• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

...honour The King,

heartstrings

• Moderators

I cannot honor OBama in any way at present.  Perhaps if he trusted Christ the answer would be different.

My Bible says that those that God puts over us are terrors to the evil, and not the good.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Romans 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
Romans 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
Romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

OBama is against all that is God.  He has clearly demonstrated it.  His office is not ordained of God.  Rather, it is allowed by God.  God wants a people who will have Him as their authority.  Instead, they, like ancient Israel, wanted a king to rule them.  God gave them what they wanted.  He has allowed America to have what they wanted. 

Sadly, that which they wanted has proven to not be that which they needed. 

No, based on the fact that God's appointed rulers are terrors to the evil and not the good, I can emphatically say that God did not give us OBama so that we could honor OBama. 

And yet, he said it at a time that true tyrants of Rome, like Caesar Agustus, was ruler over Israel, as well as the rest of the known world, the same guy who would go on to take Paul's head. Hardly a God-fearing leader.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He DID make a great peanut butter and banana sandwich!  Don't know that it would qualify him as king, but it does say something for him.

Just a short diversion, I remember David Cloud, I believe, talking about Elvis. I think either he met him, or he spoke of another preacher who did, who said that Elvis gave an excellent testimony of salvation, but at some point veered off into all kinds of weird things with fame. He said it was very sad, because he really believes Elvis was born again, but he had gone kind of nuts. Apparently he was very generous, giving expensive gifts to his assistants-maybe one remaining aspect of his faith. It may also explain his relatively young death, that the Lord let him run as for a while, then brought him home.  Speculation, but something to think on.

Back to the post!

Making a peanut butter sandwich only means he likes peanut butter.  It is good for using in mouse traps as they like  peanut butter as well.   Can't think of anything else to use it for.

• Members

Making a peanut butter sandwich only means he likes peanut butter.  It is good for using in mouse traps as they like  peanut butter as well.   Can't think of anything else to use it for.

Peanut butter?  I eat it mixed with tupelo honey or straight from the jar. It makes a great treat for the sheep too. A few weeks ago, I was walking down to the paddock with a big old mixing spoon full, eating as I went. Before I knew it my pet sheep, Sissy, had jumped up and grabbed the whole spoon in her mouth and was begging for more.  As a matter of fact, we are now feeding them fresh peanut vine hay every morning and they go straight for the few dried peanuts in the hay. Then my wife and daughter make delicious peanut butter cookies, peanut butter candies, and  peanut butter pies....

• Moderators

Peanut butter?  I eat it mixed with tupelo honey or straight from the jar. It makes a great treat for the sheep too. A few weeks ago, I was walking down to the paddock with a big old mixing spoon full, eating as I went. Before I knew it my pet sheep, Sissy, had jumped up and grabbed the whole spoon in her mouth and was begging for more.  As a matter of fact, we are now feeding them fresh peanut vine hay every morning and they go straight for the few dried peanuts in the hay. Then my wife and daughter make delicious peanut butter cookies, peanut butter candies, and  peanut butter pies....

Yes, our goats love peanuts and peanut butter as well. We sometimes buy 50lb bags of raw peanuts and roast them and feed them to the goats. We have had unfriendly goats become our best buds due to the magic of peanuts, and peanut butter aids us when we have to give the goats something unpleasant for their health-we mix it up in peanut butter and they go right for it.

I wish I lived where you do, to be able to buy peanut vine hay-we're always looking for new feeds ideas.

• Members

The peanut hay we're buying  this year is the finest I've ever seen with lots of bright green leaves, stems and a few nuts. Usually it's discolored and contains varying amounts of mould. This stuff looks and smells immaculate and the sheep eat nearly every trace of it. I also planted a field of oats, one of wheat mixed with Austrian Winter Peas, and one of annual ryegrass mixed with arrowleaf clover and turnips. The oats should be ready to begin grazing in two or three weeks weeks.

You said that you buy nuts by the 50# bag; where are they grown? What kinds of crops are gown where you live?

• Moderators

Out here, mostly alfalfa, Timothy hay, some winter wheat, not much else. While we have 80 acres, we have no equipment with which to work fields, so we can't grow anything ourselves, but when/if we ever get to where we can, we have been looking at a Siberian yellow-flowering alfalfa, which handles cold very well, maybe hops, and a few others we want to try. Its a very dry area, northern desert, so hard to say what will do well.

We also want to get a large amount of winter squash, like the blue hubbard squash, and root vegetables, like turnips and such, to help in feeding in the winter, as we get very cold. Right this minute, we have a pogonip (freezing fog) on us, with a big winter storm warning for tomorrow and Friday, to drop snow and rain on us.

• Members

Out here, mostly alfalfa, Timothy hay, some winter wheat, not much else. While we have 80 acres, we have no equipment with which to work fields, so we can't grow anything ourselves, but when/if we ever get to where we can, we have been looking at a Siberian yellow-flowering alfalfa, which handles cold very well, maybe hops, and a few others we want to try. Its a very dry area, northern desert, so hard to say what will do well.

We also want to get a large amount of winter squash, like the blue hubbard squash, and root vegetables, like turnips and such, to help in feeding in the winter, as we get very cold. Right this minute, we have a pogonip (freezing fog) on us, with a big winter storm warning for tomorrow and Friday, to drop snow and rain on us.

Hmm winter squash sounds interesting. I hear that alfalfa is expensive to grow and maintain. Never tried it but it's supposed to be excellent feed.

• Members

Last time I put peanut butter in a rat trap, I carefully covered it so larger animals couldn't get it. 

Next morning I found I had caught a rOBin. :(

Archived