• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If today was election day...

Guest Guest

Who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • Baldwin/Castle
    • Other (please tell us in your post)
    • Not voting - Boycotting the election

I guess it depends on if the women act like women...then men often react in kind.

LOL I didn't make up those verses, God put them in there!!!! We in America are just so seethed in "equality" that we can't comprehend women actually allowing men to have ALL the "say so" (and this context is church).

God says "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord...." That is foreign to us today! Sadly, its often even foreign to me! But I need to work on it. Not the lord part, necessarily, but the obedience... just in everyday matters.

You're right... it's hard for us modern women to be as obedient and submissive as we should be. It's because we're so used to the idea of women being capable of fulfilling the same roles as men.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on if the women act like women...then men often react in kind.

My SIL is half-Korean. She is the most ladylike woman that I have ever met. My BIL (and everyone that knows him says this) needs to get his act together. He is backslidden and all she does is make excuses for his miserable behavior. Also, another sister in Christ is half-Japanese and her husband NEVER goes to church and actually "brags" about NOT being saved. Both of these young ladies are extremely polite, caring, kind, good wives and mothers...I just don't understand this mentality with their hubbys' actions. And, I am NOT proud to say that one of them is my hubby's younger brother. These are just 2 examples...I know many women in my IFB church "doing it alone spiritually". My heart aches for them. They are good women.

• Members

My SIL is half-Korean. She is the most ladylike woman that I have ever met. My BIL (and everyone that knows him says this) needs to get his act together. He is backslidden and all she does is make excuses for his miserable behavior. Also, another sister in Christ is half-Japanese and her husband NEVER goes to church and actually "brags" about NOT being saved. Both of these young ladies are extremely polite, caring, kind, good wives and mothers...I just don't understand this mentality with their hubbys' actions. And, I am NOT proud to say that one of them is my hubby's younger brother. These are just 2 examples...I know many women in my IFB church "doing it alone spiritually". My heart aches for them. They are good women.

I guess I meant as a culture, not in individual cases. I was guessing that possibly european women are more "feminine" than American women...?

• Members

Thank you for the Scripture references and your thoughtful discussion.

As far as I know, my wife and I have always voted the same way. That is not because I've required it of her, but rather we've been married for more than 29 years and we basically think and believe very similarly. For sure, there are things we see differently and I celebrate that as I can definitely learn from her and have learned to trust her advice and counsel. Women and men are certainly different and we do believe that God has made us to fulfill different roles and responsibilities within our marriage.

Will she always defer to me in decision making and charting our families course? Yes......if I were to require that; but with that said, I just don't think about husband and wife relations in that whole "hierarchy" way of thinking. I've always thought that if I as the husband am the head as Christ is the head then I'm to lead, love, respect, listen, comfort, lift up and basically treat her in a manner consistent with how the Lord Jesus Christ does those things in my life.

As far as voting goes; to me that's hands off for me and I would never insult my wife and her intelligence by demanding she think the same as I. After all, with a secret ballot one can vote any way they like and no other person knows the difference................

Peace! TRC

I would guess that Asian women are the most feminine out there' date=' which is why a lot of Americans and other westerners are marrying Asians. A lot of guys might be satisfied with a take-control and stubborn woman, but most guys would love to have a truly feminine wife.[/quote']

Oh... so THAT's why you want to marry a Korean woman, huh? :Bleh Finally the truth comes out.... American women aren't feminine enough for Kevin. :lol:

• Members
I would guess that Asian women are the most feminine out there' date=' which is why a lot of Americans and other westerners are marrying Asians. A lot of guys might be satisfied with a take-control and stubborn woman, but most guys would love to have a truly feminine wife.[/quote']

Too funny.......I laugh because I lived in the Orient for almost 3 years and just couldn't see what the military guys saw in the "Asian" women. I never did understand the GIs who wanted to have a door mat for a wife (and that's plain and simple what many of them wanted).

My wife is pure woman, very feminine and a complete person. If anything happens to me tomorrow and the Lord takes me out of here; I'm totally confident that my wife has every skill necessary to carry on and be the matriarch of our family.

P.S. Many, many, many an American guy got snookered by those "feminine Asian" women. Once they got the US citizenship it was "so, sorry GI....see ya later." Not all, but many! Perhaps it is not that way today; but it was almost 30 years ago.

• Members

Oh good grief....

In one thread we have a discussion about somebody's grammar issues...and in this one we are looking at photos of Kevin's dream girl.

*sigh*

I'm off to work on a wedding cake. Much more constructive!

• Members

I tell you one thing, kevin.

I have always loved redhaired

just about all my good friends are redhaired. (about 6 or 7 of them)

my first exbf (more of a teenage crush because we only held hands and hugs) was redhaired. BTW, he is a friend of family today.

and guess what, I married a redhaired today (after I've broken up with a blond haired)

I knew who I was attracted to, and that's who I married.

And strange thing was that I wasn't even looking for a redhaired. He imed me on AOL asking about my profile.. At the time I didn't care what he looked like, because I really liked him. I didn't know he was a redhaired til much later.