Online Baptist

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see a lot of criticism of Ruckman and Gail on here but no one giving first hand evidence as Steve mentioned. I don't care for Gail acting as a pastor at times and Ruckman's name calling but as for a

Whoa, reign in, dismount, throw the reigns around this here post, walk inside, take your boots off, have some ice tea. This thread AIN'T about GP. It AIN'T about Dave. It AIN'T about Alan. It AIN

Removing the usage of "ye," "thou," "thy," and "thine" from the King James translation would make it LESS accurate; for the usage of those 2nd person personal pronouns are in the King James translatio

Posted Images

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

With regards to what Jim brought up, I think the great danger lies with so many these days either replacing the local church with TV preachers, books by various Christian authors, radio sermons, online preaching; or in giving little heed to their local church pastor while looking to others for spiritual guidance.

I don't think there is anything wrong with listening to or reading Pastor Markle's sermons which he posts here (for instance) but we shouldn't skip attending a home church to do so. The same is true with reading or listening to other Christian authors and preachers.

Hopefully, we each have at least a good, if not very good, home church and pastor, and that's where we should receive most of our Christian teaching and training; that's where our spiritual gifts and "works" should go to, or through.

When it comes to Christian authors or preachers who ere on some points, who may be weak in some areas, or who might be outright fraudulent in some cases, it's up to each of us to decide if they are worth our time and attention. Myself, those who have proven to be fraudulent time and again, I would want nothing to do with, regardless of how sound they might be on some point. There are other, non-fraudulent authors/preachers out there who would be better to give attention to. When it comes to the others I mentioned, there are some I might read or listen to some of their stuff, but if they are very far off on some things I wouldn't recommend them to others.

I read a lot, but my main feasting is upon what I receive from sermons, Sunday school and Bible studies at my home church led by our pastor.

• Administrators

Matt, this is why your site is dead. You allow blatant heretics to teach their rotten calvinism and to the praise of several here who should know better and you allow a mod to operate who does not accept the doctrinal position of this board. You either need to get a spine Matt or change the doctrinal statement.

Thank you for your input my friend. Let me know if you are even in New England so we can do lunch.

i have a copy if the 1611 KJV bible in it has the book of apocrypha which was around 274 yrs. then they removed it in 1885.  i do use the 1885 KJV the more you read it the more it comes to life and you know it better. 

Edited by allen32

it was included in the 1611 kvj and here are the books. 1 esdras, 2esdras, tOBit , judith , addition to esther , wisdom of solomon , ecclesiasticus , baruch , letter of jeremian , prayer of azariah,susanna , bel and the dragon , prayer or manasseh , 1 maccabees and 2 maccabees they were taking out if the KJV in 1885 

• Moderators

Let me apologize for unintentionally mis-directing this post with my statement on Peter Ruckman. It wasn't really meant as an all-out attack or repudiation on his work-I have read many good things by him. I was merely trying to state in what way I am KJV only.

We've had a lot ab0out Riplinger and Ruckman on the subject: there are many other very good writers on the subject. Maybe we should investigate some of them.

I completely understood Riplinger's point in Hazardous Materials, basically she says your stupid for using Greek and Hebrew because Satan is corrupting the bible through corrupt lexicons, all based on quotes that you can't even trust.

Walk into your Church bookstore, pick up the college textbook on exegesis, read the intro where the editor thanks Zondervan for the use of the NIV on CD to aid in his study.

Then get back to me on "corrupt".

Walk into your Church bookstore, pick up the college textbook on exegesis, read the intro where the editor thanks Zondervan for the use of the NIV on CD to aid in his study.

Then get back to me on "corrupt".

not sure what exactly you are getting at?

not sure what exactly you are getting at?

Not rocket science. The tools you're being taught to study Greek with are corrupt.
Tomorrow, if you haven't already purchased it, go into the church bookstore and pick up the college textbook on exegesis, go to nearly the end of the intro, and read that the editor used the NIV on cd, to enlighten the exegesis of the Greek of the TR (which no one actually owns a copy of anyways).
  • 2 months later...

The original 1611 did include the Apocrypha, but it with a note that it was recommended reading rather than scripture.

​Just out of curiosity and not trying to 'fight', but where is this 'note'. I have an exact facsimile and a 'reprint' of the original 1611 and it says that no where.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Esdras_1_1611/

You must be thinking about the Geneva Bible, where it has the 'argument' at the beginning of the Apocrypha, stating such.

https://archive.org/stream/TheGenevaBible1560/geneva_bible1560#page/n773/mode/2up

geneva_bible1560_0774.jp2&scale=2&rotate

This short bit is inconclusive, and the best I've found so far trying to find more about the KJB and apocrypha, so if anyone has any more specific information on the matter I would appreciate it being posted here.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Apocrypha-Books/

Just out of info that I am aware of, the 1599 and various editions of the Geneva bible before the KJB,  had the Apocrypha removed from them by various people after they were printed, so that it is pretty much a 50/50 chance of a Geneva having the Apocrypha in them. I have seen multiple editions of the KJB down through the years, and most, dating from 1611 through the early 1700's, all had the apocryphal books in them, with verse references to them mixed in with all the other verse references that are normal. As for the text itself, the 1611 King James Apocrypha is quite different from the Geneva Apocrypha, and most of the objections people give for them being 'riddled with errors' is not evident in the Geneva Bible Apocrypha. In fact many verses that are in the Geneva Apocrypha don't exist in the King James Bible Apocrypha, nor in most Apocrypha sections of the pre-1611 bibles.

• Similar Content

• By Alan
      Brethren,
      One of the main reasons why I joined OnLineBaptist was its adherence to the  King James Version of the Bible as the only version in the English language to be used as a scripture reference.
      Most of the folks here on OnLineBaptist know my stand for the KJV and my revulsion (yes, you read that correctly: revulsion), for any of the new versions (including the NKJV).
      After a thorough study of the issue (privately and up to a PhD in education), of the different versions of the Bible, I have long ago came to the conclusion that since the Revised Version (RV), of 1881 until the New King James Version (NKJV), all of these versions are corrupt in manuscript evidence, scholarship, integrity, and honestly.
      The current trend of folks using the newer versions on OnLineBaptist without the common courtesy to even mention which version they used, in my eyes, is deceitful. When a person signs on onto OnLineBaptist they know the rules concerning quoting from any version other than the KJV. So, in my eyes, the non-mentioning of which version they used is deliberate.
      Furthermore, intellectual honesty, a prerequisite for any serious Bible discussion, demands that the user of another person's material that is copyrighted to make known the material that they use. In the case of Bible versions, the abbreviated letters are enough; NIV, RV, RSV, NKJV, etc... This practice is well known, so, the usage of a non-KJV scripture passage, and not mentioning the version, in my eyes, is intellectually dis-honest. 
      Forgive me for being so blunt. To me this is a cardinal issue of extreme importance.
      Lastly, when an author makes a mistake, he should go back and correct that mistake. In the current case in point, the individuals who used a non-King James Version, needs to go back to every time they used the non-King James Version and either delete the reference, strike out the offending passage, or delete the entire passage.
      Regards,
      Alan
    • By Roselove
      I was wondering, does anyone know of a Bible translation, that is as accurate as the KJV, but has more modern writing? 

• By fastjav390
      If you have Amazon Prime there's a few free videos about the King James bible that are worth the watch. One is entitled, "A Lamp in a Dark Place" and another is its sequel entitled, "Tares Among the Wheat". Both are pretty good. There's also one entitle, "KJV-The Making of the King James Bible". Finally, there's one entitled, "KJV- The Book that Changed the World" but that one you have to rent. The latter focuses a lot on King James himself, the translators and the socio-political environment of the time. Check them out if you can.
    • By birdlover99
      So I need help selecting the perfect bible. I've been looking but haven't found my one yet. I want it to be sturdy, large, normal sized print. Not the really tiny print. Words of god in red. I would really like to have the reference topics in the back but I would be ok if someone knew of a bible topics book separate I'd really appreaciate it, please when you reply send link too. 
    • By paid4
      Found this website today. Thought some of you might like it.
      Good fundamental preachers on here.
      I've listened to Danny Castle several times and everytime it was good.

http://www.goodpreachin.com/