• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Millennial Glory And The Final Rebellion

RSS Robot

• Members

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Did that happen in 70 AD?

Did the prophesied destruction take place in ad 70?

Did the Jerusalem Christians flee the city 3 1/2 years before the destruction?

Did Jesus warn the women who wept for him to weep for themselves and their children? In terms echoed in Revelation 6:15-17 ?

Revelation is declared to be signified - written in symbolic language - as is much of OT prophecy. Note Isaiah 13:9-16 prophetic of the destruction of Babylon by the Medes. A historic event recorded in Daniel 5. Jesus used the same symbolism when he prophesied the destruction. Matthew 24:29

"Literalising" prophetic Scripture loses its meaning.

The futuristic interpretation of Revelation is denied by the opening verses. Revelation 1:1-3 expects its readers to read and keep what they hear - the time is at hand. It MUST be first century, NOT 21st century.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a load of tripe.

Simply reading the book of Revelation proves you wrong.

You have to ignore, change, twist, reinterpret, and lie about so much of Revelation to see it your way that is amazing anyone can understand it the way you do.

To prove you wrong I just have to quote the whole book - which I won't do for want of space.

• Members

From the very beginning Satan's attack has always been to cast doubt on God's word, and then accuse God of having an alterior motive to keep us under His thumb.

Genesis 3:1 (KJV)
1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 

Genesis 3:4 (KJV

4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 

Genesis 3:5 (KJV)
5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 

Satan's attack has not changed one bit today.  It is why there are so many versions of the bible out there, and failing that, even those that use a KJV will fulfil Satan's ultimate goal by casting doubt on what it says, usually by saying the word is "allegorical" or "spiritual" and not literal, or  it is not "rightly divided", casting further doubt by saying "Yea, hath God said".

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

• Administrators

Has anyone thought of the possibility that in some cases there may be an earlier and a later fulfillment of a prophecy? This would account for some of the confusion we see in different posters interpretation, would it not?

• Members

Has anyone thought of the possibility that in some cases there may be an earlier and a later fulfillment of a prophecy? This would account for some of the confusion we see in different posters interpretation, would it not?

Absolutely - but this not what Covey is saying.
He is saying it is past already and that there is no future fulfilment.

A bit like:
2 Tim 2
 17  And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
 18  Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

• Members

I've listed the sources for the 4th Century Catholic theology many times.

Emperor Constantine wanted Christianity to be the State Religion.

The main source for the Catholic theology was Origen and then Augustine.

The "Covenant" theology is just another way of disguising "Replacement Theology"

and all its associated "theology" (ie: Preterism, Allegoricalization of Scripture

and Symbolization of Scripture - especially prophetic scripture, "spiritual Israel", etc.).

Unfortunately, the "Reformation" retained a lot of heretical theology

from the Catholic Church, and some of it is now being adopted

("resurrected") even by Baptists.

• Members

No one is arguing that the Catholics are right, and very few here covenant theologians (rip into them all you like), but dispensationalism or not is not related to replacement theology in the way you are suggesting.

It has been plainly displayed by Bible verses that your different ways of salvation is wrong.
This is not anti-dispensationalist, nor is it aligning with Catholicism. It is aligning with the Bible.

NN for instance, who has biblically argued against you, I think I can safely say, is no replacement theologist, and has no love for Catholic doctrine.

If your argument for your line of thinking consists of this angle of attack, then you prove yourself bereft of valid argument.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, the "Reformation" retained a lot of heretical theology

from the Catholic Church, and some of it is now being adopted

("resurrected") even by Baptists.

Well, all I can say to that is, perhaps it is true of the Baptists you know. But I am not aware of any Baptist churches that have adopted Catholic theology. Perhaps I am just "out of the loop?"

I also have to wonder what "The reformation" has to do with Baptists. Baptists have never identified with it and have always been quick to refute the claim that we are "Protestants." Our doctrines and beliefs pre-date both Protestants and Catholics.

I will grant you that the Reformation Protestants did retain a lot of  heretical theology, but there again, that does not apply to Baptists.

• Administrators

You would be surprised how much "leaven" from the Holy Roman Empire has crept into Protestantism.

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. Gal 5:9

I would not be surprised at all Beam. I am well aware of it. Baptists are not Protestants! Personally, I could care less what the Protestants do, believe, or say. What deeply concerns me is this for Independent Baptist people:  Jude 1:3  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.  (underline for emphasis)

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (underline for emphasis)

2Thess. 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

(underline for emphasis)

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.  (underline for emphasis)
 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

• Members

I would not be surprised at all Beam. I am well aware of it. Baptists are not Protestants! Personally, I could care less what the Protestants do, believe, or say. What deeply concerns me is this for Independent Baptist people

All Baptists are not the same.

Here is but one snippet from the Southern Baptist's statement of faith (for example):

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages,

believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.  [sound similar to "all people have always been saved the same way", doesn't it?]

I suppose that they are unfamiliar with Paul's Epistles.

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.  Galatians 5:9

• Members

Who cares what protestants, Catholics, or southern Baptist preach - we are not they, and you constant accusations linking us to them are simply false.
You are trying to derail the point that you are not able to answer the Scripture that has been posted that denies your twisted form of dispensationalism.

• Administrators

All Baptists are not the same.

And that statement exactly speaks to the issue I bought up and added Scripture to. It is a shame and reproach to our Baptist forefathers that all Baptists are not the same. Many of our forefathers willingly gave their lives rather than deny the doctrines they had been taught.

• Members

And that statement exactly speaks to the issue I bought up and added Scripture to. It is a shame and reproach to our Baptist forefathers that all Baptists are not the same. Many of our forefathers willingly gave their lives rather than deny the doctrines they had been taught.

What formed the foundation of early Christian believers, that were 100% Gentile, were the Epistles of Paul.

I am shocked and appalled when I go on another "Baptist" forum and see what's posted there. 

Even some "Independent" believers seem to have allowed doctrines to "creep in",

and have totally ignored one particular body of doctrine.

Archived