• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Children's Missionary Stories

Salyan

• Moderators

Our church has a missions conference next week, and I've got the idea of planning a game for the kids to run throughout the week - naming the flags on display. I'd like to give them a missions-themed prize - but I haven't got much time to search! I'm thinking of dividing into ages 5-9 and 10-14. Can anyone recommend some good children's missionary stories for those ages?  I was doing a quick search online and saw something called the Jungle Doctor series that looked interesting - is anyone familiar with that series?

• Administrators

I don't recall the Jungle Doctor series.  But we use Madugu and Yandicu in our third grade Sunday School. Also the story of Jim Elliott - for the 10-14, the book Jungle Pilot would be interesting.

Madugu would be good for 5-9. It goes over the wordless book in the story.  Yandicu is also good - it's a true story of.  I love it because he was born the same year as my grandma, so I can use her to relate to the kids how things go on in the world all at the same time (for instance, he got saved the year my grandma had her first child; he decided - due to health - not to go back to Bible college the year and month I was born, and died while I was in college.) Anyway....the story is really good. Both of these are illustrated stories. Jungle Pilot  is a book.

Archived