• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thoughts on the New Format

• Administrators

Formatting options are severely limited - 

• No colour - essential when answering a post within a quote to separate quote from reply -  Still there. See........... In the editor it is the letter A that is underlined.
  • No indent - useful when quoting Scripture to separate Scripture from comments I'm sure I can add that to the editor.
  • No photo option - The photo the button at the bottom that says "Insert other media."
  • No preview - I use the preview for long replies, as the reply then scrolls keeping the formatting in view. Now the formatting goes way off the page. With this editor, most of the preview is now done when typing your post, there is no need for a "preview" any more because most of it is done live now.

It would be useful to be able to upload audio files, such as sermons - the 0.11 MB limit allows a ONE minute sermon - I couldn't upload a .WAV file with 2 verses of a hymn. - We do have limited disk space, so that is why the upload is low. I may look at using a third party service to accomplish this.

• Administrators

Every time I open a reply window I get a "period" in it that has to be deleted.

Very limited emoticons, most of the best ones are gone.

No games any more, will they be back?

​1) I do not get a period. What browser and what version browser are you using? I'll try and reproduce it.

2) All the Emotions are still there. You will need to click the categories drop-down in the Emotions. Right now they are all in there, I soon will be separating them into different categories.

3) Yes, games will be back. My estimated time frame is a few weeks for that.

• Administrators

​In the past, for a topic you participated in, it was highlighted in bold if you had not read new posts yet in that thread. Also, when trying to search for key words in all of the posts, often nothing comes up, whereas in the past, posts related to the keyword came up if you were interested in seeing if there were discussions in the past on a particular topic.

​In the New Content page, it is still highlighted bold if you have not read them. Make sure that your filter on the left is set properly. Can you give me an example of a search where nothing is coming up? I'll take a look.

• Administrators

An example of the search where nothing comes up - On the right hand of the screen, I have all content checked. If I enter words like baptism or Calvinism, it says 0 results found, and these subjects have been discussed in the past.

​I see what you are talking about. I'm on the process of rebuilding the search index. It could take up to two weeks to rebuilt it. Once done, the search results will be back to normal.

• Members

I'm using Firefox. I did just figure out why I couldn't see the sidebar. The other day when you first launched this everything fit on the screen on the home page, just as it does on this page, but for some reason the entire side bar is off screen on the home page unless I scroll over to see it.

• Administrators

​1) I do not get a period. What browser and what version browser are you using? I'll try and reproduce it.

2) All the Emotions are still there. You will need to click the categories drop-down in the Emotions. Right now they are all in there, I soon will be separating them into different categories.

3) Yes, games will be back. My estimated time frame is a few weeks for that.

​I use the old IE8 BroMatt. I'll look closer at the emoticons.

Ok, Looked at them just before I posted this reply. I see nothing but the core basic emoticons, none of the other neat ones like beating a dead horse and the great mod. one, stirring the pot???

• Administrators

:beatdeadhorse::stirthepot:

They are there. Click the Core basic emoticons and they should appear along with a niffy search box to find them easier. You will also notice that it will keep track of your most recent ones that you use for easier reference. See you will like this upgrade afterall. :) 

Edited by BroMatt

• Administrators
  • :runforhills:    Got them BroMatt, thanks. I clicked on the core emoticons before but perhaps didn't wait long enough for them to display.

And I will add that I think you can see the "period" I was talking about originally. I didn't delete it for this reply so you could see it. It is in front of the emoticon.