• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture

allen32

• Members

Also on another forum site we discussed this subject.

I hold to the falseness of the rapture being 'secret'.

And I think that there won't be anyone who would want to 'believe', after we are gone.

Jesus would, once again, have two brides? Why would he come back to get 'his own' and know, before he comes, that there will be some to come n get later?

• Members

Also on another forum site we discussed this subject.

I hold to the falseness of the rapture being 'secret'.

And I think that there won't be anyone who would want to 'believe', after we are gone.

Jesus would, once again, have two brides? Why would he come back to get 'his own' and know, before he comes, that there will be some to come n get later?

That would open up many more cans of worms. For starters, what about the 144,000?

Okay, I'm not going there...

• Members

What about the innumerable number mentioned right after the 144,000 in that chapter?

The '144T' are those of the population, 'marked' in their forehead, of 'Israelites', the rest were of the other races and peoples that were 'marked'.

The verse reads:

"And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."

He heard the whole number of those to be sealed, but only mentions the number of the tribes of Israel. 144,000. Then he sees...

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white rOBes, and palms in their hands;"

IMO of course.

Ooops, gotta eat! Later!

Archived