• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Millennial Glory And The Final Rebellion

RSS Robot

• Members

Many a note in my Bible, when it comes to numbers in the text, says 'meaning multiple' or 'not a limited/or confined' number. [my wording here, not quotes]

Some people in the past [pre-1611] thought along many of the same thoughtlines as some here.

Example: Rev. 20:4, at the word "thousand" there is a note that says: "That is, whiles they have remained in this life"

The note for Rev. 20:2, where Satan is bound for a "thousand years", the note says "That is, from Christs nativity unto the time of Pope Sylvester the second; so long the pure doctrine should after a sort remain."

When the Lord was asked how many times we should forgive a brother, the note in Luke 17:4 says: "That is, many times; for by a certain number he meaneth an uncertain."

In the same subject in Matt.18:22 the note says: "We must be continually ready to forgive and be forgiven." [but the Lords words were 70 x 7]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good points to consider. I've read of these, and similar.

In some cases I think certain views are partly right, but not in whole. If some parts of one view were considered as to how they might fit in with part of another, we may come closer to the truth. Or not. Yet something to consider.

I've noticed with most systems, or views, that while their point may sound very good up to a place where they seem to have to change approaches or jump hurdles or simply come up with a means of explaining the troubling area and saying we must just accept that reasoning. This, rather than considering the possibility their system, or view, may be mostly sound yet on one point or in one area they should consider something else; even *gasp* what another system or view has to say about that particular point or area.

I can't help but to think back upon how the Pharisees, those who read and studied the Scriptures above all others, yet the vast majority of them got it wrong, even when directly confronted with those points of Scripture being fulfilled right in their midst and in front of them.

Yes, & future to John, but not future to us.

What is the first resurrection that protects us from the second death? And where does John see those resurrected souls reigning?

Jesus speaks of a resurrection in John 5:

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you , He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you , The hour is coming , and now is , when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

That resurrection is conversion, and takes place during the present Gospel age - The hour is coming , and now is. That resurrection occurs at salvation, & protects us from the second death & hell. 

John sees the souls of the martyrs in heaven:

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

That isn't the general resurrection - the dead in sin remain dead during the present millennium. (Gospel age) Dead believers are with Jesus in heaven - as John sees them. Note:

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

The general resurrection awakens all:

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming , in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Sorry, but in context your theory just doesn't stand up. Did Jesus appear to you and take you up into heaven? If your answer is no then rework your solution.

• Members

Covenanter when you've studied the end of time, do you see a rapture/gathering? An ordinary looking Jesus coming back to the clouds? Not the scary Jesus in Revelation.

Also do you see the Jewish nation's return as a big sign of Jesus' return? 

I see things much the way John does, but I've been reading your posts. I can agree with you that the Jews really really suffered after rejecting Jesus and rebelling against the Romans. 

Daniel 2:32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

One prOBlem with 70 AD, the Romans was the empire of Iron and we need another empire of Iron and clay. A leadership so bad its dirt or clay. 

• Members

Covenanter when you've studied the end of time, do you see a rapture/gathering? An ordinary looking Jesus coming back to the clouds? Not the scary Jesus in Revelation.

I see things much the way John does, but I've been reading your posts. I can agree with you that the Jews really really suffered after rejecting Jesus and rebelling against the Romans. 

Daniel 2:32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

One prOBlem with 70 AD, the Romans was the empire of Iron and we need another empire of Iron and clay. A leadership so bad its dirt or clay. 

I don't see that.  The Roman empire was the iron.  But after Constantine the Roman Empire was revived in the papacy, which was sometimes strong and sometimes weak.  The iron and clay is the present time.  The next event in Daniel's prophecies is thekingdom being given to the  saints of the Most High. Dan 7:27.  Dan 7 covers the same kingdoms as Daniel 2, but in a different form.

• Members

A quick reply as I'm soon going out.

I see Jesus return as final - not an ordinary looking Jesus but the all-glorious Lord. Not a prolonged war against his enemies, but they will be condemned summarily by his word. The "pottery" will not survive his rod of iron, but be shattered. Jesus' coming is the final harvest time & a great & eternal separation. (Good seed & tares) As Paul wrote:

2 Thes. 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer : 6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that OBey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed ) in that day.

A future millennial reign is not taught in the Gospels nor Epistles. And I believe Revelation cannot be interpreted in a novel way. It is in the Bible, & should be understood by the Bible, comparing Scripture with Scripture.

If that makes me a heretic, as some here assert, then what are they?

• Members

Preterism is of course misguided interpretation but seemingly harmless in some respects and apportionately palitable in some ways, though grossly inconsistent with most Scripture overall.

I read Covs posts and at some points think "hmm, I can see how they might come to this conclusion" however, how can that conclusion be reconciled to this, this, this and a hundreds thats.

It is the inherent accompanying doctrine of replacement that does red flag it as heresy IMO. 

I will hand it to the wolves though, you are wearing much better sheep suits. I can hardly see the zipper at all in this thread.

• Members

If you are arrested for being a Christian (a real possibility sooner than you think) would there be enough evidence to convict?

Would your care for the Brethren be proof? Since this is the measuring stick whereby all men will know that ye are Jesus's disciples?

• Members

I don't think this has anything to do with "wolves". None of these end-time views leads people away from Christ or point to a false gospel.

I hope you are right - some folks here teach that only Paul's letters are for the church of the present "dispensation" & that the Gospels & Hebrews to Revelation are for the tribulation & Jews in the millennium. And teach a different Gospel for other "dispensations."

Archived