• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Administrators

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

"That is thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  Romans 10:10, 13

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world...who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God...He that believeth on the Son of God hat the witness in himself...and this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son...these things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of Godl that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Salvation is through Christ.  One has to recognize that Christ is the Son of God in order to be saved.  The CROSS is not in itself enough.  It is WHO DIED ON THAT CROSS that makes all the difference.  Many people died on crosses in that time period.  But only ONE was the Son of God. Only ONE brought salvation through His name.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

"That is thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  Romans 10:10, 13

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world...who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God...He that believeth on the Son of God hat the witness in himself...and this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son...these things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of Godl that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Salvation is through Christ.  One has to recognize that Christ is the Son of God in order to be saved.  The CROSS is not in itself enough.  It is WHO DIED ON THAT CROSS that makes all the difference.  Many people died on crosses in that time period.  But only ONE was the Son of God. Only ONE brought salvation through His name.

we weren't talking about believing in or on the name of Jesus.  I don't know how many times I must say it.

What was laid forth was that some believe.  that one must believe he is the Messiah to get saved, or that he is the Son of God or the Christ.  None of which save.

Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah and the son of God but faith in that he those things does not save.

What saves is belief in the gospel of the Grace of God revealed to Paul, that Christ died a substitutionary death for mine/your sins, was buried and rose again.  Faith that his work on the cross is what saves today.

Not faith alone that he is the Messiah.

Would you go a tell people today just believe Jesus in the Christ and you are born again? Nothing more nothing less.  is that the gospel of Grace?

I can't believe that you would say the Cross is not enough.  Paul said it was, he said the cross is foolishness to those who are lost.

the cross is what saves.  Not the wood, the work that was done on it by Jesus Christ. He Died for your sins that is enough sister for anyone to believe and be saved

• Members

we weren't talking about believing in or on the name of Jesus.  I don't know how many times I must say it.

What was laid forth was that some believe.  that one must believe he is the Messiah to get saved, or that he is the Son of God or the Christ.  None of which save.

Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah and the son of God but faith in that he those things does not save.

What saves is belief in the gospel of the Grace of God revealed to Paul, that Christ died a substitutionary death for mine/your sins, was buried and rose again.  Faith that his work on the cross is what saves today.

Not faith alone that he is the Messiah.

Would you go a tell people today just believe Jesus in the Christ and you are born again? Nothing more nothing less.  is that the gospel of Grace?

I can't believe that you would say the Cross is not enough.  Paul said it was, he said the cross is foolishness to those who are lost.

the cross is what saves.  Not the wood, the work that was done on it by Jesus Christ. He Died for your sins that is enough sister for anyone to believe and be saved

What did Jesus do while under the title of Christ or Messiah?

That is your answer AVBB.

We teach Christ, and him crucified, just like Paul said.

Believing with all your heart in Jesus Christ includes everything he did to save us!

Isn't that plain by what every person posting here has said?

We have believed in Jesus as the Christ and everything he did as the Christ and Messiah.

• Moderators

There is no Jesus without Christ, no Christ without Jesus-He is both, they are one and the same. We don't have to have perfect knowledge of everything about Christ, but we do need to know Jesus is Christ. His entire earthly ministry, His miracles, were to prove that He was the Messiah, the Christ. How, then, can we set that fact aside as important. It was important enough to Jesus to o an awful lot to prove that He was Him.

• Members

You all are silly.  You have fabricated things out of thin air.

I never said that Jesus was not the Christ or the messiah or the son of God.  You all have ignored what was said and went into a tail spin from which you are not recovering from.

Jesus is the Christ, he is the Messiah, and he is the son of God but faith in those things in and of themselves do not save anyone today.

Only faith on his cross saves.  That he died for our sins and was buried, and rose the third day.  that is the gospel of the grace of God

For those who think his cross is not enough need to meditate on this

1Cor 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Paul could care less about those other things, to him the most important thing was to know Jesus Christ and Him crucified.  that is how important the cross is.

I never said there was not salvation in or on Jesus Name (as long as the cross is there) but without the cross there is not salvation.  I am still wondering how intelligent people can read into a post what is not there.

The gospel of the grace of God is in the cross of Jesus Christ alone.  And we are not talking about the pieces of wood either.  You are all mature people and know exactly what the term the "cross" means.  The substitutionary Death for our sins, the burial and resurrection that is what you must have faith in.  Faith in him being the Christ, the Messiah or the Son of God will not save you.  Your salvation is by grace through faith in his work of the cross, plane and simple.  You may know he is those things and holds those titles but those do not save. 

It is faith in his cross that saves.

• Members

What did Jesus do while under the title of Christ or Messiah?

That is your answer AVBB.

We teach Christ, and him crucified, just like Paul said.

Believing with all your heart in Jesus Christ includes everything he did to save us!

Isn't that plain by what every person posting here has said?

We have believed in Jesus as the Christ and everything he did as the Christ and Messiah.

Ahem!

You all are silly.  You have fabricated things out of thin air.

I never said that Jesus was not the Christ or the messiah or the son of God.  You all have ignored what was said and went into a tail spin from which you are not recovering from.

Jesus is the Christ, he is the Messiah, and he is the son of God but faith in those things in and of themselves do not save anyone today.

Only faith on his cross saves.  That he died for our sins and was buried, and rose the third day.  that is the gospel of the grace of God

For those who think his cross is not enough need to meditate on this

1Cor 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Paul could care less about those other things, to him the most important thing was to know Jesus Christ and Him crucified.  that is how important the cross is.

I never said there was not salvation in or on Jesus Name (as long as the cross is there) but without the cross there is not salvation.  I am still wondering how intelligent people can read into a post what is not there.

The gospel of the grace of God is in the cross of Jesus Christ alone.  And we are not talking about the pieces of wood either.  You are all mature people and know exactly what the term the "cross" means.  The substitutionary Death for our sins, the burial and resurrection that is what you must have faith in.  Faith in him being the Christ, the Messiah or the Son of God will not save you.  Your salvation is by grace through faith in his work of the cross, plane and simple.  You may know he is those things and holds those titles but those do not save. 

Please read the one up there on top please?

We are saying the same thing here!

And no, I am not yelling! I just want you to see what I said!

This is plain, normal, everyday scriptural knowledge, of the believer, from the scriptures.

• Members

Hold on a minute here.

Didn't Jesus (the Christ and Messiah by the way.) die on that cross

(the cross you say is more important than believing in who was on that cross)

In the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?

You remember, the books you say are only for the Jews?

How does this balance out?

Why would Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, point to Gentiles something that only applies to the Jews, and glory in that old cross?

• Moderators

this tells me that Paul etermine to know not just Jesus crucified, but Jesus CHRIST an him crucified. Just some guy named Y'shuah being hung on a cross isn't going to do anything for us. But Y'shuah the promised One, the anointed One, the promised Messiah of God, crucified, well, that's a horse of a different color.

• Members

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (for the most part) were written as a record of Jesus ministry to the Jews.

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God,

to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: (ie: Abraham, Isaac, JacOB, etc.).

All scripture is profitable, but all scripture is not written specifically to the Body of Christ. (2 Tim 3:16 + 2 Tim 2:15)

Those who believe that they are "spiritual Israel" believe that all scripture is written to them, as they have replaced Israel.

If you take this position, you must accept all "blessings" to Israel in the Old Testament, as applying to you, as well as the CURSES.

• Members

You do realize that apart from one OBvious example, there is no one on this site who is a replacement theologist?
There are a couple of others who are doubtful, but the overwhelming majority on here are not.
It is good to see that you have changed your false accusation form of attack though.... not calling anyone who disagrees with you a Catholic - now they are a replacement theologist.......

• Members

You do realize that apart from one OBvious example, there is no one on this site who is a replacement theologist?
There are a couple of others who are doubtful, but the overwhelming majority on here are not.
It is good to see that you have changed your false accusation form of attack though.... not calling anyone who disagrees with you a Catholic - now they are a replacement theologist.......

It might be a rewarding effort to look a bit into "Replacement Theology".  Just sayin'

• Members

It might be a rewarding effort to look a bit into "Replacement Theology". Just sayin'

Good idea - I hope you enjoy your research and find out some valuable information about it. Glad you have decided to do it.

• Members

AVBB

And THAT unites you with RCs for whom the cross is central - in the mass, in the churches & around their necks.

No! It is faith in the crucified & RISEN Lord Jesus Christ. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent .

• Members

Hold on a minute here.

Didn't Jesus (the Christ and Messiah by the way.) die on that cross

(the cross you say is more important than believing in who was on that cross)

How does this balance out?

Why would Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, point to Gentiles something that only applies to the Jews, and glory in that old cross?

I did not say the cross was more important than believing you are making things up.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Belief in the cross of Jesus Christ is more important for it alone saves.  And I am not talking about the wooden pieces of the cross either.

Death on the cross in the gospels was proof he was Israel's Messiah, the Christ, the son of God. No where do we find Peter ever preaching (pay attention here) "how Jesus Christ died for our sins".  It was always how Jesus was the King from the loins of David, or the son of God, or their rightful king.

Read the following preaching of Peter and Identify one sentence that he tells them that "Jesus Christ died for their sins"  See if you can Identify the difference in what Paul taught in 1Cor 15:3&4 and what Peter and Philip taught below?  the key is "Jesus Christ died for our sins".

Acts 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I must have read this over 100 times and I have yet to see where Peter said that Christ died for our sins in this section.

read this section and tell me if you find once where Philip preaches that "Jesus Christ died for our sins."

Ac 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
 28  Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
 29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
 32  The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
 33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
 34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

It is quietly strange that "Jesus Christ died for our sins" is missing from what Peter and Philip preached, or is it because they are preaching a Kingdom Gospel of which Jesus commissioned them too for all Israel?

The central theme of gospel of the grace of God is that "Jesus died for our sins"

Archived