• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

‘Hip’ Church Gives Biblical Christians New Label: ‘Hater’

RSS Robot

• Members

By Jim Fletcher WorldNetDaily Commentary Writer < img src="'>"border="0" height="1" width="1" alt="Quantcast"/>< /div> Oddly, within American evangelicalism and media circles, a concept and term have emerged that place conservative Christians on the outside, in effect, becoming “other.” And we all know what happens when a group is labeled “other” (see Jews, World War II). […]

View the full article

• Members

Those Christians who have tried to live biblically have long and often been denounced and persecuted, even by other Christians (both secular and actual).

The popular Christianity in America today is the non-judgmental, human rights focused, social gospel centered type. These Christians demand a Christianity where God isn't judging them by the things they don't want to be judged on, yet they declare God is judging those who don't agree with their religious, political and social views and agendas.

These are the Christians ready to accept women pastors, open homosexuals, even open homosexual pastors, convenient to them definitions of love and family, sexual freedom, feminism and such. They see themselves as above actual Bible believing Christians because they consider themselves to be more enlightened, tolerant and caring. After all, they accept open homosexuals as normal and even wonderful; they promote he welfare state in the name of helping the poor, they believe they can make the world a better place through their own efforts and then all those they've helped will somehow become Christians or otherwise be "right with God" in some universal sense.

Meanwhile they denounce Bible believing Christians as haters, judgmental, intolerant and uncaring for declaring the biblical truth that Christ is the ONLY means of salvation and those who are not born again in Christ will be cast into hell...for declaring there is such a thing as sin and such must be turned from, even those things some people don't want to admit are sins (such as homosexuality, premarital sex, shacking up, etc.)...and because we point out the biblical command to help the poor is given to individual Christians, not to governments.

Our biggest enemy, and the greatest tool against us by others, will be secular and biblically ignorant Christians who will target us while believing they are serving God by doing so.

• Moderators

That must be it. Thanks! Man, couldn;t get all the way through. I have to repent and admit that, listening to this guy, I kind of want to, well, punch him in his smug, whiney, self-righteous, immature, carnal face. Yeah, this is the face of much of what is called christianity. If someone sees something wrong with their carnal ays, well, get outta the way, old-timer, its OUR time now!  He said "a new light has dawned". A new light? What's wrong with the old light? It hasn't dimmed. But the Bible only mentions one other light. that Satan is transformed into an angel of light. He might need to have his lights checked.

• Moderators

Seriously, am I alone in this? Am I the only one here who wants to smack him? I mean, I am not the least bit of a violent person, not a violent bone in  my body, but something about the way he speaks and stands and acts just brings up a huge, carnal desire to knock him out, and that scares me, honestly, because it isn't me.

• Administrators

Well, I did like your comment.... :ROFL:

Are you sure it's carnal?  Jesus got angry at the wrong usage of His Father's house...I'm not saying knocking someone out is spiritual. But having the desire isn't always wrong - mayhap the way that desire is handled is what indicates spirituality?

• Moderators

That must be it. Thanks! Man, couldn;t get all the way through. I have to repent and admit that, listening to this guy, I kind of want to, well, punch him in his smug, whiney, self-righteous, immature, carnal face. Yeah, this is the face of much of what is called christianity. If someone sees something wrong with their carnal ays, well, get outta the way, old-timer, its OUR time now!  He said "a new light has dawned". A new light? What's wrong with the old light? It hasn't dimmed. But the Bible only mentions one other light. that Satan is transformed into an angel of light. He might need to have his lights checked.

Get his lights checked? Or get his lights knocked out??

• Members

Well, I did like your comment.... :ROFL:

Are you sure it's carnal?  Jesus got angry at the wrong usage of His Father's house...I'm not saying knocking someone out is spiritual. But having the desire isn't always wrong - mayhap the way that desire is handled is what indicates spirituality?

Yeah, like, instead of "knocking him out", plait a scourge and drive him out.  LoL  Follow the example of our Lord

• Members

Notice he was trying to act like a rapper?  From what I have seen and heard, rapper's all have an angry spirit about them.  His anger is toward those who hold to the "old landmark", the "old paths."

He's on a path that was blazed, not by the Apostles and prophets, but by those who are opposed to right authority, opposed to godly living.

• Members

These people want to have the pious covering of religiosity while enjoying the temporary pleasures of sin at the same time. They must attack those who truly hold to the faith because their righteous and holy lives stand in stark contrast against their hedonism.

• Members

I did a little experiment with the video . . . . I watched it without sound.  Very interesting, even more interesting than with sound.  It was like I was watching a movie about the leader of a satanic cult riling up his followers to do evil.  Amazing facial expressions and body gestures.  Satan may sometimes appear as an angel of light . . . . this guy really doesn't do that very well.   :coffee2:

• Moderators

My take on it was this: Summary -- "Hey, we HATE you, you vile, putrid, disgusting, despicable haters and HATE that you're wanting to get precise about what 'thus saith the LORD' because that's hate. We HATE haters but we ain't  haters."

• Members

This is the age old attempt of man to remake God in his own image. They don't like the way the God of the Bible is put forth in Scripture so they try to mold God into an image they do like. They ignore or twist away the passages of Scripture they don't like so they can have a god (no longer God) which enables them to indulge their flesh, declare sins such as homosexuality to not be a sin, to declare God is all love and tolerance in accord with their own perceptions of what they want that to mean.

They then feel morally superior walking in the flesh with their covering of religious form.

Archived