• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Cross And How Jews Perceive It: Sharing Messiah With The Jewish People

• Members

​No...that's not what the Lord Jesus Christ said. You left out parts of those verses.

​I think you should reread this part. As the verses are complete above where you are quoting, and it is obvious what I was doing.

I was just picking out the important parts of the verses that I wanted you to see as a comparison. Surely you see that.

• Members

Okay...but you're missing out on a lot of things by not seeing how things were done during the time when the Bible was written...aka - Bible times. Some things were done much differently (back in Bible times), and without knowing or understanding that, one will miss a deeper meaning or truth. Same as with some of the wording in the Bible...if you apply modern-day meanings to them, you get the wrong meaning and message. 

​Uh, could you be a bit more clear on what you mean?

I just showed you where the Lord used a commonly known way of building a structure in his example of believers versus non-believers in Matthew 7.

How much more info do you need?

Do you have a verse or verses that explain the Bible times way of building?

• Members

​I think you should reread this part. As the verses are complete above where you are quoting, and it is obvious what I was doing.

I was just picking out the important parts of the verses that I wanted you to see as a comparison. Surely you see that.

​In humble honesty...no sir, I don't see that. When I read what you said...in the words that you said, what was obvious to me was obviously something different than what was obvious to you.

We are going around and around here, so this will be my final reply. As you believe that what you said was obvious, I believe the following is obvious.

1. The church was future according to the Lord Jesus Christ's own words...

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

2. The church was built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets...

Ephesians 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

3. Those prophets were not the Old Testament prophets...

Ephesians 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

4. The early church was given those prophets by the Holy Spirit; being a prophet was a gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

See...there are the apostles AND prophets...the first two listed, and they are the foundation upon which the church was built.

5. The fact that the early church had prophets is evidenced by...

• Acts 11:27-30
  • Acts 13:1-3
  • Acts 15:32

• Members

1 Kings 7:9 All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
10 And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits.

They didn't use a footer. 

In modern times the concrete footer must be square when its poured or the blocks will not have a proper foundation. If you have a footer that is 99' across at one end and 100' across at the other then the blocks will be hanging off the footer on the short end. And when the inspector arrives it will all get torn down and repoured. 

I hope this helps and doesn't cause more confusion. 

• Members

1 Kings 7:9 All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
10 And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits.

They didn't use a footer. 

In modern times the concrete footer must be square when its poured or the blocks will not have a proper foundation. If you have a footer that is 99' across at one end and 100' across at the other then the blocks will be hanging off the footer on the short end. And when the inspector arrives it will all get torn down and repoured. 

I hope this helps and doesn't cause more confusion. 

​And they put those stones on what?

Rock. (we make our own, called footers.)

• 3 weeks later...