• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Waterfox 64-Bit

woolysheep

• Members

First impressions...

1. Scanned the downloaded file with my antivirus to make sure it was safe...it was.
  2. It's as fast or almost as fast as Google Chrome.
  3. Installation was quick and easy...imported bookmarks from Chrome.
  4. Installed Adblock Plus from the Add Ons manager.
  5. Visited several sites...everything's working great.
  6. Tried a few games, and they worked great.
  7. Looks very sleek.
  8. Most importantly...the desktop icon looks really great!

I downloaded it from their official page...https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

• Members

Waterfox is the current stable release firefox with only the name change to the code. the only practical difference is that waterfox is 64 bit and compiled accordingly for performance rather than for debugging like the 'official' buggy x64 nightly version.

• Members

I like that they've included Start Page as their search engine. I've been using it for a while now. I was using DuckDuckGo, and I'm still a fan of it; however, their search results tend to be much less up to date and less comprehensive as Google.

Start Page offers the same safety benefits as DuckDuckGo, but you get Google search results.

Of course, you can make Start Page the default search engine, no matter what browser you're using...

https://www.startpage.com/eng/aboutstartpage/?

• Members

I typically use Chrome 95% of the time.  It would be 100% if Chrome allowed me to chose a download location (such as too my flash drive or external HD) for anything I download.  Does Waterfox give me that option so I don't have any reason to use Internet Exploder again?

• Members

I'm not at the computer that has Waterfox right now, but since it's built off of Firefox, I would imagine it would give you that ability.

I think that Chrome does give that option though...

1. Click the 3 line icon in the upper right corner.
  2. Click "Settings"
  3. At the bottom of the Settings page, click "Show advanced settings..."
  4. Scroll down to "Downloads", and you can set the default for where you want your downloads placed. You can also click the box next to "Ask where to save each file before downloading", and that might give you the choice to save it to a flash-drive, etc.

It's worth a shot anyway.  ;)

• Members

Once again you have saved the day for me on Chrome. You are correct, I now have the option of where to download files!  Are you sure you don't work for Google?  That's twice you have shown me how to use Chrome.

I was also able to add Ad Blocker Plus to the extensions on Waterfox, and it works great.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If I do, they've neglected to pay me all these years!   :nuts:

You didn't check the email that told you your $. All they were waiting for is for you to provide your private info and bank details so the $ could be deposited. :biggrin:

Archived