• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God The Father?

• Members

when your down or it seems the world is against you and God has forgotten you it does always seem if everyone around you has a perfect life. People at church will all seem so perfect, in their perfect lives, with their perfect families and we feel as though we walk among the living though feeling dead and no one seems to notice. 

If God seems far away, he's not that one that has moved. I've heard that before and it does have truth to it. Not to sound trite.

• Moderators

So is everyone else, including those that don't believe LOL

I just find it amazing how we all give Him the glory in hindsight. It is our decisions and actions that get us into touble and then get us out of trouble (or keep us in trouble LOL) And yes it is being honest. I am not going to pretend I like Him when I can't stand Him any more. But then you lot wouldn't understand a crisis of faith if it came and slapped you in the face - you're all perfect little IFB's. Take a look arround you. Our "Father" gave this world to the devil and us with it. We are all "JOB's" in one form or another being punished for our faith while He sits back in silence and enjoys the show. Reality TV at it's best

I suspect more of us understand trials of faith better than you might think; this is one of the reasons the Lord places us into churches-for fellowship with those who can help us, having been through what we have.

I have stood and defiantly shaken my fist at God, (so to speak) and told him, (literally and outloud) "I don't want this any more! If this is what my life is going to be, I don't want it and I don't want you!" Or something to that effect. And two weeks later, I fell to my knees and repented in tears, knowing that I could no more reject Him, than I could reject reality. Praise God, He knows our hearts and our pains and doesn't hold against us our times of weakness.

Jeremiah said, "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." This is just what I went through-I didn't want Him anymore, but His word, His very presence, was like a flame within me that I could not deny. I 'felt' Him more in my pain-filled rebellion, than I often do when things are well, so to speak.

So yeah, I know trials of faith.  God didn't give the world to the devil: Adam did, and then Jesus took it back on Calvary. Satan may be the prince of the power of the air, and we may have to deal with him, but God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Satan will have his day, but he will also have his day of judgment, and will be cast down forever to the lake of fire, and it will be his end.

But we who are the Lord's will shine forever in His presence. 

You must remember, my brother, that the Lord has never promised us peace and good times here on earth in this life. In fact, He has promised us tribulation and trouble. See the troubles those most faithful to Him while He was in the flesh, endured: all but John died a martyr's death, as have many since. But is this God NOT taking care of His own? Certainly not, because this world, this life, is but for a moment compared to what is yet to come, and you live with one foot here, and one in eternity-to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."  1Pet 4:12, 13  The fiery trial which IS to try you. Its promised. But glory over it, because Jesus so sufferred for us! For you! The blood of His saints is precious in the eyes of God, and we will receive reward.

Don't lose faith, brother. Let the Lord lead you through your crisis-He is there with you, no doubt. And He will bring you through. No doubt.

• Members

I can assure you @2Tim215 that pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. If His eye is on the sparrow then it is on you, and He sees you and wants you to focus on things above and not below. I will pray for you that He doesn't teach you as He has me and that you teach yourself. Read Psalm 39, Ezekiel 20:43...they might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

1Peter 4:12-19

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that OBey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator."

Archived