• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

​I will not go into that.

The Great White Throne.

11 ¶  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We were taught that Christians are not included here.  However let us look at what it actually says, rather than what we are taught it says.

The dead, great and small will appear before God.  The books would be opened, I believe this is the judgment of works which Paul mentions. And another book, the book of life will be opened and those whose names were not in the book would be cast into the lake of fire.  And the others, those  whose names ARE in the book of life?  The way it is put presupposes that there those whose names ARE in the book of life.  Also if Christians are taken out of the way, there would be no need to open the book of life to see who was not saved.

​I agree with you, Christians are mentioned there, i think this is when we get saved. Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

• Members

Da 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

• Members

Mt 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.<<< This is the REAL Exodus

Lu 9:31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

decease = exodos

Strong's Greek Dictionary
1841. exodos
Search for G1841 in KJVSL exodoV exodos ex'-od-os

from 1537 and 3598; an exit, i.e. (figuratively) death:--decease, departing.

See Greek 1537
See Greek 3598

• Members

Brethren,

We have previously studied the reason why the Book of Life was opened at the Great White Throne of Judgment in our Revelation 20:4-6 and Revelation 20:11-15 studies. Here is the link below for both studies.

I think it would be best to review these two sudies before we continue on with the current vein of thought.

• Members

​I will not go into that.

The Great White Throne.

11 ¶  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We were taught that Christians are not included here.  However let us look at what it actually says, rather than what we are taught it says.

The dead, great and small will appear before God.  The books would be opened, I believe this is the judgment of works which Paul mentions. And another book, the book of life will be opened and those whose names were not in the book would be cast into the lake of fire.  And the others, those  whose names ARE in the book of life?  The way it is put presupposes that there those whose names ARE in the book of life.  Also if Christians are taken out of the way, there would be no need to open the book of life to see who was not saved.

​Amen! Good point Invicta. (not just the highlighted and underlined words either!)

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

Brethren,

If you have closely read my previous posts you would have discovered what the scriptures state and how the Christians in the Church Age have received their rewards before Revelation chapter 5.

Invicta, your statement, "We were taught that Christians are not included here.  However let us look at what it actually says, rather than what we are taught it says." is not a correct statement.

I clearly taught what the scriptures clearly teach; that Christians received their rewards before Revelation 5. Therefore, to say that  statement is a man's belief and not the scriptures is trying to spread deceit and an effort to stop the clear teaching of scripture on this thread. It is obvious that you are trying to deceive the other readers of this lesson by implying what I taught was a man-made doctrine. Also, I do not appreciate you, Old-Pilgrim, and Genevanpreacher, spreading that falsehood.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Beloved Brethren,

I want to thank you for the encourageing likes throughout the study on Revelation chapter 19-22 thus far.

Unless there are new questions, or comments, from new viewers, or others who have not commented for awhile, I will be uploading the next lesson on Revelation 22: 14 & 15, "The Tree of Life," in two days. So, any last questions or comments on this lesson?

Alan

• Members

It has not been the easiest study as there are a lot of incorrect interpretations of the Book of Revelation. The only correct method of interpretation is the literal, pre-tibulation Rapture,  pre-Millinalist, and the literal 1000 Year of the Lord Jesus interpretation. The teachers of the incorrect interpretations of the Book of Revelation has caused many saints to fail to understand the correct prophetic nature of the Book of Revelation, is the cause of dissension among good brethren, has hindered many saints from finding true joy in studying the Book of Revelation, and has somewhat hindered some of the brethren commenting on this study. 

I am very thankful for you, and for the numerous others following this study on Revelation, for your support. It is my sincere hope and prayer that this study will be a blessing to all of those who anxiously await the soon return of the Lord Jesus.

In brotherly love,

Alan

​I was invited to  speak at a ladies' Bible study - about a dozen mainly Indian ladies. 

Revelation 1 – June 12, 2015

When we hear the news, or read reports from Christians, we read about persecution. Christians driven from their homes, suffering prison & death by mobs or even by the state.

I want to look at this prophecy as a special word for its readers – for us. Jesus promises special blessings for those who read, hear & keep what is written. That applies to Christians in every generation & every country.

You have probably heard preachers on TV & radio telling you about future end times, rapture, great tribulation, antichrist, etc. You may have seen the “Left Behind” films. If that's true, there's no blessing in reading Revelation – it's all written for another time. I don't accept that teaching. It is religious fiction. Lets read what the Word of God says.

The opening verses tell us that the prophecy concerns the situation in the world at the time of writing - must shortly come to pass - the time is at hand.

Listen again:

1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

I understand that John had his visions & wrote the Revelation during the time of the Roman Emperor Nero – about 66 AD. That was 4 years before Jerusalem & the temple were destroyed by the Roman armies as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew 24. It was a time of great persecution of Christians both by the Romans & by the Jewish leaders.

In v. 9 John writes of himself as: your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ. This isn't future “end times.” It was at the time of writing.

The book & the letters are addressed to seven churches, but the blessings & the warnings are for all the readers. Seven times in chapters 2 & 3 we read:  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

What are the promised blessings for us, as we read these words?

V. 4-6  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

John lists the blessings - grace, peace, love, washing from sins – all the promises of full salvation through Jesus' blood. Do we know that salvation? It is freely given when we turn from our sins & come to Jesus seeking forgiveness.

We then have the grace of God that welcomes us as children of God.

We have peace with a holy God. It is a peace that rests on him, that trouble & suffering in this life cannot take away. So many people live as enemies of God and reject the forgiveness he offers freely through Jesus' blood. They continue living as sinners. They do not know his love.

We feel his love, the love of God who so loved the world that he gave his Son for our salvation.

We are washed from our sins, so that God sees us as righteous. Because of Jesus, we are even now fit to enter heaven. Our life becomes a walk with God, as a Saviour & Friend. We do not live in fear, as if every sin puts us in danger. We are forgiven & cleansed from our sins. Our baptism as believers in Jesus is a sign of that perfect cleansing.

Further we have the wonderful status as kings and priests unto Jesus' God and Father. That is the perfect fulfilment of the promises to Israel. Exodus 19:6. We are on the winning side in all the troubles we face, even though we suffer & die.

Jesus, our great high priest, is our sacrifice for all our sins. Our priestly duty is to offer our service & our lives to him.

The book of Revelation has many wonderful visions of Jesus & his Father in heavenly glory. We read the first one in the first chapter.

The book of Revelation is also full of all sorts of troubles, as believers face the opposition of the forces of spiritual wickedness.

Persecution by the Jews was followed by persecution by the Roman Empire.

When Christianity became the official religion of the Empire & supposedly everyone became “Christian,” true Gospel Christians suffered at the hands of the Roman Catholic Church & the Greek Orthodox Church.

Then the Muslims persecuted all those with Christian beliefs - & they still do.

Through all this persecution believers have the promise of Jesus in Rev. 2:10b be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

We have the promise that we will be with Jesus in glory. John has a vision of heavenly praise in Rev. 5:

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

At the end of time, Jesus will come again & we will be with him in a wonderful New Heaven & New Earth. Rev. 21.

Amen.

• Members

I had about 10 minutes available. It was well received. They know the persecution of their home countries, & some of non-Christian families. 

Afterwards, one of the ladies introduced herself as the mother of the new husband of a young lady in our fellowship - still away on honeymoon. Sadly that was an RC/baptist wedding, but happily his mother was now coming for Bible teaching. 

• Members

Brethren,

If you have closely read my previous posts you would have discovered what the scriptures state and how the Christians in the Church Age have received their rewards before Revelation chapter 5.

Invicta, your statement, "We were taught that Christians are not included here.  However let us look at what it actually says, rather than what we are taught it says." is not a correct statement.

I clearly taught what the scriptures clearly teach; that Christians received their rewards before Revelation 5. Therefore, to say that  statement is a man's belief and not the scriptures is trying to spread deceit and an effort to stop the clear teaching of scripture on this thread. It is obvious that you are trying to deceive the other readers of this lesson by implying what I taught was a man-made doctrine. Also, I do not appreciate you, Old-Pilgrim, and Genevanpreacher, spreading that falsehood.

​I am sorry Alan, I was posting from a reading of the scripture.

• Members

Doc Flay,

You are correct. :th_tiphat:At the Judgment Seat of Christ no Christian will be judged as far salvation is concerned. Every person who decides to get saved is eternally saved; justified, made righteous, forgiven, and passed from condemnation Romans 8:1, 28-39

We will only be judged by what we did after salvation for rewards; eternal rewards: 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 The Apostle Paul clearly taught, "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:14 and 15

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Special Notice to our Viewers and New members of OnLine Baptist

Beloved Brethren,

"Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Proverbs 24:3 and 4. The Lord Jesus gave us His Revelation of the future events of the world, as recorded in the Book of Revelation, to give the saint, "precious and pleasant riches" in the chambers of our heart and life.

I am very thankful for the large number of individuals who have been viewing without commenting, and members of OnLine Baptist who joined after we started this study, and have not had the opportunity to ask questions, or comment, or have been hesitant to discuss for other reasons, on previous lessons, but, would like to do so.

I would like to give an opportunity for those who have not commented, or discussed, or asked for clarification, on any passage in our study of Revelation chapter 19-22 at this time.  This study is to help the saint obtain knowledge of future events and clarlfy passages not understood due to any reason.

In Christ,

Alan