• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Text In Grey And Features Disabled

2bLikeJesus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok....here goes...Weeblys' woOBle but they don't fall down, right?  How can I lose?   :realitycheck:

:nuts:

Just take your time...don't feel like you need to get it all done in one day...or even a week or a month. Don't be afraid to mess around with it either, because anything you put on there can be changed if you don't like it.

• Members

On first inspection of Weebly, I realize that I don't have digital pictures in my possession of the church, sanctuary, Pastor, etc...that I would want to display as part of the website.  So first order of business is to go down to the church with my digital camera and start collecting photos.  

• Members

Just like North Valley's site, you can turn pictures or text into links (to click on) that will open another page of the site too.  :thumb:

So I can take a picture of my mp3 player and video camera, put those on the site as a text links to pages that have pod casts and videos on it?   :clapping:

• Members

I've never messed around with pod casts, so I couldn't really be any help there. My guess is that you would find a company to broadcast the pod cast, and they may supply a HTML code that you will use on the site...just a guessI 

I would like it to work just like Pastor Scott Markle's sermon posts here, that can be played right on site without navigating to another site.  If I could find out how Pastor Markle is doing that...

• Members

I'm not sure how Pastor Markle's works; I know he uses Sermon Audio to host his sermons. I used to use Sermon Network until I started hosting my own files.

There must be something with Sermon Audio that allows him to post such a nice looking little player on here. Otherwise, if you host your own sermon files (which will give you a URL for the sermon), you can just post the link to the sermon's URL, and it will show up in a player like this...

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/7/0/13707080/2012.09.10.a_why_i_know_there_is_a_god_-_br_lakin_-_9101281201.mp3

• Members

There is something on googledrive that does similar - that call it an app (like everything else nowadays...... )

I have experimented a little with googledrive and found a very similar player to Bro Markle's, but because I have only played a little, I couldn't tell you how...... :lol:

No expertise here - I just play until stuff works, then try to remember what I did that time that was different to before. :lol:

• Members

Just as an example, here's something that I threw together using Weebly...it took me about 45 minutes. I used North Valley as my example. Granted, it's not quite the same, but then again, I didn't spend any time on it. I just wanted to give you an idea. I didn't make any active links that you can click on...if you hover your mouse pointer over "Media" (in the menu under the picture of the church), I made it as a drop-down menu...just so you can see how it works.

http://pretendchurch.weebly.com/

• Administrators

I use Yahoo for my web hosting, both personal and church. I do have Microsoft Frontpage for design. But it is very expensive. I can have a website hosted on Yahoo for $9.99 per month. I have been doing web design for quite some time, but had a great teacher in my late wife. She was a master at it.

For me, North Valley is way too "busy" on its index page. Too much pictures and "stuff" on your index page makes for slow loading.

Here is the site I designed for my church. As you will see, the index page is simple and fast loading because of the absence of "busy". Text links make for a clean looking site. http://countrybabtistchurch.com/

Please disregard the improper spelling in the link. When I went for a domain name they misspelled the word "baptist" and once it was published I couldn't chnaage it without going through the whole domain name process again.

Garry, if I can be of any help, feel free to just let me know. If I can answer any questions I will be glad to.

• Administrators

Well Garry,  after I wrote all of that I thought I should add that NN seems to have the Weebly thing down pretty pat. That may be the best way for you to go if you don't have expensive design tools. I couldn't do what I do without PhotoShop and Frontpage.

Weebly and others are designed to be simple to learn. Although my wife uses one of these, she is also able to do complicated design and insert her stuff even in one of these free sites.

Archived