• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If today was election day...

Guest Guest

Who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • Baldwin/Castle
    • Other (please tell us in your post)
    • Not voting - Boycotting the election

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norris/Palin :thumb

BTW, Norris just got his degree from liberty University this year.

:amen: Absolutely! I love the sound...President, Charles Norris. WOW! Good for him. Congratulations, to Chuck Norris on his degree. With Norris as the next president we would then become the most feared nation in the world, again. LOL. With a Norris/Palin team...you just can't possibly go wrong. Did you see him verbally tear apart those liberals? Larry King was actually speechless, for once in his life!

Ephesians 6:10-11...Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. KJV 1611 AV.

• Administrators

tired - I understand your dilemma. My decision is much easier because my hubby made it for me! :Green But his reasoning (and he has prayed about it) is that we are actually voting against Obama. We aren't in favor of much of everything McCain has done, but he has done some good things (does anyone realize that, as a senator, he has never asked for earmarks in a bill? That is virtually unheard of...most senators bring home lots of specialized federal bacon!!). So, in the words of a friend of mine - we're going to plug our noses and vote for McCain.

RE: Church Norris: did you know he just came out with a new book? Black Belt Patriotism. He spells out a lot of issues and how they should be handled...including illegal immigration. That's one book I'd like to read!!

• Members
tired - I understand your dilemma. My decision is much easier because my hubby made it for me! :Green But his reasoning (and he has prayed about it) is that we are actually voting against Obama. We aren't in favor of much of everything McCain has done, but he has done some good things (does anyone realize that, as a senator, he has never asked for earmarks in a bill? That is virtually unheard of...most senators bring home lots of specialized federal bacon!!). So, in the words of a friend of mine - we're going to plug our noses and vote for McCain.

RE: Church Norris: did you know he just came out with a new book? Black Belt Patriotism. He spells out a lot of issues and how they should be handled...including illegal immigration. That's one book I'd like to read!!

I have a sensitive question and not sure how to ask it. I guess the best way to ask it is just to come out with it...............

I've heard two or three people (not just this quoted source) refer to the fact that a wife should vote the way her husband tells her. Does the poster actually believe that in order to be in Biblical obedience that the wife must vote the way her husband tells her? Or, were these posters referring to voting for the candidate the husband recommends because the wife herself just doesn't keep up with politics and is not informed and in order to "double" their voting impact she will vote for the husband's pick?

• Members

They are saying if the husband feels a certain candidate is the best choice, then the wife should follow that decision.

I suppose if the husband says "Honey, vote for whoever you want" then they can, but most husbands will want their wives to vote like them, after talking it over of course. And that is part of being a good wife.

Larry King mentioned Chuck Norris' book...Black Belt Patriotism on his show the other night. I really don't like Larry King, at all...but, he gets some real great guests on his show. Norris is so awesome. :thumb I will definetly read his book!

• Members
They are saying if the husband feels a certain candidate is the best choice, then the wife should follow that decision.

I suppose if the husband says "Honey, vote for whoever you want" then they can, but most husbands will want their wives to vote like them, after talking it over of course. And that is part of being a good wife.

Wow, that just boggles my mind. I've never read in the Bible (nor even heard until this board) that part of the duties of a good wife is to vote the way her husband tells her.

Does that mean that the man doesn't think his wife is smart enough to handle this decision on her own? Does this mean that the husband should control everything about and in his wife's life? Does that mean that those who hold to this thought would want women to go back to not having the right to vote? How did this type of thinking originate back to the Scriptures (any references)?

Wow, that just boggles my mind. I've never read in the Bible (nor even heard until this board) that part of the duties of a good wife is to vote the way her husband tells her.

Does that mean that the man doesn't think his wife is smart enough to handle this decision on her own? Does this mean that the husband should control everything about and in his wife's life? Does that mean that those who hold to this thought would want women to go back to not having the right to vote? How did this type of thinking originate back to the Scriptures (any references)?

If a man wants to let his wife vote differently, that's his choice.

You might want to check this verse out, though. It's not wrong for a man to want his wife to vote the same as he does.

Titus 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

• Members

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I Corinthians 14:34

• Administrators

I have a sensitive question and not sure how to ask it. I guess the best way to ask it is just to come out with it...............

I've heard two or three people (not just this quoted source) refer to the fact that a wife should vote the way her husband tells her. Does the poster actually believe that in order to be in Biblical obedience that the wife must vote the way her husband tells her? Or, were these posters referring to voting for the candidate the husband recommends because the wife herself just doesn't keep up with politics and is not informed and in order to "double" their voting impact she will vote for the husband's pick?

I can't answer for other ladies, but this is my reasoning...

First off, let me say that I am very politically aware. I was reared in a very politically knowledgeable family. Big time John Birchers (my grandpa was a charter member on the west coast).

When my hubby and I got married, I made the decision to support him in any way that I could. My job as his help mate is to help him, support him and strengthen his position when I can. One of the ways that I chose to do this was in politics.

I either vote in accordance with my husband, or, if it were extreme enough (like if he was going to vote for Obama), I would ask him to allow me to opt out of voting. The reason that I will always vote with my husband is that I believe if I vote against him I am cancelling his vote. And, to me, that is not what a supportive wife should do. The reason I would ask him to allow me to opt out is that I have placed myself under his authority even on political matters, and would need to be sure he approved my not voting.

My husband has never required this of me. But he has appreciated it every time we've voted. We've discussed the issues, prayed, and decisions have been made. It really helps that we agree on just about everything! :Green However, we didn't agree in the primaries, but I voted the way he did anyway.

That said, I am not saying that I think it's a sin if a woman votes contrary to her husband. I do think it's sad if that happens. Marriage should be a blending of two - even when it comes to politics. And I think it's the wiser action if the wife submits even politically.

trc - I do think this country would be better off if women never got the vote. But we did...and so we should, as citizens excercise that right. Do I think that the husband should control every aspect of the wife's life? No. But the wife should be willing to allow it if she's going to have the right submissive spirit. A good husband, though, will not be caveman-ish (sorry, I know it's not a word, but I think it gets the point across). My husband doesn't control every jot and tittle because he knows he can trust me. And I trust him.

As I said, we discuss politics. We pray about it. And we usually come to the same conclusion. When we don't, I defer to him as my leader. And I'm happy doing it. Again - if other women don't feel that way, and their husbands have no problem with it, that's fine. But be careful of being too incredulous. Wifely submission and husband's leadership has many facets to it.

Actually, I am kinda curious about scriptural references, too. When I was growing up, my mom always voted the way my dad voted...but, I thought it was b/c they agreed on most everything. Having gone to a very "strict" IFB church to start...I don't remember my former pastor talking about this---unless it flew over my head. I haven't heard my current IFB pastor talk about this, either. I am voting for McCain/Palin (hubby, too) b/c of the strong convictions that McCain has come forward with. Prior to that, however, I was going to cast my vote for either Chuck Baldwin or Ron Paul.

BTW, the only concern my hubby had with a vote for Baldwin or Paul on my part was that it would cast the vote for Obama. He didn't want that. Nor do I...and, I now feel given the new information on McCain...I can vote a "clear" conscience for John McCain.

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ' date=' so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

This scripture verse stands out the most.

I Corinthians 14:34

• Members

I guess it depends on if the women act like women...then men often react in kind.

LOL I didn't make up those verses, God put them in there!!!! We in America are just so seethed in "equality" that we can't comprehend women actually allowing men to have ALL the "say so" (and this context is church).

God says "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord...." That is foreign to us today! Sadly, its often even foreign to me! But I need to work on it. Not the lord part, necessarily, but the obedience... just in everyday matters.