• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Romney's Out, Who Is In?

• Administrators

Actually, Ted did not come out in favor of having a Muslim POTUS. That is absolutely NOT what he said, and his further comments later are proof of that. He was completely correct when he said that the Constitution forbids having a religious test for POTUS. That means that we don't use that as a litmus test and say, "No, you can't run." But that doesn't mean the American people can't vote against one. Cruz did not support the idea of a Muslim POTUS. He supported the Constitution.

The day after Carson made his comment, he furthered clarified. Something he constantly does. He supported bans on certain types of weapons...until he began the run for POTUS, then he "clarified" what he meant.  He said vaccinations should be mandatory and a different time said people should not be allowed exemptions for vaccinations for religious or philosophical reasons (now, not to get into a vaccine discussion, my point is that making vaccination mandatory is an expansion of governmental "authority" and control). But after he began his run, and people were coming out against his vaccine statements, he explained what he "really" meant. 

I'm tired of politicians (and Carson is one, regardless of his "outsider" status) who make statements and then backpedal, or who've had certain policies or beliefs for years and then all-of-a-sudden change their minds. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people changing and growing. But when it's a sudden change and it's accompanied by excuses rather than admitting having been wrong about something, I don't trust it. That is why I don't trust Carson or Trump. I trust, rather, the man who admits that he was wrong or mistaken about something (example would be Cruz admitting he was mistaken about John Roberts during the debate...no excuses, just an admission of having been wrong). 

Bush was the establishment first choice. He may be bowing out soon, though, because his campaign is hurting. Fiorina and Rubio are, IMO, the next choices of the establishment. Paul has lost a lot of support because of his aligning with the establishment (beginning with his endorsement of McConnell during the primary over the constitutional opponent [who later became governor of KY, so I'm thinking he'd have had no problem winning the general] and continuing  on to other issues). Trump has seemingly blamed 9/11 on W (he didn't really, but he did say over and over that it happened on W's watch [he used the word "reign" once, which tells me a lot about his view of what he expects if he gets in...] which is true, but students of history know that it was not due to W but rather policies from past administrations) and that could potentially hurt him. I don't think Trump is going to get the nomination, and I certainly hope not.

Cruz is not perfect, but he is the best one running. A constitutionalist is what we need in there. A Christian one is icing on the cake.

Edited by HappyChristian

• Administrators

Just an FWIW article. It could be that Carson will be the establishment pick.

http://www.lifefaithpolitics.com/ted-cruz-vs-ben-carson-where-they-stand-on-guns-abortion-immigration-parental-rights-and-more/

(I realize that some members here favor Carson. I am not trying to start an argument. I may be, as I've been accused of before, nitpicking, but I'd rather nitpick and have a constitutionalist win than just accept the status quo. We are completely on board for Ted Cruz. If he does not win the nomination, we will likely hold our noses and vote anyway...depending on who is the nominee.)