Online Baptist Community

Thoughts on the New Format

Ukulelemike

• Moderators

Don't know about anyone else, bt not feeling it for the new format. Maybe I'm not picking it up, but I miss the easy listing of the most recent posts, and the threads I have posted to, which seems to be missing. It seems like there's more work and searchng to find what I want to post in and read.

BUt maybe its just me. Anyone else have thoughts on the format?

• Advanced Member

I had problems with a quote.  I wrote a reply one day must must have forgotten to submit it.  Next day I tried to post a different quote and I got both quotes, then after thinking I had deleted both quotes, I tried another and got all three quotes embedded.  Eventually I managed to delete all the quotes.  I wish to say thank you Bro Matt for all your hard work, but like the previous postsers, I preferred the old clear view.

David S.

• Administrators

Don't know about anyone else, bt not feeling it for the new format. Maybe I'm not picking it up, but I miss the easy listing of the most recent posts, and the threads I have posted to, which seems to be missing. It seems like there's more work and searchng to find what I want to post in and read.

BUt maybe its just me. Anyone else have thoughts on the format?

​The recent posts is actually easier now. Just click on the New content at the top and set the content you would like to view on the left. It will remember your settings for next time you view the new content. If you want to view your topics just set the content for your posts on the same page as view new content. It is all on one page.

If your looking for a different "flare" of that, you can use the activity stream http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/activity/

Thank you for the feed back.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Bro. Matt,

I tried to get onto the ladies forum, and although it asked for a password, it didn't give me time to type one in before a pop up said: "You do not have permission to view this content." I'm just wondering if this is a bug or if you're still working on that section. 

Otherwise, the new format is fine for me, just taking some getting used to. :)  

The photo is because I figured I'd do a test to see if I know how to insert them properly with the new format. ;)

Proverbs6v6lizard.jpg

:)

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

I find this easier to read but I have encountered a few issues.

It would be nice if the forum a thread is in still showed up next to the thread title. With the previous system like that it made it easier to go from one specific forum to another.

• Moderators

​The recent posts is actually easier now. Just click on the New content at the top and set the content you would like to view on the left. It will remember your settings for next time you view the new content. If you want to view your topics just set the content for your posts on the same page as view new content. It is all on one page.

If your looking for a different "flare" of that, you can use the activity stream http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/activity/

Thank you for the feed back.

​Thanks, Matt. Just after I posted this, I found the new content and recent feed, so, I jumped the gun. Still, thanks.

I know nothing stays the same. But I hate this format. I liked being able to see the top things being commented in and stuff I had participated in. I won't be getting on here much with this format. Took me the last 3 days just to be able to sign in. I know that was just a kink in a new system. 

• Administrators

@Miss Daisy Sorry you are having difficulties. Even with the last format that we used members had a hard time getting used to it as well. All the things you just mentioned are still available here, just located in different spots. You looking at viewing your content? That is available in a few locations with the most popular in New Content.