• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, (why) (1) to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 (2) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (Psalm 18:49)

No where in that verse does it say Jesus never ministered to gentiles. Nor does it say Jews was his ONLY ministry. But the followers of Paul Only say Jesus had no ministry for gentiles, but the scriptures disagree.

Galilee of the Gentiles, lots of healing, casting out demons, teaching, plus feeding a multitude

Matthew 4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; 16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

What about Samaria?

Luke 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee......lepers healed......16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. 17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.

John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans..........39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. 40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. 41 And many more believed because of his own word; 42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.........Acts 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.........Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

1st centurion

Matthew 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

2nd centurion

Luke 7:6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof: 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Pilate

Mat 27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

3rd centurion

Matthew 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Mark 15:39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

(Sounds a lot like what Peter said in Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.)

• Members

Luk 4:23-28
23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself:whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

• Members

Romans 15:8 is pretty self-explanatory.  The "door" was still "open" for the Nation of Israel to repent at that time.  The "door" will

"reopen" again with the Tribulation, and Romans 11:26 will literally "be fulfilled", ushering in the Millennial Reign of Jesus the Messiah.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved:
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from JacOB  Rom 11:25-26

• Members

Romans 15:8 is pretty self-explanatory.  The "door" was still "open" for the Nation of Israel to repent at that time.  The "door" will

"reopen" again with the Tribulation, and Romans 11:26 will literally "be fulfilled", ushering in the Millennial Reign of Jesus the Messiah.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved:
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from JacOB  Rom 11:25-26

You've really change your tune on that verse. You said the door closed when Paul was saved, that was before he wrote any letters. At least you are making progress, that more than can be said for most followers of Paul Only.

There was no plan for Jesus to set up His Kingdom, he came to die for our sins. The 1st visit was all about atonement. 2nd visit will be the rapture. 3rd visit the Kingdom rule.

You do realize, Romans 11:25-26 means they will repent AFTER the tribulation? When Jesus puts an end to Satan's rule. By that time the Nation of Israel will only be a tiny remnant. 

I'll close this thread to keep it from moving into bait and switch posts.

Archived