• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Soul-Winning Message in Lyric Form....

• Members

Does Anybody Hear Her

She is running
A hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction
She is trying
But the canyon's ever widening
In the depths of her cold heart
So she sets out on another misadventure just to find
She's another two years older
And she's three more steps behind

Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?
Or does anybody even knows she's going down today
Under the shadow of our steeple
With all the lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me
Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?

She is yearning
For shelter and affection
That she never found at home
She is searching
For a hero to ride in
To ride in and save the day
And in walks her prince charming
And he knows just what to say
Momentary lapse of reason
And she gives herself away

If judgement looms under every steeple
If lofty glances from lofty people
Can't see past her scarlet letter
And we never even met her

He is running
A hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction

AWESOME! Who is the artist? Please don't say that you wrote it' date=' trc. :Green Otherwise, I need to get back to my poetry. LOL.[/quote']

It's Casting Crowns. I've heard that song before, and it has a good message. It's actually pretty mild for CCM, as far as the music goes... not that I'm excusing CCM, but I do think a lot of Casting Crowns songs are good lyric-wise.

Casting Crowns is very good music. I have the CD..."What If His People Prayed." It is awesome, and very uplifting to the Lord Jesus Christ. Good stuff, indeed.

Casting Crowns is very good music. I have the CD..."What If His People Prayed." It is awesome' date=' and very uplifting to the Lord Jesus Christ. Good stuff, indeed.[/quote']

I love the song "What if His people prayed"... it's a little too upbeat for a lot of people, but I love the lyrics. Very powerful.

• Members

That's a really great song. It's on the album "Lifesong." Most of their songs have very to-the-point and powerful lyrics. I like that. I don't like CCM where you have to try and guess what the song is talking about. A little bit is okay because music is poetry and symbolism but it's not spiritually uplifting if it's very difficult to figure out. This song deals with a real problem facing us today, especially with so many broken homes. Instead of realizing their need, we are far quicker to judge them.

• Moderators

Can I rant a wee bit? I'm getting a little tired of seeing Casting Crowns promoted on this site -- I know it does not meet the Online Baptist standards. Can we please stick to sharing and discussing what is actually allowed here?
(Rant over now. :smile)

• Members

Should we not discuss anything that you don't agree with? Calvinism, re-baptism, pants on women, etc.? Some of us appreciate the contribution some conservative Christian CCM artists have made to Christian society. He didn't post any music. If someone here has a problem with the words simply because it came from a group they don't like, they're going way overboard, because there is nothing wrong with those lyrics.

• Moderators

You're right - there is nothing wrong with those lyrics. But the song is more than just lyrics. To discuss and promote this song which was written music, lyrics, and all by a CCM group whose music has already been disallowed by a mod seems... inappropriate.

I apologize if I'm going overboard in wishing such promotion to cease. I may not personally agree with this sort of CCM, however, I did not appeal to my own preferences when 'ranting,' but rather to the rules of the board - which I joined because I agreed with said rules! Am I interpreting those incorrectly?

May I disagree with one point you made above?

If someone here has a problem with the words simply because it came from a group they don't like, they're going way overboard, because there is nothing wrong with those lyrics.

It is not 'going overboard' to apply standards of separation. The words are good -- but they are associated with that which is not.