Online Baptist

Nonhuman "rights" Soon To Be A Reality, I Betcha

• Lady Administrators

In a world that seems to have gone completely bonkers, here's proof there's more nuts to come...

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2014/10/20/new-york-court-may-grant-personhood-to-tommy-the-chimpanzee/

Human rights may no longer be just for humans. A group called the Nonhuman Rights Project is currently involved in a legal battle to get a 26-year-old chimpanzee named Tommy recognized as a legal person deserving of certain legal rights, such as “bodily liberty and bodily integrity.” The group claims that Tommy “is being unlawfully imprisoned and therefore being deprived of his fundamental common law right to bodily liberty.”

This post could have fit in the evolution forum, but it's also current news.  This is one of the levels of stupidity to which people can sink when they turn their backs on God.

• Members

Hmmm chimpanzees have a right to be free. Well, to some extent I would agree. That is, if that freedom means their being released back into the wild in the countries their species are native to.

But free to walk the streets of North America. Nope.

Wonder if NRP members advocate lions, tigers, cOBras, etc., running free in their neighborhood?

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ
  • Moderators

True. If "Tommy" has the rights to be free, as it were, then maybe he doesn't want to go back to the jungles, maybe he wants to be free in Manhattan, or free to marry a supermodel and live in Rio, and attend the Sundance film festival each year. And of course, who will decide what Tommy's will IS?

This 'rights' thing is seriously getting out of hand. With the gay rights, and the children's rights, giving children who can barely wipe their own butts, rights to be treated and make decisions as an adult, this will nicely set up the paedophiles to demand to have sex and marry young children, after their 'partners' have been suitably molested and their wills broken, to agree. When I was a kid, I wanted to get a tattoo of the Incredible Hulk on my chest-I thought that was a great idea! Know why? because I was TEN YEARS OLD and I was stupid, like any ten year old is. They are no more capable of making good decisions than Tommy is of deciding where he wants to be. With rights must come responsibility, and the ability to take responsibility.

• Lady Administrators

No, I'm sure they won't advocate lions and tigers having rights yet, simply on the basis that they believe chimps are our relatives. 

I agree that they should be put back into the wild if possible, but I don't have a prOBlem with zoos if the animals are treated right. They are supposed to be under our dominion and zoos can give us lots of information about them. 

Totally agree no freedom to walk the streets!  Next will be the "right" to marry them...of course, there have been people around the world who've "married" an animal for one reason or another. 

Sin is sick. Unchecked sin is revolting.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Sometimes I feel a little caged in.......but then they feed me and I forget about it again.

Come to think of it, I wonder if anyone asked the chimp what his stance was in this whole situation?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Tell a friend

Love Online Baptist? Tell a friend!
  • Members

• Recent Status Updates

• Alan

Happy Birthday John Young! God Bless! 🍰
      · 1 reply
    • KJV ME!

Now it is time for me to step out of my shell and let go... I AM STRICT KJV!... In scripture God said he would preserve his word... Well did he or didn't he?... If there is every translation under the sun, then he didn't but I KNOW HE DID!... The preserved word of God called the KJV is for the English people has been around for over 400 years and what is interesting to me, is the KJV was translated in 1611 and the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock in 1620... Coincidence?... A new book the preserved KJV word of God for the New World... So take that you KJV naysayers... I have been reading, studying and digging through the KJV for over 50 years... My belief is 100% Christ and scripture says so... Glad to be here and its time to take these shackles off!   
      John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
      I am... Brother Ramsey

· 1 reply
    • stan1964stanssb

Praise God I found such a powerhouse of the outpouring of His Spirit and unapologetic in regards of the defense of the KJV Bible. When I became a Christian back in 1984, I was told to get & read the KJV. It's been my choice all these years.
      · 0 replies
    • 1Timothy115  »  Ukulelemike

Mike,
      RE: This is why I am here, why are you?
      Also, the land in Egypt wasn't land God gave them it was land Joseph through Pharaoh gave them. God gave them Canaan.
      Dave 
      · 1 reply
    • Alan

Praise the Lord! Sherry and I, safe, tired, and joyful,  are back in Taiwan.
      · 0 replies
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alan

Happy Birthday John Young! God Bless! 🍰
      · 1 reply
    • KJV ME!

Now it is time for me to step out of my shell and let go... I AM STRICT KJV!... In scripture God said he would preserve his word... Well did he or didn't he?... If there is every translation under the sun, then he didn't but I KNOW HE DID!... The preserved word of God called the KJV is for the English people has been around for over 400 years and what is interesting to me, is the KJV was translated in 1611 and the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock in 1620... Coincidence?... A new book the preserved KJV word of God for the New World... So take that you KJV naysayers... I have been reading, studying and digging through the KJV for over 50 years... My belief is 100% Christ and scripture says so... Glad to be here and its time to take these shackles off!   
      John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
      I am... Brother Ramsey

· 1 reply
    • stan1964stanssb

Praise God I found such a powerhouse of the outpouring of His Spirit and unapologetic in regards of the defense of the KJV Bible. When I became a Christian back in 1984, I was told to get & read the KJV. It's been my choice all these years.
      · 0 replies
    • 1Timothy115  »  Ukulelemike

Mike,
      RE: This is why I am here, why are you?
      Also, the land in Egypt wasn't land God gave them it was land Joseph through Pharaoh gave them. God gave them Canaan.
      Dave 
      · 1 reply
    • Alan

Praise the Lord! Sherry and I, safe, tired, and joyful,  are back in Taiwan.
      · 0 replies