• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kent Hovind

Guest Guest

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
You seriously got called a nazi? That's horrible!

Sorry, should clarify: I've never had anyone call me a nazi to my face, Christian or non-Christian. But discussions about evolution in Christian circles often quickly gravitate towards famous nazis who believed in evolution and the link between the theory of evolution and eugenics.

Of course, there's no problem with bringing any of this up in a discussion about history (because some of it is certainly true) or a debate about how science in general influences society. But there can only be one reason to make this link in Christian aplologetics and that is to imply that if you believe in evolution you are 'one of them'. It makes for a powerful emotional argument. My ex-girlfriend certainly used it on me.

• Members

It just mean you have a good heart if it affected you emotionally and don't want to be compare to a nazi because you believe in evolution. Hardly anyone like eugenics (except the sicko).

No belief systems is above the other because we are all sinners.God is the above them all. Atheists (except a fews) right now believe they are morally right compare to people who believe in a god. But they are in the minority so there's no nutcases in their group yet. But as they grow more and more in populations, ratio of people who are mentally ill in their group will get higher. Some will kill in the name of Atheists. That's why I tell people not judge christians because of a few mentally ill people. It might just bite them back.

• Members

I believe in evolution and I certainly don't think everyone who doesn't share my belief is a moron! I have been told I'm a moron/fool/blind/belial/infidel/nazi for holding these beliefs by a few Christians over the years, however, so "we're" not the only ones name-calling. :frog

Do you not know what the word "generally" means? Here's a hint: It doesn't mean always.

• Members
It just mean you have a good heart if it affected you emotionally and don't want to be compare to a nazi because you believe in evolution. Hardly anyone like eugenics (except the sicko).

No belief systems is above the other because we are all sinners.God is the above them all. Atheists (except a fews) right now believe they are morally right compare to people who believe in a god. But they are in the minority so there's no nutcases in their group yet. But as they grow more and more in populations, ratio of people who are mentally ill in their group will get higher. Some will kill in the name of Atheists. That's why I tell people not judge christians because of a few mentally ill people. It might just bite them back.

Thanks for your thoughts, Psalm18_28. Mind you, I never said I wasn't a nutcase. ;-)

• Members

I guess I should be more clearer. I didn't think it was right for them to relate evolutionist to a Nazi when just about every religion have their share of violence and terrorism. But I don't think Atheists (not you, just in general) should be boasting (sp?) either: pride come before the fall.

Wow... already with the name-calling and generalizing. Is this an imitation of the attitude of Christ?

This is another thing I see Kent Hovind use in his arguments to justify his position. He blows some things out of proportion or uses the argument I like to call "guilty by association." So that just because one part of this view-point is wrong/evil it ALL must be! That argument is so old and extremely flawed. Just because most Nazis in WW2 were evolutionists doesn't make all evolutionists nazis, that'd be an extremely ignorant and childish argument, which I've seen Kent Hovind try to imply such a thing... I've seen plenty of open-minded, extremely intelligent, conservative evolutionists.

• Members

[quote="Mr.Dude"]Wow... already with the name-calling and generalizing. Is this an imitation of the attitude of Christ?

This is another thing I see Kent Hovind use in his arguments to justify his position. He blows some things out of proportion or uses the argument I like to call "guilty by association." So that just because one part of this view-point is wrong/evil it ALL must be! That argument is so old and extremely flawed. [u]Just because most Nazis in WW2 were evolutionists doesn't make all evolutionists nazis, [/u]that'd be an extremely ignorant and childish argument, which I've seen Kent Hovind try to imply such a thing... I've seen plenty of open-minded, extremely intelligent, conservative evolutionists.[/quote]

That's what I've been trying to say.

• Members

And Aliman. , you are not a nutcase. I was referring to people who kills or want to kill.

please forgive me, I didn't mean to make you feel like one.and when I mentioned boastful, I thinking of the Athiests i dealt with in the past who were much harsher and say faith in God are bad because look how much they killed. They were boasting about how perfect their belief is.

• Members
And Aliman. ' date=' you are not a nutcase. I was referring to people who kills or want to kill. please forgive me, I didn't mean to make you feel like one.and when I mentioned boastful, I thinking of the Athiests i dealt with in the past who were much harsher and say faith in God are bad because look how much they killed. They were boasting about how perfect their belief is.[/quote']
Calm down, Psalm18_28! I'm not offended at all--no need to apologise. You said that there weren't many atheist nutcases about at the moment so I made a joke and said that I was one, that was all. I think we've actually agreed with each other on this thread--have a look through the posts again and you'll see.

I agree with what you've said about atheists being boastful about their religion--yes it is nonsense and the track record of secular nations is no better than that for 'religious' ones (though I think most nations have been secular, even though some have pretended to be motivated by serving God). I actually think you have been a bit too kind--there are loads of atheist nutcases.

You're one of the top people on here, so you'll never offend me! :wave: