• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christ Is Preached

RSS Robot

• Members
temp_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. (Acts 20:27 KJV)

There is a video several acquaintances have shared where an attractive lady confronts a street preacher and tells him he is turning people off instead of turning them to Jesus. She tells him the correct way is to live as Jesus teaches us and others will see our lives and want to learn more. He, on the other hand, is preaching that we are sinners and without Jesus, eternity will be spent in hell.

Either way, a portion of the gospel is given. Can we say, as Paul did:

What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.(Philippians 1:18 KJV)

What does attract people to our Lord? Why do Christians even care? As a politician recently asked, “What difference does it make now?” My answer is, an eternal one.

I am very concerned about some loved ones who are ignoring God. Another who states there is no God. And, their active Christian family members who assure me there’s no prOBlem – they are good people who help others. I agree that they are, but I’m concerned because of what the Bible tells us in all the counsel.

There are several scenes in the Bible that give us a description of God's throne. The one on my mind is described in Matthew 25:31-46. No, I won't copy all of the verses here, but it would be a good idea to read them all to understand where my thoughts led - and see if those thoughts can be followed.

But first, let's take a look at a couple of other verses:

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30-31 KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Ephesians 2:8 KJV)

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:18-20 KJV)

To me all of this means that faith is necessary (backed up by Hebrews 11:7 - go ahead, look it up), but once there is faith, there will be good works. Please, take time to read around these three verses. Are there other verse that would negate any of them?

And think of how they fit in Matthew 12, when the sheep ask:

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? (Matthew 25:37 KJV)

Or, when the goats ask:

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? (Matthew 25:44 KJV)

Do you find it strange they virtually asked the same question - when did we see you? One group responded to needs, while the other group did not even recognize the needs of their fellow man. Faith will bring forth good deeds – the fruit of believing Jesus and his teachings. The Bible also tells us how to have faith:

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 KJV)

… and, why:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Ephesians 2:8 KJV)

There were two destinations – the same two taught throughout the Bible – heaven and hell. I am concerned for my loved ones and want to share all the counsel of God. The entire word of God, the Bible.

View the full article

• Members

In our daily lives those around us will (hopefully see Christ) . In the street no-one will see.

I hadn't finished ...

Hopefully those who see our lives know us & where we stand as Christians. We can't be preaching to them all the time, but our witness & conversation will draw them to Christ. 

The people who hear a street preacher will not see his his life as a witness. His preaching the Gopel is God's word to his hearers.

• Members

Faith comes by hearing the word of God.  The girl is 100% WRONG!!!!

No evil person will ever want to know why you do good? What fellowship does light have with darkness?

By the foolishness of PREACHING people are saved!!!  This is God's way.

• Members

I wouldn't say the girl is 100% wrong because the Holy Ghost can, and sometimes does, convict sinners hearts by lives and examples of godly men/women. That said, they won't be born again simply by seeing our light shine for Christ, they do indeed need to hear the Gospel.

I've personally know of some, and read of many others, who were drawn to learn what was different about a Christian in their midst and this led to them talking with the Christian, hearing the Gospel and being born again.

However, if one believes that "lifestyle evangelism" is all that's needed, then I would say that's 100% wrong. There are some who believe that if one simply let's their light shine before men that in itself will bring them to Christ. I've seen no evidence of that. Typically those who proclaim 'lifestyle evangelism" only, are those who often rarely or never verbalize their faith (meaning you won't hear them talking about Christ, salvation, sin, that sort of thing)

There are some who practice a somewhat more "active" form of "lifestyle evangelism" in that while they don't go about randomly sharing the Gospel, they do look for opportunities to share the Gospel when someone notices them conducting their lives in a godly manner.

Not everyone is called to be a street preacher, just as not everyone is called to pastor a church. However, we are all called to "let our light so shine before men". We are all called to be peculiar in comparison to the lost sinners. Our speech, our actions, our reactions, our lives should show Christ in us. That's something we are all called to.

Along with that, we are all called to be ready to give answer, tell others, of the hope within us, the Gospel that saved us and can save others too.

• Members

Romans 10:14 (KJV)
14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 

Romans 10:15 (KJV)
15  And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 

Acts 8:4 (KJV)
4  Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word. 

This lady expects that people will come searching for God on their own?! 

Psalm 10:4 (KJV)
4  The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. 

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

• Members

temp_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. (Acts 20:27 KJV)

There is a video several acquaintances have shared where an attractive lady confronts a street preacher and tells him he is turning people off instead of turning them to Jesus. She tells him the correct way is to live as Jesus teaches us and others will see our lives and want to learn more. He, on the other hand, is preaching that we are sinners and without Jesus, eternity will be spent in hell.

She is 100% WRONG based on the statement in bold print.

1 Timothy 2:12

Depending on how far he was with the gospel, think of how many people she may have turned away from Christ.

• Members

Without being able to see the video (why wasn't the video included in the article?) it's difficult to tell the context. From the photo it seems as if the street preacher (the guy with the headphones??) is on the back side of the microphone and the girl is in front. Did the street preacher have an open mic for people to step to and say something?

How was the street preacher conducting himself? Was he preaching appropriately or inappropriately?

How did the girl actually conduct herself? Did she interrupt him in the middle of something; was she invited to the mic to speak?

"If" the street preacher was in the midst of appropriately preaching and this girl cut him off to speak her mind then I would agree that particular action was 100% wrong.

That doesn't mean everything she said is wrong, but her action in such a case would have been wrong.

"If" the street preacher was preaching in an appropriate manner, that's something a Christian should be pleased to hear; even if that's not something they themselves are called to do.

"if" the street preacher was preaching inappropriately then one would hope a Christian hearing such might rightly bring that to his attention.

Does anyone have a link to the actual video?

Archived