• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Coming Asteroid Impact In The Atlantic Ocean

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I respectively respectfully disagree Bro. John. Rome wasn't defeated. They suffered the same fate that the USA is suffering today. Uncontrolled immigration. Germanic tribes were constantly immigrating into the empire; thereby, providing an overwhelming amount of people who were in the empire but not of the empire. In other words, their allegiance wasn't to the empire. 

Add to that the internal struggles of the empire, the inability to fund their army, etc., and Rome faded away. It took time; there was no decisive battle that defeated the Roman Empire...it was a lot of little things over a long period of time that led to their fall.

I don't think anyone here would disagree that there have been other "empires"; such as, the Ottoman, the British, the Byzantine, etc.; however, the Bible doesn't concern itself with any of those. It only concerns itself with the first four world empires...Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, and Roman.

The Bible is clear that Christ will set up his kingdom during a time when the fourth empire (Rome) will be the active world empire. At least there will be some semblance of it since the feet of Daniel's vision consist of iron (Roman Empire) and clay. If nothing else, consider the fact that at the height of the Roman Empire's domination, when they were most feared...who ruled? It was one man...Caesar "Whoever". One man ruled the world. Such will it be when the Antichrist rules.

There are no verses that proclaim and name it as "the Revived Roman Empire". However, just as there are no verses that proclaim and name the word "Trinity", there are verses that give us that truth. I could be wrong, but just as the Trinity is discovered through various verses, I believe a revived Roman Empire is found through various verses.

That's me though...I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"respectively" -  :nuts:

• Moderators

Here's a thought I haven't seen addressed here yet: are these verses speaking of an asteroid landing anywhere?  Here is the asteroid :" And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;" (vs 10)

So, is the mountain, AND the star, both asteroids hitting the earth? I don't believe so.

I believe the mouintain is actually a volcanic eruption, but not just one: consider the effect of the entire ring of fire going off? It about encircles a third of the ocean area on earth, and would, indeed, be as a great burning mountain-or all of them.

At least, this is how I see it possibly being.

IMHO

• Members

If the ten toes are ten distinct kingdoms and they exist today that would mean the ten toes are not an area and colonies but actual nations today. America, nor any nation in the Americas were or are a colony of Rome.

Just who is God and Magog? There are dozens of theories as to who this refers to and the Christian view of this has changed over the centuries many times. Early Christians thought this Gog and Magog referred to Rome. In the mid-1800s a theory arose it referred to Russia, but that wasn't given serious acceptance until the midst of the Cold War. Syria, Georgia, Germany, the Scythians, the Monguls, the Huns, Khazars, and a host of others have all been pointed to.

After 2,000 years there is still no consensus regarding the details of the end-times and virtually every generation bases their view upon the contemporary situation around them at the time.

Just in my own lifetime there have been more variations of who and what all this refers to than I can count. With each contemporary change in the world, previous declarations which were given as a sure thing were cast aside in favor of new views that were presented as certain...only to be cast aside when the next geo-political change-up occurred.

I love a good mystery, I love the Bible even more, I would love to know exactly what all the end-times things in Scripture refer to and mean, but it seems to a great extent God is keeping much hidden for His own purposes.

There were writers in the past who taught that after the Roman Empire was conquered by the 10 Gothic tribes, there were always 10 kingdoms in Europe.  The lists seem somewhat contrived to me. 

• Members

Have they? I think it is possible that some have, but they all have not.

Now there is another topic...

Jesus judged Israel and Judah and went away. But in 1967 God gave Jerusalem back to Israel in 1967.

Isaiah 30;18-24

Isaiah 30

18And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

19For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

20And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

21And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

22Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence.

23Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures.

24The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.

• Members

Jesus judged Israel and Judah and went away. But in 1967 God gave Jerusalem back to Israel in 1967.

So God, the Father of our Savior Jesus Christ, brought Israel back to their land?

As the sand of the sea shore in number, they are to fit in this little section of land?

And there are folks that really believe that this is what the Lord meant?

According to the website Jewish Virtual Library, [as of 2012], the U.S. and Israel have pretty evenly distributed numbers - U.S., 5,425,000 - Israel, 5,901,100.

Seems pretty close doesn't it?

The Black population in the same year, 2012, [from BlackDemographics.com], was 44,456,009. And that is in the U.S. alone!

I do not believe the 'drawing back to the land of Israel' has happened.

And I don't believe it will.

Jesus Christ was the secret/mystery that was kept hidden since the beginning of time, and the 'Jewish' people were only the chosen people that God used to give the Savior through.

That is what makes them 'chosen', it's not that they are 'special' in themselves, only the mission they were chosen to accomplish.

IMO of course.

• Members

So God, the Father of our Savior Jesus Christ, brought Israel back to their land?

As the sand of the sea shore in number, they are to fit in this little section of land?

And there are folks that really believe that this is what the Lord meant?

According to the website Jewish Virtual Library, [as of 2012], the U.S. and Israel have pretty evenly distributed numbers - U.S., 5,425,000 - Israel, 5,901,100.

Seems pretty close doesn't it?

The Black population in the same year, 2012, [from BlackDemographics.com], was 44,456,009. And that is in the U.S. alone!

I do not believe the 'drawing back to the land of Israel' has happened.

And I don't believe it will.

Jesus Christ was the secret/mystery that was kept hidden since the beginning of time, and the 'Jewish' people were only the chosen people that God used to give the Savior through.

That is what makes them 'chosen', it's not that they are 'special' in themselves, only the mission they were chosen to accomplish.

IMO of course.

God is not done with Israel.

Zechariah 2

1I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.

2Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.

3And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,

4And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:

5For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

6Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north(((Russia))), saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

7Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon (((America))).

8For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

9For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.

10Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

11And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

12And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Archived