• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - The Darwinian Inquisition

RSS Robot

• Members

In his recent book Darwin’s Dangerous Idea, philosopher Daniel Dennett compares religious believers--90 percent of the population--to wild animals who may have to be caged, and he says that parents should be prevented (presumably by coercion) from misinforming their children about the truth of evolution, which is so evident to him” (Michael Behe, Darwin’s Black Box, chapter 11).

View the full article

• Moderators

Good article, and sadly, very true.

If you haven't seen it, an excellent video is "No Intelligence Allowed", which is Ben Stein, NOT a Christian, he's Jewish, and I don't think he's a religious Jew, who interviews educators and scientists who have been blackballed, fired, and slandered, not so much because of creationist views, though there are some represented here, but because of their Intelligent Design beliefs. These are people, often secular, non-Christian scientists, who look at the plain evidence through their scientific understanding, and clearly see intelligent design in all areas of nature, and because of this, they have been thrown out of jOBs, refused promotions, refused publishing, etc.

The best part is near the end, when Stein, (the real stone-face of our time), interviews Richard Dawkins, and plainly challenges him with the evidence, and actually gets him to admit that there could be intelligence "out there" that designed everything. Not a confession of God, but more than I think anyone else could get out of a knucklehead like Dawkins.

I recommend it to anyone really interested in the subject: it'll make your blood boil. And pray for Ben Stein-he is so close.

• Members

If evolution is true, shouldn't we be living longer and longer as time goes on?

Also, if we evolved from monkeys and frogs then why are there still monkeys and frogs?

And since there are still monkeys and frogs, why don't any of them change into humans today?

Logic always trumps book smarts!!! Besides if you believe any book then you are really putting all your trust in the author of that book to be right. That's why I'll take the KJV Bible for answers to these silly origin questions, because I trust the author!!!

• Members

These days it's all about perception, agendas, money and acceptance. Archeology, history, geology, and all the related fields are corrupted by powers that be.

Huge amounts of money are to be had for those who study the "right" issues in the "right" way. Those who actually seek the truth are demonized and silenced.

It's actually surprising that History Channel allows "America Unearthed" to air or the man who hosts the program to continue on. The only reason I think they allow it is so they can claim to be searching for the truth and because they know this man won't push the stories too far.

The truth doesn't matter. In fact, since the truth usually goes against the humanist, liberalists and PC agenda, the truth is specifically targeted for silencing because it would expose their whole house of cards for the fraud it is.

Too many millions, even billions of dollars are at stake.

• Moderators

If evolution is true, shouldn't we be living longer and longer as time goes on?

Also, if we evolved from monkeys and frogs then why are there still monkeys and frogs?

And since there are still monkeys and frogs, why don't any of them change into humans today?

Logic always trumps book smarts!!! Besides if you believe any book then you are really putting all your trust in the author of that book to be right. That's why I'll take the KJV Bible for answers to these silly origin questions, because I trust the author!!!

Here is what they will tell you:

"We didn't 'come from monkeys and frogs", rather we all, monkeys, etc, had a common ancestor, and that split up, so to speak, and evolved into monkeys and frogs and humans" The theory changes, and then we are called ignorant for not being able to follow their theory as it continually, well, evoles, because with every new discovery, evolution is found false, so it must be tweaked to try and keep it alive.

Recently, I have read how scientists found that the boson higgs particle they so desperately sought with the great hadron collider, and they apparently found, disproves the remote possibility of a 'big bang'. That's exactly what the researchers said, but when I brought it up, I was told that it had nothing at all to do with the big bang and it disproved nothing-even though the scientists said it did. This is why we are not hearing anything more about that.

Then scientists came out and said they had proven the expansion of the universe which to them, proved the big bang. Except it ALSO proved the truth of the Bible, which says the Lord stretches out the heavens. Suddenly, those scientists were wrong and it was poo-poo'd.

They found vast oceans-worth of water in the earth, encased in a type of mineral, enough water that, they said, if it was all on the surface, would, (surprise!) cover the entire face of the earth, over the mountains. Oh, but this can't have ANYTHING to do with a world-wide flood that covered the mountains and then asswaged back into the earth.

Willingly ignorant. More and more, I believe the Lord is allowing secular scientists to find proof positive of His word, and with each discovery,it is ignored or re-interpreted to try and fit their view.

• Members
Paid4, gotta respond to your comments about trusting books by human authors, which are similar to a few comments on the board of late about reading others' theological views. An analogy: I want to build an engine to drain a field to grow crops, so I get out a book on building combustion engines. The information in that book is based, among other things, on Newtonian physics.  If I believe the book I will be putting my faith both in the author and in physicists like Isaac Newton himself. So do I go ahead and build the engine based on what the book says, or do I refuse to accept the teachings of man? Do I take that approach when wanting to learn how to drive a car or wire the fusebox in the house, or learn English or learn maths?

• Members

Paid4, gotta respond to your comments about trusting books by human authors, which are similar to a few comments on the board of late about reading others' theological views. An analogy: I want to build an engine to drain a field to grow crops, so I get out a book on building combustion engines. The information in that book is based, among other things, on Newtonian physics.  If I believe the book I will be putting my faith both in the author and in physicists like Isaac Newton himself. So do I go ahead and build the engine based on what the book says, or do I refuse to accept the teachings of man? Do I take that approach when wanting to learn how to drive a car or wire the fusebox in the house, or learn English or learn maths?

I don't know if Paid4 is taking it to the extreme one or two others here do.

In the above post at least, it seems he's limiting his comment at the present to the topic of origins, for which he says he will believe what the KJB says above what a man might say which contradicts that.

On topics such as you raise here, to which the KJB doesn't speak on, our only choice is to learn from someone who knows or we can try it on our own. In these cases, we are not putting our faith in man above God.

Just a few thoughts.

• Members

John answered it well. I don't condemn all man written books. What I had in mind when I wrote this was the books being used in our schools to teach things that have not been proven. They also are written with bias and leave out the other side of the story. The teachers that teach them have been taught by college professors who trust and site what "others" have done in the past. Take for instance the carbon dating that is widely used to find out scientifically how old something is. That "principle" is trusted as fact and then everything off that must be true....not so. Carbon dating is very flawed. There are many other methods of dating OBjects. Some methods way of testing proclaim the world to be only days old which we know is not true. Others show billions of years. The interesting part of it all is that if you average all the methods out is shows the earth to be around 6,000 years old.

With all that said, I am trusting the research and thoughts of others that have done the work already. I am a hypocrite, I know.

The ultimate goal and my prayer for my children as well as all public school children is that they think outside the box and ask thoughtful questions. It's amazing to see people believe something because of who said it and not because of proof. If they honestly seek the truth in every matter, I really believe they will find it.

Just for laughs to answer your analogy........Why not just dig a ditch, a little work never hurt anyone. lol.

Archived