• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Broken Functions

• Members

I love the new look to the site but 2 issues are causing me a lot of frustration. First, every time I go to the site I am not logged in. I tell it to remember me but even if I open a new tab and go to the site I am logged out again. This was never a problem before. Also, when logging in using the top right corner where it says Sign In it never takes my username and password the first time. I have to enter the information again at a second screen which points at http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/login/

The second issue is that New Content doesn't show new content 9 times out of 10. If I manually browse the forums I see that there is indeed new content. So this appears to be bugged. New posts are how I normally use this site. If it doesn't work properly then it just discourages me from visiting the site. I don't have time to manually browse posts. Thanks for the site. Hope you are able to clean up the bugs.

• Administrators

1) Clearing out your old cookies should fix the login problem you are having.

2) When viewing new content, make sure that the filters on the left are set the way you would like to view new content.

• Members

I selected 'Independent Fundamental Baptist' again just now and it still doesn't show up by my Avatar instead it has 'Advanced Member' 

I am able to access the area and leave a comment to a post, but I didn't try to make a new post in the IFB area.

• Members

1) Clearing out your old cookies should fix the login problem you are having.

2) When viewing new content, make sure that the filters on the left are set the way you would like to view new content.

​1) Didn't seem to help. I even tried IE. It worked the first time in IE but then when I came back I was no longer logged in and the first login failed.

2) Since last visit doesn't seem to show anything. If I do All then it works...

• Administrators

I selected 'Independent Fundamental Baptist' again just now and it still doesn't show up by my Avatar instead it has 'Advanced Member'

I am able to access the area and leave a comment to a post, but I didn't try to make a new post in the IFB area.

​I am seeing the change. Here is a copy and paste of what I see.

Independent Fundamental
 Baptist

• Administrators

​Yep, I can see it now myself. It's good to be a 'funnymental' Baptist again.

​Sometimes what happened to you can be fixed by refreshing the page. Many times when you make some changes your browser still "remembers" the page as it was. Refreshing the page fizes this.

• Members

Here's a new one...

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

This message greeted me when I opened OB just moments ago. I can link to some of the more recent stories but when I select 'New Content' I get the error screen. Still a few bugs I suppose we'll need to call the exterminator. Do we have Orkin or Terminex?

Quick update 'New Content' works now but clicking 'Forums' gives the error.

• Members

The last two days when I'm in the New Content section and click on "Home" I get an error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

When I click on "Home" from that screen, it then takes me to the home page.