• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sermon Supoenaes

ThePilgrim

• Members

If the lesbian mayor doesn't like your pastor's views on homosexuality she can sue you. (Sarcasm Alert)Maybe if more pastors would just shape up and forget whom they are to serve we would all be better off.(Sarcasm Alert)  :icon_rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/14/city-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

They would have had a real hard time trying to arrest or fine Eugene Shivers or W.A. Criswell --- they both preached without notes.

"We see you didn't send your notes in"

"Did too"

"Where?"

"In your hand"

"There's nothing in my hand"

"That's all the ones I have on me when I preach"

• Administrators

Ted Cruz:

“I'm proud to stand with the pastors.  Religious liberty is the very first protection in the Bill of Rights, the foundation of all of our liberties.  The City of Houston’s subpoenas demanding that pastors provide the government with copies of their sermons is both shocking and shameful.  For far too long, the federal government has led an assault against religious liberty, and now, sadly, my hometown of Houston is joining the fight.  This is wrong.  It's unbefitting of Texans, and it's un-American.  The government has no business asking pastors to turn over their sermons.  These subpoenas are a grotesque abuse of power, and the officials who approved them should be held accountable by the people.  The Mayor should be ashamed.  And we should all be proud to stand up and defend the pastors who are resisting these blatant attempts to suppress their First Amendment rights."

• Members

Someone on Facebook posted that all of the pastors should sign a Bible and send it in to the mayor with a note that their sermons come from there and for her to read it to find out...

No way should they comply.

Better yet let every pastor in Houston show up and demand to be put in jail. Then get their congregations to come visit and have all the different preachers give a message against sodomy. Call it  Revival in the jail cells 2014. Set up in town hall for weeks and everyone preach the gospel.

• Members

From my most recent status update on Facebook:

In opposition to a recent story that has surfaced in which Houston Texas Mayor Annise Parker issued subpoena's to five Houston area pastors, demanding their sermons be delivered to her office, many Facebook members across America have suggested that each Christian in America send her a Bible. In my opinion, such a move would be fruitless.

Sending her a Bible is not really a good idea. More than likely, the Bibles would all end up in the city incenerator or the local landfill. She knows what is in the Bible. Otherwise, she would not be issuing those subpoena's. She more than likely owns one that she refuses to believe anyway. I believe she has a reprOBate mind as those of her ilk are given over to. Notice the stages in Romans 1. She, being a sodomite, made it to the stage where she had been given over to vile affections and began operating in a manner that is against nature.

Then, because she does not want to retain God in her knowledge, but would rather serve the god that overlooks her abominable acts, she demonstrated her distaste for the true God by attacking His servants. She displays the reprOBate mind described in Romans 1:28. The Greek for reprOBate is the word adokimos. It is also translated as castaway or rejected.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprOBate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disOBedient to parents,
Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

• Members

Annise Parker is guilty of violating Federal Law.

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or
immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap , aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit
aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

• Members

From my most recent status update on Facebook:

In opposition to a recent story that has surfaced in which Houston Texas Mayor Annise Parker issued subpoena's to five Houston area pastors, demanding their sermons be delivered to her office, many Facebook members across America have suggested that each Christian in America send her a Bible. In my opinion, such a move would be fruitless.

Sending her a Bible is not really a good idea. More than likely, the Bibles would all end up in the city incenerator or the local landfill.

Partial quote

Let's send boxes of NIV, NKJV, NASB, etc.

• Members

Partial quote

Let's send boxes of NIV, NKJV, NASB, etc.

Come to think of it she prOBably already owns one of them.

Let's all email her the same bible verses ( I know these are old testament verses but I don't believe they apply just to the Jews. )

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Archived