be saints after the great tribulation that has to go into the city of God to eat from the tree of life.  This will no longer be necessary when death is finally defeated & cast into the lake of fire, but before then, not every believer will have that first inheritance.  Those vessels unto dishonor may not have the kind of everlasting life per the inheritance, BUT after death is defeated, they will, thanks to Jesus Christ.

• Members
2 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Golgotha.......

John 5:24King James Version (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit......4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.....5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

We are not working for our salvation, because we are saved, but we are called to live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by trusting Him as our Good Shepherd in finishing His work & that race for us.

A saved believer living in the flesh will fall into condemnation.  You do not get these warnings from James & Paul unless it is possible for a saved believer to be foolish to sow to the works of the flesh.

So what we build on that foundation which was laid by Jesus Christ does matter as we need to trust Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to help us run that race in laying aside every weight & sin in doing so by His grace.

But not every believer is applying faith in Jesus Christ to be their Good Shepherd to do that which is why many believers are not abiding in Him as His disciples in being ready to be received by Him when the Bridegroom comes.

While the door to the Marriage Supper is still open, may every believer & former believer that still have His seal, go before that throne of grace for help in discerning good & evil in finding the truth in His words in departing from iniquity because a saved believer can fall under condemnation & be damned in becoming a vessel unto dishonor, but they will eventually inherit eternal life once death has been defeated & cast into the lake of fire whereas the vessels unto honor will inherit everlasting life right away at the pre trib rapture event when God judges His House first.

• Members
38 minutes ago, wretched said:

Howdy friend,

Howdy friend,:)  ~ Golgotha

So, what you are saying in this and similar postings is not that a born again person can unregenerate themselves and become lost again but you are saying that these carnal worldly Christians will suffer through the tribulation with the lost. Correct? But will not be cast into the lake of fire, correct?

Correct;  saved believers that had gone astray either by heresy or carnality or whatever, they still have His seal.  They may not believe for whatever the lie that did it, but He still abides in them & He will finish His work even in those left behind. ~ Golgotha

Curious, so where are those carnals who have died over the last 2000 years residing right now pending the rapture and tribulation? And what is their role during the 1000 year reign?

As I understand this; they are present with the Lord just as those left behind when they die, their souls are under the altar in Heaven still waiting for their resurrection which is as vessels unto dishonor in His House after the great tribulation. ~ Golgotha

Also, please address these holes I noticed at first glance in your last posting:

1.  Receiving Christ is a reaction sparked by heart belief in the Bible Gospel under the Spirit's conviction. This passage in context in no way implies (nor does any other Scripture) that salvation can be obtained through "mental acknowledgement" of Christ and His atoning work. "The devil's believe and tremble"

The devil's believe & tremble is taken from James 2nd chapter which has often been misused by believers to imply that belief in Jesus Christ is not enough for any one to be saved by in spite of the numerous invitations from Jesus saying otherwise.  I believe Jesus's words over believers' misapplication of James' words. ~ Golgotha

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

James was addressing the church's abuse of the poor by the way the church would verbalize faith in God's Providence to the departing poor to get out of helping the poor thus avoiding meeting their immediate need from the bounty collected after church service.  It was never about faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, but faith in His Providence to provide.  If the church declare that faith, then they should set the example, otherwise, that verbalized faith in His Providence of the church's will not "profit" the poor nor "saved" the poor when the church that claimed having that faith in His Providence.. is dead in the eyes of the poor.

Only Jesus can help believers see the meaning of James words in context that it was not about faith in Jesus Christ but the abuse of applying faith in His Providence to the poor in getting out of helping the poor. ~ Golgotha

2. The wiping away of tears occurs after the 1000 year reign of Christ with the very next event on God's calendar being the Great White Throne and then the wiping away of tears.  In context and IMO the tears indicate our sorrow and remorse over all the loved ones who are now in the lake of fire and much more so all the ones we failed to warn. Since I am making an honest effort to understand your point of view, what does this correction do to your theory?

That is one reference which will happen later, but there is an earlier reference in verse 17 of a wiping away of the tears for those saints coming out of the great tribulation to serve Him for the milleniel reign of Christ. ~ Golgotha

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Your responses in your quote are still in normal black type;  

My responses are in blue in your quote

Scripture are added in purple in your quote

Thank you for your time & sharing your points of contentions. May God cause the increase for I know I cannot. :)

• Members
4 hours ago, Golgotha said:

The first inheritance which is life everlasting is when the elect will be changed to be like the angels that never die & neither marry nor given in marriage.  This will only happen at the re trib rapture;  hence the vessels unto honor.

You need His help to discern why & what the vessels unto dishonor are that are in His House & how can they be in His House still for not departing from iniquity?  What does it mean to be vessels of wood & earth as opposed to vessels of gold & silver?  There has to be two kind of eternal inheritance where the latter comes to its realization when death has finally been defeated.  Read 2 Timothy 2:18-21

There will be saints after the great tribulation that has to go into the city of God to eat from the tree of life.  This will no longer be necessary when death is finally defeated & cast into the lake of fire, but before then, not every believer will have that first inheritance.  Those vessels unto dishonor may not have the kind of everlasting life per the inheritance, BUT after death is defeated, they will, thanks to Jesus Christ.

Thankyou for your concern about my understanding, but I understand that ILLUSTRATION just fine thanks, and I also understand that you do not build doctrines upon illustrations.

But life everlasting is Salvation.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I don't see your link to "a first inheritance".

But then again, as others have already pointed out, not many of the links you make actually appear to be there.

• Members
13 hours ago, Golgotha said:

So yes... there will be many believers in the latter days that will not be found abiding in Him nor even be willing to go when the Bridegroom comes.  They are still His, but this is why judgment must fall on the House of God first & not just because of the falling away from the faith due to the workings of Satan as mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2nd chapter.

OOPSIE! Where does God's word say judgment will FALL on the House of God?
I believe you've misquoted scripture here.

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God..." (1 Pet. 4:17) BEGIN and FALL are two different words, with entirely different meanings.

I also see NO JUDGMENT  on the "house of God" anywhere in 2 Thes 2
But what I DO see is "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth..." (v.12)

What truth is it they did not believe?  "because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (v.10)

Pretty clear that is not speaking of saved believers! In fact, the exact opposite.   Again... no mention of "judgment must fall on the House of God" as you stated, not there in 2 Thes. 2 and not anywhere else either.

• Members
15 hours ago, DaveW said:

Thankyou for your concern about my understanding, but I understand that ILLUSTRATION just fine thanks, and I also understand that you do not build doctrines upon illustrations.

But life everlasting is Salvation.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I don't see your link to "a first inheritance".

But then again, as others have already pointed out, not many of the links you make actually appear to be there.

Jesus used parables for illustrations IMO.  Course, even then, we need His wisdom to understand the parables.

Anyway... if there are no other kind of inheritance except one, then explain why God has two kinds of vessels in His House?

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

What makes a believer a vessel unto honor in His House to akin to vessels of gold & silver?

Doesn't the vessel of wood & earth hence a vessel unto dishonor be undesirable for a believer to be received as?

How does this call to depart from iniquity relate to a believer purging himself of iniquity to be that vessel unto honor?

Does this not prove that an unrepentant believer in iniquity when the Bridegroom comes is why they will be disqualified from the Marriage Supper & left behind to be received later on as a vessel unto dishonor?

Explain how a vessel unto dishonor that was in iniquity, still be considered as in His House?

If keeping His commandments is how we are His disciples as John 15th chapter testifies, then how can those that believe but break even the least of His commandments & teaches others so be still in His kingdom, but as the least?

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

How does this not look like that there are two kinds of inheritances awaiting believers?  

Doesn't this bring new light to the parable about the loyal elder son that did everything that the father told him & as a result, has all that the father has, and the prodigal son that had given up his first inheritance for wild living even though he is still son?

Why else would Jesus warn saved believers to be ready or else be cut off to have their "portions" with "unbelievers" when He sends fire on the earth?  Luke 12:40-49

• Members
13 hours ago, Ronda said:

OOPSIE! Where does God's word say judgment will FALL on the House of God?
I believe you've misquoted scripture here.

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God..." (1 Pet. 4:17) BEGIN and FALL are two different words, with entirely different meanings.

I also see NO JUDGMENT  on the "house of God" anywhere in 2 Thes 2
But what I DO see is "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth..." (v.12)

What truth is it they did not believe?  "because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (v.10)

Pretty clear that is not speaking of saved believers! In fact, the exact opposite.   Again... no mention of "judgment must fall on the House of God" as you stated, not there in 2 Thes. 2 and not anywhere else either.

Judgment must begin with us first before judgment falls on those outside of His House.  

You do not have Peter talking about judgment coming on those that obey not the gospel in the same breath of the judgment coming to His House unless repercussions were going to come for saved believers not abiding in Him & His words as His disciples.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Some may take this reference as proof as loss of salvation to disprove OSAS, but Peter was talking about being saved from what is coming on the earth.

Can a believer be saved and find himself in a worse sinful state before he was saved.  Yes.  Here's how.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

I was such a dog.  But Jesus saved me still by delivering me from my bondage of corruption as I am trusting Him to keep me abiding in Him as His disciple.  By His grace, I am trusting Him to keep me hoping in Him in keeping me from returning to my vomit to avoid being a castaway.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

In any event, not every dog that returns to his vomit will call on Him to deliver them in time for the Marriage Supper, but they are still His, having His seal, but He will finish His work in them in spite of defiling the temple of God as 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 testifies in verse 15 that they are still saved even after having been excommunicated from attending the Marriage Supper ( Luke 13:24-30 ) to have their portions with unbelievers to face the fire & the coming great tribulation on the earth as the left behind saints are still called His servants as they will be receiving their stripes from Him.  Luke 12:40-49  

The repercussions for not running that race can be seen in Hebrews 12th chapter by the Father's chastening for that short time during which the saints are left behind for.  They will be received, but as vessels unto dishonor.

Edited by Golgotha

• Members
8 hours ago, Golgotha said:

Jesus used parables for illustrations IMO.  Course, even then, we need His wisdom to understand the parables.

Anyway... if there are no other kind of inheritance except one, then explain why God has two kinds of vessels in His House?

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

What makes a believer a vessel unto honor in His House to akin to vessels of gold & silver?

Doesn't the vessel of wood & earth hence a vessel unto dishonor be undesirable for a believer to be received as?

How does this call to depart from iniquity relate to a believer purging himself of iniquity to be that vessel unto honor?

Does this not prove that an unrepentant believer in iniquity when the Bridegroom comes is why they will be disqualified from the Marriage Supper & left behind to be received later on as a vessel unto dishonor?

Explain how a vessel unto dishonor that was in iniquity, still be considered as in His House?

If keeping His commandments is how we are His disciples as John 15th chapter testifies, then how can those that believe but break even the least of His commandments & teaches others so be still in His kingdom, but as the least?

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

How does this not look like that there are two kinds of inheritances awaiting believers?  

Doesn't this bring new light to the parable about the loyal elder son that did everything that the father told him & as a result, has all that the father has, and the prodigal son that had given up his first inheritance for wild living even though he is still son?

Why else would Jesus warn saved believers to be ready or else be cut off to have their "portions" with "unbelievers" when He sends fire on the earth?  Luke 12:40-49

Actually "no" to most of this......

For instance,  both the vessels to hobour and the vessels to dishonour are IN HIS HOUSE, so you either have trouble reading plain text or are hoping no one else here can read plain text.

Secondly there is no mention in that passage of the marriage supper, nor of the vessels being taken at separate times or in fact just about any other link you state here.

I think a far more important link to make for you would be vs 16 and 22 of the passage you quote........

• Members
13 hours ago, DaveW said:

Actually "no" to most of this......

13 hours ago, DaveW said:

For instance,  both the vessels to hobour and the vessels to dishonour are IN HIS HOUSE, so you either have trouble reading plain text or are hoping no one else here can read plain text.

The plain text is that verses 19-21 is a call to depart from iniquity and the reference to those two kinds of vessels in His House testify how those purging themselves of the iniquity is how any believer can be received as a vessel unto honor in His House.  So that means the vessels unto dishonor are those that have not departed from iniquity, even though they are still in His House.

The reason God is judging His House first at the pre trib rapture is obvious to me by the practice He has set forth for the church in 1 Corinthians 5th chapter about excommunicating those in unrepentant iniquity.  The metaphors there in regards to eating & fellowship shows why God would do this in excommunicating saved, but unrepentant believers from attending the Marriage Supper.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.....Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.....11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

As God led Paul to instruct the church to do to have that feast of fellowship, so will God do at the pre trib rapture event for the Marriage Supper because not every saved believer will be ready & found abiding in Him as His disciples which is why they are left behind, designating that dishonor while in His House still.

• Moderators
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, wretched said:

Mike, much of your logic in this is not evidentiary but is based more on speculation against the evidence in Scripture. This practice places more importance on speculation to support your theories than the evidence (whether worded specifically to the subject at hand or not) that is found in Scripture contradicting your theories. Your business but it is wrong my friend. 

Show me please one place that says the Holy Spirit is the one taken out of the way. It isn't there-it is pure speculation. Give me your proof that this is absolutely the Spirit, then give me the proof of what other power God seals believers with. See, the ONLY thing God ever seals believers with, is the Spirit of God-we can't just toss that aside-it isn't speculation. he KEEPS us by His word and his name, but he SEALS us with the Spirit. That is evidence and it is found clearly in scripture.

• Members
56 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

Show me please one place that says the Holy Spirit is the one taken out of the way. It isn't there-it is pure speculation. Give me your proof that this is absolutely the Spirit, then give me the proof of what other power God seals believers with. See, the ONLY thing God ever seals believers with, is the Spirit of God-we can't just toss that aside-it isn't speculation. he KEEPS us by His word and his name, but he SEALS us with the Spirit. That is evidence and it is found clearly in scripture.

I understand Mike but IMO a better question would be: who else could it be talking about in its context other than the HS? Any other line of thought would be wild speculation.

If the sealing of the Spirit believers received now were the same type as described in Revelation it would say so Mike. The Revelation description is akin to and counterfeited by Satan with his mark so it is rational to believe this seal is to show definitively who is the Lord's without a shadow of doubt.

IOW: my speculation is better than yours ;)

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, Golgotha said:

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.....Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.....11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

As God led Paul to instruct the church to do to have that feast of fellowship, so will God do at the pre trib rapture event for the Marriage Supper because not every saved believer will be ready & found abiding in Him as His disciples which is why they are left behind, designating that dishonor while in His House still.

Can you quantify this please. It is an interesting theory but what would be the level of sin or point of no return or cutoff of iniquity for a true believer to be certified as dishonorable to the Lord.

While you are chewing on this also answer the similar question of what types of sin would a believer need to commit to become dishonorable and also does the typical believer pass from honorable to dishonorable repeatedly during their physical life down here?

thanks

• Members
On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 0:36 PM, wretched said:

Can you quantify this please. It is an interesting theory but what would be the level of sin or point of no return or cutoff of iniquity for a true believer to be certified as dishonorable to the Lord.

While you are chewing on this also answer the similar question of what types of sin would a believer need to commit to become dishonorable and also does the typical believer pass from honorable to dishonorable repeatedly during their physical life down here?

thanks

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

Edited by Golgotha