• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

They have one job

• Members

I just mixed a can of tuna with some mayo and mustard, and spread it on crackers. Does that count as cooking?

Tomorrow, I plan to master cold cereal. I found a recipie online.

No.....

Cooking needs to involve food,  not tuna......... :lol:

• Moderators

Cooking is a matter of economics, my wife can cook - I cannot. When she cooks it involves less money, more mess and our kitchen. When I cook it involves more money, less mess and the restaurant's kitchen.

• Members

Cooking is a matter of economics, my wife can cook - I cannot. When she cooks it involves less money, more mess and our kitchen. When I cook it involves more money, less mess and the restaurant's kitchen.

​Yep...if my wife cooks...its time to clean the stove top. I'm a fair cook and give me a recipe and I'm better than good. 

• Members

Cooking takes time and attention from my perspective. But, with my wife its a spur of the moment, 20 minutes or less, and you can be sure some part has some blackening on it (where it shouldn't).

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Moderators

ACtually, I was single for ten years, and am quite able to cook. I have even prepared fancy home meals, without boxes or cans, to dine young ladies at home for a date. I once prepared kaluha pork without having to dig a hole, for the whole church-20 pounds of fall-off-the-bone piggy goodness! We had a Hawaiian Sunday once-since I play the ukulele, it seemed natural. Even had someone do the "Lord's Prayer" in Hawaiian, the repeat it in English, accroding to proper use of tongues in the church, per Paul.  Yes, I used to be into the gimmicky-Sundays.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I was raised on the farm and helping in the kitchen was a chore  when I left home at 18 I knew enough to take care of myself good, when my wife and I got married she knew how to cook pretty good but not country cooking over the years I've shared a lot of what I learned with her, I bought her the Kitchen wood stove that had belonged to my aunt it took some time to learn to use it she thought she would burn the house down at first  but when she did it was pure country cooking, we still have it and use it now and then but not to much in the summer. 

My wife has been a stay at home Mother with all 6 of our children and has taught our two daughters how to cook she wouldn't have it any other way , our sons are pretty good cooks as well thanks to their Mom. 

I cook outdoors I don't use the regular store bought grills I have two fire pits and a smoker I cook in year round

God Bless Brother Larry    

Edited by EKSmith