• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm so not standing next to a person who use coupons

• Members

:frog :Bleh
Avoid coupon redeemers: Their stigma is contagious (unless they're attractive)
General Science / Other
Less than 2 percent of Americans use coupons, likely because of fear of being viewed as cheap or poor. A new study in the Journal of Consumer Research demonstrates that not only do coupon users face stigmatization; people who stand near them do too....

http://www.physorg.com/news140710526.html

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I clip the larger amounts and use them, or on things I always buy...like diapers. Then sometimes there is this store that has unlimited triple coupons, and I save up for that. But Andrew can't eat alot of premade foods so we don't buy alot of that...but our asst pastor's wife, on the triple coupon days, she has been known to get like $100 worth of stuff for maybe $25-$30!!!!!

• Members

Well I have had cashiers be they from Walgreens Walmart or other such stores ,say way to go .Thats the way to do it .
I need to learn to do this more .
Just to day I saved over 14 dollars using coupons .
This past weekend I got Dove Chocolate bars ,at Walgreens after the coupons I used they were 1.03 thats with tax
CVS had Nestle Crunch BOGO and I used coupons got 2 fun size bags for .99 cents
CVS a coupole weeks back had Dawn dish soap for .99 cents I had coupons for 1.00 so basically they paid me to take them
Month ago I had Cheerio coupons for 1.00 off price matched the Kmart ad at Walmart got 3 boxes for .88 cents each BIG boxes .
Recently got Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers at Walmart used 1.00 off coupon got them for .27 cents each
I could go on and on but you save money .
I think of a coupon like found money
If I have coupons I won't need I trade for some I will .
Its great :Green

• Members

All hail from a coupon diva! :wave: :cool

Couponing is a regular part of my week. I save my coupons and use them (at stores that double coupons) when the item is on sale, thereby maximizing my savings. One time I had a total at Lowes Foods that was high at first but after the coupons went so low that the cash register wouldn't complete the transaction until a manager came over and approved it. :lol:

Triple events at Harris Teeter are even better! My best so far was a grocery bill totaling well over $200 and I only paid around $35! :Green

Hm, did I mention that Harris Teeter is tripling again this Thur.-Sat.? :clap:

• Members
Well I have had cashiers be they from Walgreens Walmart or other such stores ,say way to go .Thats the way to do it .
I need to learn to do this more .
Just to day I saved over 14 dollars using coupons .
This past weekend I got Dove Chocolate bars ,at Walgreens after the coupons I used they were 1.03 thats with tax
CVS had Nestle Crunch BOGO and I used coupons got 2 fun size bags for .99 cents
CVS a coupole weeks back had Dawn dish soap for .99 cents I had coupons for 1.00 so basically they paid me to take them
Month ago I had Cheerio coupons for 1.00 off price matched the Kmart ad at Walmart got 3 boxes for .88 cents each BIG boxes .
Recently got Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers at Walmart used 1.00 off coupon got them for .27 cents each
I could go on and on but you save money .
I think of a coupon like found money
If I have coupons I won't need I trade for some I will .
Its great :Green

I am an avid coupon user and proud of it. Today I went to walmart, had a cart full of things that came to $150ish before coups and got it down to $80ish after! That is a saving of almost 47%. My budget allows approx $300/month for groceries and house and beauty supplies for a family of 6! so for me couponing is a way of life that I have come to embrace. I really don't care if it makes me look cheap, I completly agree with Lori that it is found money. I am on several coupon trains to pass off the coups that I don't need and will get some that I do in return. I will admit that it is hard work getting coupons ready and matching ads and such, but think of it this way, if you work for an hour doing that like I did last night, and shopping for an hour today, it's like getting paid $40/hour. Not bad for a stay at home mom.

• Members
Yeah' date=' but the hassle of collecting them and selling them and mailing them and paying Ebay their fees isn't worth the few bucks you make....[/quote']

There are some really great coups out there that people are getting alot of money selling like those the gatorade $1 off which makes a 32oz free at walmart and other stores. Johnson's buddies soap you can get free with the $ 1 off q. Kotex $1 off qs for free kotex and clean team wipes q that are $3/2 so you can get two packs for .28! 10 Gatorade coupons are going for $6 - $8 right now on ebay.

• Members

Couponing is a regular part of my week. I save my coupons and use them (at stores that double coupons) when the item is on sale, thereby maximizing my savings. One time I had a total at Lowes Foods that was high at first but after the coupons went so low that the cash register wouldn't complete the transaction until a manager came over and approved it. :lol:

Triple events at Harris Teeter are even better! My best so far was a grocery bill totaling well over $200 and I only paid around $35! :Green

Doesn't it give you such a rush when you save that much! I have had a few transactions where I had to add items just to get me out of the negative, they don't like it when they owe YOU money LOL!

I really wish we had HT's here, I would love to get in on the triples..... :clap:

• Members

I knew you would reply to this thread LOL you're like the queen of coupons

• Members

Yes, it is quite a rush. I've had a negative balance a couple of times and usually the cashier tells me they aren't allowed to give money back so I have to buy something else but one time the manager was the cashier and she gave me money back. I asked her about it and she said there was no store policy against it. :puzzled:

Anyway, anyone who wants to be snobby about not using coupons can go right ahead but if the economy keeps tanking the way it is, I'm sure more people will jump on the coupon train. :coffee

• Members

We have 2 stores that double .One doubles up to .50 and the other doubles up to .50 but if you have a .55 there or more it automatically goes to 1.00 .Plus they will also do double on ones that say do not double .
I have not done a train yet .I have traded quite a bit .I all most have to as my paper does not give me Smart Source coupons .Just Red Plum and P&G .