• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Separating from Ray Boltz

• Members
I'm still unsure how one "separates" them self from someone they've never met' date=' nor associate with.............[/quote']

I am not sure why this thread was resurrected after 2 months of silence but I will try to answer your question.

I will guarantee that the songs and music of Ray Boltz are being used in independent fundamental Baptist churches and as a result are being played and sung in the homes of their members. I know this is true because we have downloaded many songs from independent fundamental Baptist churches that were written by him.

The Bible gives us a clear command in I Corinthians 5:11

"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."

How do we obey this verse in regards to Ray Boltz? By refusing to sing or listen to any of his music and by destroying any of his music that might be in our homes. That is how you separate from Ray Boltz without actually meeting him.

I will say one more thing then I am done with this discussion. I believe that it is extremely important not only to choose good music based upon the lyrics and style but also based upon who wrote it. The Oneness Pentecostals (those who deny the trinity) are invading independent fundamental Baptist churches through music written by people like Dottie Rambo, Lanny Wolfe, Ralph Carmichael, ect. I think it is high time that independent Baptists get their heads out of the sand and do what the Bible says in 1 Thes 5:21,22 - "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil."

A new member brought it up, brosmith. :smile

I have never heard of him before, like I have said. Yeah...I would not want to hear his music in my IFB church, though. IMHO. I just think of Elvis Presley...a Gospel boy gone to the "King of Rock and Roll." :sad

• Members

Right no brother, one way many false teaches get into solid churches is with their music.

I've got a classmates who is a Baptist, but he is a member of a singing group, he told me we Baptist ought to pull down all fences and join together with any church and every church, but the real reason he feels this way it would open many doors to their singing group. By the way, the church he attend will not fellowship with any church that will have them.

Music, the love of it, singing it, playing of it, the selling of it, leads many into apostasy.

• Members
Bro. Smith' date=' how is playing or listening to his music fellowshipping with him, according to the Bible?[/quote']

The whole concept of "supporting him" through his music is more of the point that I think he's getting at. Not to mention, when secular people see your indirect support of him, it will be the same as fellowship in their eyes and look bad on you and the church, IMO.

• Members

The whole concept of "supporting him" through his music is more of the point that I think he's getting at. Not to mention, when secular people see your indirect support of him, it will be the same as fellowship in their eyes and look bad on you and the church, IMO.[/quote]

Quite right.

When God selected those who would have a part and a role in the Tabernacle.....we notice he excluded some from have ANY part in it....and we notice he attributed his reasons to sin. So turning sodomite got ya stoned in the O.T. (Shame we stopped that in my opinion), and it costs you fellowship, acceptance, and place in the church in the N.T. church and if unrepentant, it put you out of the church, out of fellowship and in open condemnation and shame. Have "no part" means supporting his music in my estimation..... but then, personal opinion.

• 13 years later...
Guest Dr. Lee

Judge much? I think all of you should drop the stones you hold in your hands.

Who are you or I to judge what is in one’s heart?

• Members

We don't need to know what is in his heart. He has rejected the Bible's commands to be sexually pure and abstain from all sexual activity outside of the marriage between a husband and wife. The Bible teaches sodomy is an abomination to God. Someone that turns to that lifestyle - especially openly (as opposed to struggling with it due to past abuse) - is someone that a true believer should reject and refuse to fellowship with or endorse in any way. Romans 1 speaks of those who knew the truth and then turned to abominable lifestyles as being under the judgment of God. I don't need to know their thoughts or their heart - I have God's thoughts on that person because I have God's Word on that issue/lifestyle.

• Members
12 hours ago, Guest Dr. Lee said:

Judge much? I think all of you should drop the stones you hold in your hands.

Who are you or I to judge what is in one’s heart?

The Bible tells us to "judge righteous judgement" and that is what many here would be doing by rejecting this person. Unrepentant, continual living in a sin that is called an abomination by God is not "judging" as YOU are making it out to be. "By their fruit ye shall KNOW them!"