• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Hating The Rapture

RSS Robot

• Members

Cut out the pejoratives. Just because someone says something someone else doesn't like doesn't mean they don't read scripture themselves.

Rapture. As in pre-trib. Can't wait to be caught away...which is a definition of rapture and as such an appropriate term.

What's wrong with "resurrection"?

It is a concrete noun.

"Rapture" is an idea, like love, joy , peace, etc. It can't be used to mean an event, and God didn't use it to do so.

Resurrection is an event, and God did use it.

Stop me when I've said something wrong....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Use resurrection. I have no prOBlem with that...but those that are alive at the time we are "caught up" (scripture words...) aren't resurrected cuz they aren't dead. They are caught up...raptured.

The specific term of rapture might not be in the KJB, but the meaning is. There is not one thing wrong with using the term.

Ideas are nouns...and since God used men to pen the words "caught up" to describe the action of the event, the word rapture - which comes from an old french word meaning caught away - works well.

• Members

Oh, it seems you dont read the Scripture for yourself, or you would have seen this:

1Th 5:4-5
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day:we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Apparently, you are just parroting others, and can't even read IThes 5- 2Thes 2, or you would know that only the lost will be surprised by this 'thief in the night'.
Maybe many of the teachers, like Darby, weren't children of Light, who you parrot second hand.

There is not one single hint towards a "Pre-Trib" Resurrection, in the Scripture.

Try using the Biblical terms, first of all.

Only a parrot thinks he can recognize another. Aint that right little birdie

• Members

Actually, there are many hints toward a Pre-Trib Rapture.

One such hint is

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to OBtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

God will not pour out His wrath on His own, but on the wicked.  And that wrath will be throughout the Earth.

No need looking for me when that period comes, because I won't be here... you won't find me.

• Members

One such hint is

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to OBtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

God will not pour out His wrath on His own, but on the wicked.  And that wrath will be throughout the Earth.

No need looking for me when that period comes, because I won't be here... you won't find me.

Of course God will not pour out his wrath on his redeemed people. His wrath is hell, & believers will then be with God in glory. That is not what you understand as the PreTR.

Tribulation & wrath are different. Tribulation allows repentance, & is suffered by both believers & unbelievers. Wrath is final, suffered only by unbelievers. 

• Members

Only a parrot thinks he can recognize another. Aint that right little birdie

So, you've never seen a parrot?

Or, you possibly did, but couldn't discern it from a crow, cuz you aren't a parrot?

The South called, they want their dufus back. Run along.

• Members

Use resurrection. I have no prOBlem with that...but those that are alive at the time we are "caught up" (scripture words...) aren't resurrected cuz they aren't dead. They are caught up...raptured.

The specific term of rapture might not be in the KJB, but the meaning is. There is not one thing wrong with using the term.

Ideas are nouns...and since God used men to pen the words "caught up" to describe the action of the event, the word rapture - which comes from an old french word meaning caught away - works well.

Sorry I went over your education level here.

1.Concrete nouns
2.Abstract nouns

1.Persons, places, things
2.Ideas

Maybe this simple chart will help.

Rapture cant be a concrete noun, and anyone with an education can mock us for our use of it as one.
We should care to be correct.

The dead in Christ RISE first, so it is a resurrection.

It is also the redemption of our bodies.

It is not a feeling of euphoria.

• Moderators

I have said it before in these sames debates. there is little Scriptural evidence on a whole to support anything but a pre trib rapture. What don't you folks get about "no man knoweth" and thief in the night. 3.5 years into an OBvious reign of an antichrist is HARDLY no man knoweth.

This aint rocket surgery Mike, come on.

You assume we will know the exact day the tribulation begins. I suspect that, if we ARE here, we will wake up as any other day, and not realize the Lord's clock has begun.  Now, if you are correct, and we are raptured out, then yes, those remaining will have a zero hour-they can look at the event and say, "Yes, they all disappeared at exactly 3:12pm Tuesday the 15th of whatever, on such and such a date."  But again, there is NO scriptural evidence that shows Jesus coming and taking His people, except for in Rev 14, where we have an abundantly clear picture of Jesus, after the seventh, (the last) trumpet, IN the clouds, reaping His harvest, immediately prior to the reaping of the clusters of the vine, which are then cast into the winepress of God's wrath.  Show me a clearer view of the catching-up.

• Members

One such hint is

God will not pour out His wrath on His own, but on the wicked. And that wrath will be throughout the Earth.

We are not appointed to wrath.
So God will remove us from the Earth prior to pouring out His Wrath.

This is where Dispensational Theory departs from Scripture.

Mat 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Unlike Dispensational "teachers", God can count to two.

The first resurrection preceeds the pouring out of Wrath, and occurs after the Tribulation Saints are Martyred.

Only The Spirit of God can reveal this to you, through His Word.

• Moderators

One such hint is

This assumes the tribulation is synonomous with the wrath, yet Revelation gives us seven seals, (which I believe, in reading it, seems to be an overview of the entire period, though I admit I could be wrong), then seven trumpets, which seem to be the various events of the tribulation as they occur, then the seven vial of the wrath of God, which would indeed be the outpouring of God's wrath, begun in Rev 14 with the angel from the temple in Heaven harvesting from the ripe vines and casting them into the winepress of God's wrath.

So, there is a tribulation time, and there is God's wrath, but while they are connected, they are yet two separate events.

• Administrators

Sorry I went over your education level here.

1.Concrete nouns
2.Abstract nouns

1.Persons, places, things
2.Ideas

Maybe this simple chart will help.

Rapture cant be a concrete noun, and anyone with an education can mock us for our use of it as one.
We should care to be correct.

The dead in Christ RISE first, so it is a resurrection.

It is also the redemption of our bodies.

It is not a feeling of euphoria.

prophet, my statement about being adult applies specifically to you. My education level is higher than yours, I can guarantee that.  

I said use resurrection. It is, because the dead will rise...but the LIVE people are not dead. Yes, it is the redemption of the body: being CAUGHT UP.  Too bad you can't wrap your head around that fact. Now, you are being warned. Stop acting like a spoiled child that has to insult people in order to seem relevant.  

As to "arguing doctrine with men..."  This isn't church.  It's a discussion forum. If you don't like it, leave.  Simple enough.

Archived