• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"make your calling and election sure"

• Members

Salvation has always been available to the Gentiles.
Ruth the Moabite, Rahab the Canaanite Harlot(Hebrews11:31), Naaman the Syrian, and Nebuchadnezzar the Babylonian king, were all saved by grace through faith. Not only that, but a whole Assyrian city (Nineveh) believed the Word of the Lord and repented. God gave the Egyptian Pharaoh a chance to repent and declares his purpose "that thou mayest know..."(Exodus 9:13-16). God wanted the children of Israel to live holy before Him, to exalt His name before the Gentiles( Ezekiel 36), but, as a nation, they failed.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Right,
And that is the way we are supposed to spread the Gospel; by starting first at home. Notice the command He then gave in Acts 1:8, and notice the order: Jerusalem,(their hometown) Judea,(their country) Samaria,(their neigbors and kin) then "uttermost parts of the earth"(distant countries, foreigners and aliens) (Acts 1:8)
Also notice that, before the time of Acts 1:8. Jesus had already saved a Samaritan woman, a Gadarene maniac, a leprous Samaritan, a Syrophonecian woman and a Roman centurion, to name a few. And some of those were saved even before the account in Matthew 10.

• Members

John, I read all the post's to the end but I prefer asking you because I always trust your answers. I hope that's ok! OK . I can see Jew's and Gentile's recieving salvation thru faith in the O.T. because in the N.Y. it speaks of this about Abraham etc. But they went to a holding place then,Paradise? Not Heaven,correct? His by Grace

While the door was not wide open during Old Testament times to Gentiles, salvation was yet available to them. The Moabitess Ruth is one example.

After Christ and the Jews rejection of Him, the doors were opened wide to the Gentiles and Paul and others took the Gospel directly to the Gentiles. At this time Gentiles were grafted into the vine in the sense that God was no longer working specifically through the Jews but was opening Himself fully to all.

I'm not sure how clear I am being here so feel free to ask questions.

• Members

Jerry, thank you ! So in the O.T.they went to paradise. I'm confused by second part. I do agree He comes back AMEN!! but do you not belive the Rapture and the second coming when He places His feet on Mt. Olivet are two separate events? Please don't get mad I'm asking you not trying to attack you. in Christ His by Glory

• Members

When Jesus comes for His own, He will not touch foot to this earth. he will take the saved off of this earth, the churches will be taken off this earth, which the church is the believers, the Holy Spirit will be take off this earth, them the tribulations will start.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Thess 2:7-12 (KJV)

I might add, anyone who is left behind, if they have heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and understood it, and rejected Jesus Christ as Savior, they cannot be saved during the Tribulations, but anyone who has not understood the gospel, they can be saved during the tribulation. But I must say, they will be very badly persecuted, it will be a very difficult time for saved people. Thank God that we have that "Blessed Hope."

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 2:13 (KJV)

Thanks to that blessed hope, we who are Saved at His coming will not have to endure the tribulations, for we will ever be with our Lord.

If I can find a sermon of mine, I've got something that will explain the 2 events better.

By the way, such questions do not make me mad, and such a question usually make no one mad here on OB.

• Members

I generally do not post my sermons, I'm just an old country preacher, what Bible education I have comes from attending church yjrough the years and my home studies. But hopefully this will give you and idea of the 2 events, Jesus coming for His own and when He comes as King of kings and help you separate them a bit better.

Jesus

• Members

Right, they are two separate events.
When He comes in the Rapture, He won't set foot on the earth. The Bible says we will meet Him in the air. 1 thessalonians 4(the scripture Jerry posted above) However, at the second coming, He will come back, with the saints, to the earth; that is the time He will stand upon the Mt. of Olives.

• Members

Right, they are two separate events.
When He comes in the Rapture, He won't set foot on the earth. The Bible says we will meet Him in the air. 1 thessalonians 4(the scripture Jerry posted above) However, at the second coming, He will come back, with the saints, to the earth; that is the time He will stand upon the Mt. of Olives.

Amen! Complete agreement!! I love when that happens!! May the Loerd bless! in Christ His by Grace