• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm so not standing next to a person who use coupons

• Members

Angie, The Sunday newspaper, mostly.

When there are really good coupons, I will go to the Dollar Tree and buy 2-3 more papers.

After that, I order coupons from clipping sites like http://www.thecouponclippers.com When the grocery stores weekly ad is posted on the internet on Tuesday night, I view it and see what is on sale. If there is a good coupon for some of the items, I will order a bulk quantity of just that coupon. No one is allowed to sell coupons but they can charge a small fee for their time to clip and mail them. Usually the fee is around 5 cents a coupon.

Here's an example...

A few months ago, one of my stores that doubles had a certain brand of spaghetti sauce on sale. I ordered 80 coupons from the clipper. The total for those 80 coupons was $4.00. All the jars of sauce were free after the sale and the coupon. So basically, I got 80 jars of spaghetti sauce for $4 - the cost of the coupons.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
where do people get their coupons anyway

You get them in the Sunday paper .You can get them from magazine ,you can find on the internet .I get them from the manufacture web site .
I got them once because I had a defective product .I had a ziplock bag that zips well the zip came right off.I called and let them know they sent me 2 coupons for a free up to 3.00 off a box .

Walgreens has them in their Easy saver book and in their ad on Sunday .
In fact thats how i got the Dove for 1.03 .
You match up the 7 day coupon with the coupon from the Easy saver book plus I had a 1.00 off a Dove bar .So I stacked 3 coupons to get the deal .
I did a similar one with CVS and the Nestle deal .Even though it was a bogo I used 2 coupons and got both bags for .99 cents .
I stack them at Cub also .

• Members

I don't get sunday newspaper, but everytime I see it, the coupons are for brand names.. and even with the coupons, I found that store brands are cheaper. I don't think I get double couples day out here. I usually go to Kroger and sometimes Food Lion but they never announced double coupon day.

• Members

Cub had a 10/10 sale on Betty Crocker potatoes all kinds .There were coupons that were 1.00 off 2 .So I got 10 boxes for 5.00 .
I have done similar things there also .With Barber chicken and Totino pizza roll they were both 10/10 and there were coupons out for 1.00 off .So I got as many coupons as i could and got those things for free.

• Members
I don't get sunday newspaper' date=' but everytime I see it, the coupons are for brand names.. and even with the coupons, I found that store brands are cheaper. I don't think I get double couples day out here. I usually go to Kroger and sometimes Food Lion but they never announced double coupon day.[/quote']
My Kroger doubles up to .50 all the time

I got a ton of cereal for real cheap back in August .Plus Kellogs is paying me a 10 dollar rebate

• Members

I get mine from the Sunday paper, friends/relatives/neighbors that don't use theirs, and I also go through local recycling bins for coupons.... am I'm not ashamed to admit that b :ooops :lol:

I so would dumpster dive if we had better coupons in our paper.

• Members

Food Lion doesn't double but you should check with Kroger. As far as I know, Kroger's standard coupon policy is that they will double any coupon up to and including $.50. That means a $.50 coupon will double to $1.00. When you pair that savings with something that is on sale, you can get some really good deals. I went to Kroger's website and found that double coupon policy there so you should check with your local store and see if they honor that policy.

I only get the Sunday paper; I don't get it the rest of the week. They have a special Sunday only rate. I also only get it for the coupons and like I said earlier, the Dollar Tree sells them for $1.00 which is cheaper than delivery or a newspaper box.

• Members
Food Lion doesn't double but you should check with Kroger. As far as I know, Kroger's standard coupon policy is that they will double any coupon up to and including $.50. That means a $.50 coupon will double to $1.00. When you pair that savings with something that is on sale, you can get some really good deals. I went to Kroger's website and found that double coupon policy there so you should check with your local store and see if they honor that policy.

I only get the Sunday paper; I don't get it the rest of the week. They have a special Sunday only rate. I also only get it for the coupons and like I said earlier, the Dollar Tree sells them for $1.00 which is cheaper than delivery or a newspaper box.

Hey do you get all coupons ?I mean like Smart Source ,P&G Valassi ? Cause I only get valassi and P&G I called my paper they said Smart Source dropped them .A neigbouring town gets SS but not the other 2 which is crazy

• Members

Yes, I get them all. I'm blessed to live in a region that has coupon battles. Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods are fiercely competitive so they both double and Harris Teeter triples quarterly.

However, I have noticed that even in this area, the coupons vary by region. Some of the larger cities around here will get a couple of better coupons in their SS than this region does.

• Members

This is what we are going to do. So many times our daily paper gets stolen so I'm going to let this current quarterly subscription expire and not renew. The Sunday paper more than pays for itself with the coupons in it. :lol:

• Members

Oh and my mom got a store brand item .Well it was not good so she contacted them .They sent her coupons for 2.00 off a store brand .She didn't see anything she wanted so gave them to me .I didn't see anything at first then it dawned on me .
So I got store brand milk .Price was 3.14 gave the coupon so it was 1.14 for a gallon of milk .That was so awesome . :lol

• Members
Yes, I get them all. I'm blessed to live in a region that has coupon battles. Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods are fiercely competitive so they both double and Harris Teeter triples quarterly.

However, I have noticed that even in this area, the coupons vary by region. Some of the larger cities around here will get a couple of better coupons in their SS than this region does.

Well thats good .Kroger doubles up to .50 and Schnucks doubles up to .50 also but after all the coupons go to 1.00 .