• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Historians Trace The Earliest Church Labeled "baptist" Back To 1609

beameup

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John, I'm moving on. There is no point to this. We had a kid like this in class when I was in school, anything for attention. Taunting, whining, sticking out his tongue, calling names ... you get the picture. The immaturity of the inept is only fed when then mature continue to encourage it by giving attention to it. This goes nowhere.

If one of my children acted out with the constant, rotten attitude that beameup is always throwing around in every post he shows up in, I'd blister his hind end.

beammeup, you can react any way you want to this post, 'cause you'll be railing to the wind. I'll be someplace else talking to the adults.

"Vacuous"? Really?

• Members

Um...John the Baptist, and um...the Apostles had to have been followers of John the Baptist, 

and known his baptism, and um...Jesus Christ himself was baptized by John the Baptist,

sorta making Jesus Christ a Baptist...

Following me here?

Kinda a 'no brainer'.

And I sorta think that might have been a little before 1609.

• Members

If your "IFB Pastor" is telling you this information - for which you are quoting Wikipedia as the source? ??? - then your "pastor" needs to do some non Catholic research.

Your posts seem a little inconsistent. ....

• Members

beameup, I just went and looked at your profile. Everything I said I stand behind, but I did not realize that you were 71 years old. I cannot in any way  knowingly countenance speaking to my elder in such a manner as I just did. I do not say that my opinion has changed in any way, for it has not, nor will I argue with you any more. But I do humbly apologize for my tone in speaking to you being my elder. The tone was not proper in this situation and I am truly sorry. I hope you will forgive me.

Dewayne

• Members

The OP refers to the specific denomination of English Baptists, Reformed in Theology, famous for the Confessions that Primitive and Reformed Baptists still hail.

These were not the first "Baptists", there were Baptists all over Holland a hundred years earlier, called "Baptists".

These were the first denominational 'Baptists'.

Prior to that, in most places, Baptists were outlaws, and couldn't possibly organize.

• Members

The OP refers to the specific denomination of English Baptists, Reformed in Theology, famous for the Confessions that Primitive and Reformed Baptists still hail.

These were not the first "Baptists", there were Baptists all over Holland a hundred years earlier, called "Baptists".

These were the first denominational 'Baptists'.

Prior to that, in most places, Baptists were outlaws, and couldn't possibly organize.

Early English Baptists actually came from Holland where they had been exiled till about 1640.

You have made it abundantly clear that you lack knowledge of Church history.

My IFB pastor is sitting across from me (I'm at his house). 

He is a graduate of BOB Jones (1976) with specialization in Church History.

Dear brother, you need to provide specific proof that the Baptist church was the "original church" (I'm assuming 1st Century).

With your pastors solid credentials I'm sure he has no issue with identifying himself and presenting his opinion without the aid of anyone, including you. So, please turn him loose to tell us what he believes is real Baptist history. As for me, Baptist history is living for 'His-story' and 'His' is Christ alone as recorded in my Bible.

Archived