• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Genesis 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

In the middle of Genesis 14:18 we find that Melchizedek brought to Abram bread and wine. They certainly used bread in the worship in the tabernacle - the table of shewbread. The wave offering was the sheaf of grain. Another time they would have drink offerings of wine and they would pour that out, but never was bread and wine associated in combination throughout the Old Testament economy. In the Age of Grace, what does the bread and wine speak of? The Lord's Supper; the Communion Table. The only way we can really identify that is to go back to Matthew's Gospel where we have The Lord's Supper. Jesus instituted The Lord's Supper at the Last Supper, at the Passover.

by Les Feldick

Judges 19:19 Yet there is both straw and provender for our asses; and there is bread and wine also for me, and for thy handmaid, and for the young man which is with thy servants: there is no want of any thing.

Neh 5:15 But the former governors that had been before me were chargeable unto the people, and had taken of them bread and wine, beside forty shekels of silver; yea, even their servants bare rule over the people: but so did not I, because of the fear of God.

1Sa 10:3 Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three kids, and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

1Sa 16:20 And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul.

2Sa 6:19 And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.

2Sa 16:1 And when David was a little past the top of the hill, behold, Ziba the servant of Mephibosheth met him, with a couple of asses saddled, and upon them two hundred loaves of bread, and an hundred bunches of raisins, and an hundred of summer fruits, and a bottle of wine.

2Sa 16:2 And the king said unto Ziba, What meanest thou by these? And Ziba said, The asses be for the king's household to ride on; and the bread and summer fruit for the young men to eat; and the wine, that such as be faint in the wilderness may drink.

2Ki 18:32 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of oil olive and of honey, that ye may live, and not die: and hearken not unto Hezekiah, when he persuadeth you, saying, The LORD will deliver us.

1Ch 12:40 Moreover they that were nigh them, even unto Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen, and meat, meal, cakes of figs, and bunches of raisins, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep abundantly: for there was joy in Israel.

1Ch 16:3 And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.

Neh 5:18 Now that which was prepared for me daily was one ox and six choice sheep; also fowls were prepared for me, and once in ten days store of all sorts of wine: yet for all this required not I the bread of the governor, because the bondage was heavy upon this people.

Psa 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Pro 4:17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

Pro 9:5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

Ecc 9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Isa 36:17 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards.

Hag 2:12 If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.

Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.

So we see bread and wine was a common thing in biblical times. Yet another error being taught by those who only follow Paul. 

• Members

yepper he makes a false statement that is for sure.  His prOBlem is he projects his NT bread and wine of the Lord's Table back into the OT where there is no Lord's Table.  We are not talking about the Lords table in Malachi so don't go there with that one.

For those who think otherwise, I don't follow Paul. And I don"t know who this Les guy is and don't think I will listen to or follow him. 

I recommend that you just read your bibles and all false teaching, even from David Cloud, will appear as it is "false".

• Members

Most of what AVBB said above, this time, is true.

[Glad to see some agreement with ya AVBB. It's not that I dislike you, you just seem to be on a different channel than me on Biblical understanding.]

If we stick to the truth of God in his word, we will not turn into false teachers. The lack of some out there that teach nonsense, IMO, are looking at

'teachers' to guide what they believe, even when they say they aren't.

I had a Pastor years ago that I followed to the T in everything biblical, yet as a preacher I was never 'wise enough' (in his thinking) to tell him anything

that was beyond his own understanding of scripture. He like others like him, think we as men of God 'can't know better' if there are no quotes from a previous

man of God.

Follow God and his word, even if there is not another man, woman, or child that sees the scriptures right.

Archived