• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thoughts on the New Format

• Members

I know nothing stays the same. But I hate this format. I liked being able to see the top things being commented in and stuff I had participated in. I won't be getting on here much with this format. Took me the last 3 days just to be able to sign in. I know that was just a kink in a new system. 

• Administrators

@Miss Daisy Sorry you are having difficulties. Even with the last format that we used members had a hard time getting used to it as well. All the things you just mentioned are still available here, just located in different spots. You looking at viewing your content? That is available in a few locations with the most popular in New Content.

• Administrators

IN the days of not so long ago Bible quotes in the format Mat. 1:1 or Heb. 1:1-4 appeared when you put the cursor on them. Now they don't. You have to go & look them up. 

​Yes, that is a feature that will appear back in a few days. :)

• Members

​Can you expand on this so that I can see what I can do? As far as the formatting goes, that stayed the same, the styling changed.

​One I've noticed is when you click on the new content when the new threads with new posts in them show up the forum they are in isn't named next to them as it used to be. In the old format a person could click on one of the forums and go to it from there.

I don't know if it was a one time glitch or not, but yesterday when I went to the home page the button to click to go to new content was no longer there nor the forum button and it took some effort to get back to the forums.

• Administrators

@John81 Now the search searches across multiple databases and Apps so you will have to filter to just search forums. When in the view new content section, just click the Topics button and you will see the latest posts and the forums they were posted in.

• Members

​Can you expand on this so that I can see what I can do? As far as the formatting goes, that stayed the same, the styling changed.

​In the past, for a topic you participated in, it was highlighted in bold if you had not read new posts yet in that thread. Also, when trying to search for key words in all of the posts, often nothing comes up, whereas in the past, posts related to the keyword came up if you were interested in seeing if there were discussions in the past on a particular topic.

• Members

Formatting options are severely limited - 

• No colour - essential when answering a post within a quote to separate quote from reply
  • No indent - useful when quoting Scripture to separate Scripture from comments
  • No photo option 
  • No preview - I use the preview for long replies, as the reply then scrolls keeping the formatting in view. Now the formatting goes way off the page

It would be useful to be able to upload audio files, such as sermons - the 0.11 MB limit allows a ONE minute sermon - I couldn't upload a .WAV file with 2 verses of a hymn.

Just testing text - Gen. 1:1