• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I posted a new Hymn Video at YouTube of the Hallelujah Chorus.  Any theological qualms?

Hallelujah!
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. 
And He shall reign forever and ever. 
The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our God, and of His Christ. 
King of kings and Lord of lords. 
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!!!

God bless all, and a happy Easter always to Easter people--
Chris R.

• Moderators

Well, theological qualms on Easter/Ishtar.  But I will wish you a blessed Resurrection Day. MAAYYYbe a happy Passover, since Jesus was the Passover Lamb of God.

Love the song, though-sang it in choirs so many times in my youth that I can sing it without music, now. Well, the bass part, anyways.

Edited by Ukulelemike
Spelling

• Members

Hi Alan.  youtube is at http://www.youtube.com, and you can find many, many versions of the Hallelujah Chorus posted, from "flash mob" choirs in malls to professional choirs with full orchestra.  I have played the trumpet part so many times I cannot count, and have had the pleasure of mentoring many high-school musicians over the years as they tried their first performance on second part, moving up to share the first part, and finally taking the reins themselves.  One was eventually a lead soloist in a major college.  He played it well!

When I was young, my band director had a poster on the wall which said, "The end of the world has been postponed due to lack of qualified trumpeters."  That theological message is all wrong, but some of these kids were doing their part to close the gap!

Happy Easter (I just couldn't wait to say it!)
Chris R.

• Members

I'm pretty sure he was asking for the link of the video you said you posted, not a link to youtube itself. ;)  There are so many versions of this song out there, that by just typing 'Hallelujah Chorus' into the youtube search box would bring up thousands of videos. We'd like to hear yours, so a link would be appreciated. :D 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

My favorite recorded version of this is the 1993 issue of a 1966 performance of the complete oratorio by Sir Colin Davis conducting the London Symphony Orchestra and Choir. This two-CD set was issued by Philips (#438 356-2). Not sure if it's currently available any more.

• Members

Thank you very much for directing us the performance of Handel's Messiah by conducter Sir Colin Davis and the London Symphony Orchestra. At the beignning of the performance there is a 2-3 minute introduction and interview of Sir Davis that took place at the location where Handel composed the Messiah. It was a very good interview that gives praise to God and His leadership.