Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By Jim_Alaska in Jim_Alaska's Sermons & Devotionals
      Closed Communion
      James Foley

I Corinthians 11:17-34: "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

INTRODUCTION

Historic Baptists, true Baptists, have believed in and still believe in closed communion. Baptists impose upon themselves the same restrictions that they impose on others concerning the Lord’s Supper. Baptists have always insisted that it is the Lord’s Table, not theirs; and He alone has the right to say who shall sit at His table. No amount of so called brotherly love, or ecumenical spirit, should cause us to invite to His table those who have not complied with the requirements laid down plainly in His inspired Word. With respect to Bible doctrines we must always use the scripture as our guide and practice. For Baptists, two of the most important doctrines are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. These are the only two doctrines we recognize as Church Ordinances. The Bible is very clear in teaching how these doctrines are to be practiced and by whom.

We only have two ordinances that we must never compromise or we risk our very existence, they are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.

The moment we deviate from the precise method God has prescribed we have started down the slippery slope of error. True Baptists have held fast to the original doctrine of The Lord’s Supper from the time of Christ and the Apostles.

Unfortunately, in this day of what the Bible describes as the age of luke warmness, Baptists are becoming careless in regard to strictly following the pattern laid out for us in Scripture. Many of our Bible colleges are graduating otherwise sincere, Godly and dedicated pastors and teachers who have not been taught the very strict, biblical requirements that surround the Lord’s Supper. Any Bible college that neglects to teach its students the differences surrounding Closed Communion, Close Communion and Open Communion is not simply short changing its students; it is also not equipping their students to carry on sound Bible traditions. The result is men of God and churches that fall into error. And as we will see, this is serious error.

Should we as Baptists ignore the restrictions made by our Lord and Master? NO! When we hold to the restrictions placed upon the Lord’s Supper by our Master, we are defending the "faith which was once delivered to the saints" Jude 3.

The Lord’s Supper is rigidly restricted and I will show this in the following facts:

IT IS RESTRICTED AS TO PLACE

A. I Corinthians 11:18 says, "When ye come together in the church." This does not mean the church building; they had none. In other words, when the church assembles. The supper is to be observed by the church, in church capacity. Again this does not mean the church house. Ekklesia, the Greek word for church, means assembly. "When ye come together in the church," is when the church assembles.

B. When we say church we mean an assembly of properly baptized believers. Acts 2:41-42: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

The church is made up of saved people who are baptized by immersion. In the Bible, belief precedes baptism. That’s the Bible way.

Acts 8:12-13, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

When we say properly baptized, we mean immersed. No unbeliever should take the Lord’s supper, and no non-immersed believer should take the supper. Those who are sprinkled are not baptized and cannot receive the supper. The Greek word for baptize is baptizo, and it always means to immerse.

"In every case where communion is referred to, or where it may possibly have been administered, the believers had been baptized Acts 2:42; 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 6:14-15; 18:8; 20:7. Baptism comes before communion, just as repentance and faith precede baptism".

C. The Lord’s Supper is for baptized believers in church capacity: "When ye come together in the church," again not a building, but the assembly of the properly baptized believers.

D. The fact that the Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, to be observed in church capacity, is pointed out by the fact that it is for those who have been immersed and added to the fellowship of the church.

E. The Lord’s Supper is never spoken of in connection with individuals. When it is referred to, it is only referred to in reference to baptized believers in local church capacity I Cor. 11:20-26).

I want to quote Dr. W.W. Hamilton,

"The individual administration of the ordinance has no Bible warrant and is a relic of Romanism. The Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, and anything which goes beyond or comes short of this fails for want of scriptural example or command".

“The practice of taking a little communion kit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. is unscriptural and does not follow the scriptural example.”

IT IS RESTRICTED TO A UNITED CHURCH

A. The Bible in I Cor. 11:18 is very strong in condemning divisions around the Lord’s table. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
      19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
      20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

There were no less than four divisions in the Corinthian church.
      I Cor. 1:12: "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."

Because of these divisions, it was impossible for them to scripturally eat the Lord’s Supper. Division in the local church is reason to hold off observing the Lord’s Supper. But there are also other reasons to forego taking the Lord’s Supper. If there is gross sin in the membership we do not take it. Here is scriptural evidence for this: 1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
      8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
      10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

B. At this point, I want to ask these questions: Are there not doctrinal divisions among the many denominations? Is it not our doctrinal differences that cause us to be separate religious bodies?

IT IS RESTRICTED BY DOCTRINE

A. Those in the early church at Jerusalem who partook "continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine" Acts 2:42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

B. Those that do not hold to apostolic truth are not to partake. This means there is to be discipline in the local body. How can you discipline those who do not belong to the local body? You can’t. The clear command of scripture is to withdraw fellowship from those who are not doctrinally sound.

II Thes 3:6: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us."
      Rom. 16:17: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."
      To commune together means to have the same doctrine.
      II Thes. 2:15: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
      II John 10-11: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

C. Some Baptists in our day have watered down this doctrine by practicing what they call “Close Communion.” By this they mean that they believe that members of another Baptist church may take communion with us because they are of the same beliefs. Once again, this is unscriptural.

The welcome to the Lord's Table should not be extended beyond the discipline of the local church. When we take the Lord’s Supper there is supposed to be no gross sin among us and no divisions among us. We have no idea of the spiritual condition of another church’s members. If there is sin or division in the case of this other church’s members, we have no way of knowing it. We cannot discipline them because they are not members of our church. This is why we practice “Closed” communion, meaning it is restricted solely to our church membership. 
      So then, in closing I would like to reiterate the three different ideas concerning the Lord’s Supper and who is to take it. 
      Closed Communion = Only members of a single local church. 
      Close Communion = Members of like faith and order may partake. 
      Open Communion = If you claim to be a Christian, or simply attending the service, you may partake. 
      It is no small thing to attempt to change that which was implemented by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
      Mt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
      Many of our Baptist churches have a real need to consider the gravity of the act of observing The Lord’s Supper. It is not a light thing that is to be taken casually or without regard to the spiritual condition of ourselves or our church.
      1Co. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

When Noah built the ark, did he build out of OBligation or love? When Noah couldn't close the door of the ark was it God's grace that closed the door and made the ark water tight? After all of Noah's hard work the Ark had a huge hole in it.

There was no "huge hole in it", it had a door right were God told him to put it.  Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.  it is wrong to say there was a huge hole in it.

When it says, "LORD shut him in." it means Noah couldn't open it from the inside and no matter how hard anyone form the outside tried they couldn't open it either.  JOB 12:14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.  Rev 3:7. . .These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

the most amazing thing God could have ever inspired in the AV was the built in crossreference system. When one studies out the English word Shut and its uses like Shutteth one can find a wonderful truths in His word.

I encourage everyone to use it more for it will open eyes to truth.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Paul was not telling people to believe on the Son of God, who was he telling people to believe on?  Jesus Manuel Ortiz?

The fact is, Paul preached Jesus and Him crucified.  He preached that Jesus was the Son of God and preached that man must believe on Him in order to OBtain Salvation.

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2 Corinthians 1:19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba,

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I'll stick with the facts instead of the idea that Paul didn't tell people to believe on the Son of God.

AV, I didn't mean to offend you. 

I was not offended just correcting the fact that he was called a Syrian. and if Dr Blue calls him one it is not an error because God's word says he was. 

There was no offense in my words, be careful about reading in between lines.

AVBB
You gave a long list of OT saints. I suggest you read Hebrews 11, James 2 and Rahab's testimony in Joshua 2. You will see that these folk believed God and lived by that faith. You will look in vain for the works of the law as a means of justification.

And Rahab was the mother of the godly Boaz in the genealogy of Christ.

and what if they didn't live by that faith?

How did they live by that faith?  Rahab had to tie that string if not her faith was useless.

I have not once said anyone was justified by the Law least of all a Gentile, you have been reading something into the text I never said.

It always amazes me how that intelligent people seem to think they can read into or inbetween lines and add things, terms and emotions that have not been placed into the text.

here are two more for you all to watch and consider.  Again there is no OBligation to watch it.  But I hope you do with open hearts to learn.

Covanetor I recommend the second one for you.  You wanted some scriptures to what I was sharing in a previous post and some of them are discussed in that video.

The following took place while the dispensation of law was still in effect...

Luke 23:39-43
39   And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40   But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42   And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43   And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

What's happening here? Let's see...

39   And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40   But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

What was the "same condemnation"? Death. All three of them were sentenced to die. The two thieves were going to die, and the Lord Jesus Christ was going to die.

41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:

This thief realized and admitted that he was a sinner and guilty before God (as verse 40 shows).

42   And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Now this is interesting. The thief knew that Christ was going to die, yet he asked him to remember him when he came into his kingdom? He "somehow" knew that Christ was Lord, and Christ was also supposed to be the King, but how could that be? After all, Christ was about to die...how could he then have a kingdom? The only way that would be possible is...if Christ rose from the dead! How could the thief had known this? The ONLY way he could have known it is...from the Old Testament scriptures.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord,1 remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.2

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, 1(And he said unto Jesus, Lord,)

and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 2(remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.)

And what was Christ's response?

43   And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He was saved...without the law, without works...simply by grace through faith.

Interesting in my own study is that in the gospel books Matthew-John the doctrines for the kingdom are established, then Israel is set aside and romans sets up the doctrines of Salvation through faith alone and the doctrines for the body of Christ. then Hebrew sets up the doctrine for those in the the times of JacOB's Trouble.

don't take it wrong I did not say there is nothing in any of these books we can't apply or use for us today.  I only pointed out that certain sets of doctrine are established for certain periods of time when God will dispense is Word unto people in those periods.

The following took place while the dispensation of law was still in effect...

Luke 23:39-43
41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

What's happening here? Let's see...

What was the "same condemnation"? Death. All three of them were sentenced to die. The two thieves were going to die, and the Lord Jesus Christ was going to die.

41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:

This thief realized and admitted that he was a sinner and guilty before God (as verse 40 shows).

Now this is interesting. The thief knew that Christ was going to die, yet he asked him to remember him when he came into his kingdom? He "somehow" knew that Christ was Lord, and Christ was also supposed to be the King, but how could that be? After all, Christ was about to die...how could he then have a kingdom? The only way that would be possible is...if Christ rose from the dead! How could the thief had known this? The ONLY way he could have known it is...from the Old Testament scriptures.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord,1 remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.2

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, 1(And he said unto Jesus, Lord,)

and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 2(remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.)

And what was Christ's response?

He was saved...without the law, without works...simply by grace through faith.

yep in paradise.

When we die we will be in the presence of our Lord not paradise. By the way paradise was where Lazarus the beggar went when he died.  If you make paradise heaven you would be in mistaken.

Answer the following questions.

What would have happened to Noah if he believed God was going to flood the world and he didn't build the Ark?

What would happen to Abraham if he believed God but didn't leave Ur (Syria)?

What would have happened to JacOB and his family if they believed God about going down to Egypt but didn't go?

What would Rahab have done if she believed the spies and didn't put the scarlet thread in her window?

What if the Shunammite woman after getting a child from the Lord, did not go and get the Prophet when her Child suffered and died on her knees?

What would have happened to Naaman if he believed the prophet of God but didn't dip himself 7 times in the Jordan?

What would have happened to Israel if they received the commandments of God and didn't keep them?

and how many of these above do you think you will see in eternity? 

ALL of them are saved 

yep in paradise.

When we die we will be in the presence of our Lord not paradise. By the way paradise was where Lazarus the beggar went when he died.  If you make paradise heaven you would be in mistaken.

Uhhmmm...I didn't say he went to heaven. Nor did I say that paradise was heaven. All that I said was that he was saved. However, the thief did go to heaven shortly thereafter...as did all who were in paradise...including Lazarus the beggar.

My word...you'll argue with someone even when they use the same terminology that you use...

Uhhmmm...I didn't say he went to heaven. Nor did I say that paradise was heaven. All that I said was that he was saved. However, the thief did go to heaven shortly thereafter...as did all who were in paradise...including Lazarus the beggar.

My word...you'll argue with someone even when they use the same terminology that you use...

I don't mean any disrespect toward Mr. Blue, but he lost me (in the Kingdom of Heaven video) when he proclaimed that God's original plan was for man to populate the earth and then move into outer space.

I was just making sure that if you were assigning paradise as heaven that was not so.  So I am glad you clarified it.

I am assuming you are referring to these going to heaven shortly thereafter, that you believe this because, and again I am assuming that this is a reference to Matt 27:52, 53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,   And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.  However I would point out that there is no clear scripture that any of these that actually went to Heaven or are in Heaven today.  there are numerous resurrection scriptures that are for Israel that some would arise to everlasting life and others toe condemnation.  Luke 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
 John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
 John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

However we cannot say by scripture that any Jew who was part of the kingdom Gospel is actually in heaven today.  But if we incorporate them into the body of Christ then there is that possibility but we have no solid Bible that an incorporation took place.  I am not saying it didn't we just don't have an scripture that point to that. 

Most of what we have in teachings that they are in heaven, is like some of the silliness of Ken Blue, is just mans opinion.  If I am not mistaken they were given a promise to populate the earth, but that Israel is to go out into outer space and populate it.  that may happen but the Bible is not so clear. 

I was thinking about a scripture that says the heavens were divided according to the tribes of Israel, that could be the scripture he might base that thought on.  Which then tells us that God divided the heavens into twelve houses, but it is not the perversion the devil brought about with the false teaching, that many today call the zodiac.

Now I think we can set into the current dispensation of the church.  I pray that you have been watching these and learning if not what some baptist believe but at lest know what is meant so that you would not continue to say we said something we had not said like: "some scriptures are not for us today".  I have not said that.  I have said that certain doctrines were not for us but may have an application for us.  that would mean that those scriptures still had something for us.

• Moderators

Just throwing these OT scriptures out here, see where they go.

Ezekiel 3:20

"Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

Ezekiel 18:21-27:

"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive."

For sure - another neat thing is that he was Calvary's pastor as well.  But I never knew Calvary (at least, I don't think I did...).  We were there in the church when Pastor Blue's kids were teens and younger. Blast from the past hearing him!  :clapping:

I remember that chart, I used to drag it out every Thursday night and set it up with Dave Arnston - seeing that video was great and it all makes perfect sense to me, as that man was my mentor and trained me and sent me out to do the work of an evangelist in Mexico.

Someone said he got Abraham origin wrong, but lots of preachers say a thing in passing and it is a simple mistake, Abraham´s origins are not foundational to what the teaching session was dealing with. He is simply saying that Goid is doing a whole lot more than just seeing folks get saved and in fact there are and were different dealings with different peoples at different times. Hebews 1 tells us that much.

Amen Pastor Blue!! You were a great teacher of that book and I am glad that much of your talks are recorded for future students of God´s word.

God bless,

calvary

I don't mean any disrespect toward Mr. Blue, but he lost me (in the Kingdom of Heaven video) when he proclaimed that God's original plan was for man to populate the earth and then move into outer space.

He simply is referring to the scope of the Kingdom through eternity - not too difficult. If the kingdom of Christ has no end as it says in Isaiah, where does that take you if Adam had not sinned and with the population never ceasing with there being no death? It´s not a convoluted idea..... and again, one line out of a 50 minute session  is not the foundational ground that it all stands or falls upon..... what about the entire session in general???

So where would the population of earth ended if there had been no sin and no death coming into the world? after 6 or 7 thousand years we´d be piled up upon each other with no room at all.... sort of makes sense that God never intended to confine man to this earth alone.....

He simply is referring to the scope of the Kingdom through eternity - not too difficult. If the kingdom of Christ has no end as it says in Isaiah, where does that take you if Adam had not sinned and with the population never ceasing with there being no death? It´s not a convoluted idea..... and again, one line out of a 50 minute session  is not the foundational ground that it all stands or falls upon..... what about the entire session in general???

So where would the population of earth ended if there had been no sin and no death coming into the world? after 6 or 7 thousand years we´d be piled up upon each other with no room at all.... sort of makes sense that God never intended to confine man to this earth alone.....

We don't know how the population would have grown had Adam not sinned. We don't know what measures God would have employed to control (or not control) the population. We don't know any of that...because Adam did sin...and we are dealing with the results of that.

What we do know is this...

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

As far as the whole session in general; I agree with a lot of what he teaches...I'm not "anti-dispensational". I've studied Dispensational Theology, and my beliefs line up with most of what I've studied...my main conflict is different methods of salvation for different dispensations.  

But that's me...

Just throwing these OT scriptures out here, see where they go.

Ezekiel 3:20

"Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

Ezekiel 18:21-27:

"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive."

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Tim2:15

I assume you are mature enough to figure it out for yourself.

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Tim2:15

I assume you are mature enough to figure it out for yourself.

Now you see, THAT is a condescending remark.

Archived