• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

HA, this is one argument of extremes for sure.

One side divides too much

The other too little

The Scriptural truth may very well elude both.

Huckster was referenced for the extreme dividers

Snake oil salesmen would suit the others

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

here are two more for you all to watch and consider.  Again there is no OBligation to watch it.  But I hope you do with open hearts to learn.

Covanetor I recommend the second one for you.  You wanted some scriptures to what I was sharing in a previous post and some of them are discussed in that video.

I persisted until 28 minutes when he said "there's not a baptist on this planet that tells his congregation they must accept Jesus as the Messiah."

How often do we need to post: 31 But these are written , that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The whole idea of assigning Heb - Rev to the Jews in the tribulation period is serious heresy. These inspired writers were writing to real, living people, encouraging & warning. He is expressing a highly questionable opinion rather than expounding Scripture.

I must revive the Hebrews thread.

• Members

I persisted until 28 minutes when he said "there's not a baptist on this planet that tells his congregation they must accept Jesus as the Messiah."

How often do we need to post: 31 But these are written , that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The whole idea of assigning Heb - Rev to the Jews in the tribulation period is serious heresy. These inspired writers were writing to real, living people, encouraging & warning. He is expressing a highly questionable opinion rather than expounding Scripture.

I must revive the Hebrews thread.

The first believers were Jews, the "Sect of the Nazarenes".  There are N.T. books written specifically for this audience.

Replacement Theology heresy teaches that Israel has been "replaced" by the Church (ie: "spiritual Israel");

and hence there is no future role for Israel.  Replacement Theology also sees no need for a literal Tribulation.

This leads to the heresy that there will be no return of the Sect of the Nazarenes (ie: Israeli Messianic Jews),

during the Tribulation, to continue with the work documented in the Book of Acts.  And hence, Replacement

Theology sees no future use, by Jews (Israelis), of the New Testament books, to guide them in the Tribulation.

• Members

no NIC, stop acting like you know anything concerning what I believe.

This is what I believe 1Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ro 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
 Ro 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
 Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

No one, NOT ONE is saved by believing Jesus is the Christ, or believing he is the Messiah or believing he is the son of God.  He may be everyone of those things but those things don't save.

If any of you got saved by believing Jesus is the son of God, or he is the Christ or the Messiah You are LOST LOST LOST.

Only belief in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross SAVES and gives you eternal life. that he died on that cross for you personally and paid the penalty for your sin and rose again the third day.  that is the gospel of Grace and it is that grace alone through faith that saves.

The devils know Jesus is Christ, they know he is the son of God, and that he is the Messiah and they believe it all, but they are a lost. 

Actually, doesn't "the Christ" basically mean "the promised one", as in "the promised one that God sent to bring us redemption from our sins"? And "the messiah" means the same thing as well? So if I believe that Jesus is the Christ, am I not believing that he is the Son of God, the one that God promised all the way back in Genesis 3:15 to send to redeem me from my sins? How can I believe this and not believe that I am a sinner and need this redemption?And how can I believe that this historical figure that existed 2000 years ago was the answer to a 6000 year old promise from an unseen God to redeem mankind from their sin, if not by solely by faith? How can I "believe" it and not accept it? And so how in the world is this not resulting in salvation?

Sometime it almost seems to me like you're trying to split hairs on a bald man just for the sake of having a position no one else has.

I'm not trying to be ugly, nor am I trying to pick a fight, but your trail surely does double back over top of itself sometimes.

Just sayin'.

• Members

I have a question about Dispensationalism.

Are there teachers or commentators from, say, the 1400's to the 1600's that taught this?

I do know there are teachers and commentators from the 1500's that teach Covenanters belief. (I lean mostly that way too.)

This is a serious question, and I would like names of preachers or teachers. Baptist or otherwise, if possible.

If there aren't, are there, (or is there), any that have taught Dispensationalism since the 1500's, say anytime in the 1600's or 1700's?

I have my own views, as I am sure everyone here has also, but for clarity, I would like to know, is Larkin the most recent 'teacher' of the past, of this belief?

• Members

Are there teachers or commentators from, say, the 1400's to the 1600's that taught this?

I do know there are teachers and commentators from the 1500's that teach Covenanters belief. (I lean mostly that way too.)

This is a serious question, and I would like names of preachers or teachers. Baptist or otherwise, if possible.

If there aren't, are there, (or is there), any that have taught Dispensationalism since the 1500's, say anytime in the 1600's or 1700's?

I have my own views, as I am sure everyone here has also, but for clarity, I would like to know, is Larkin the most recent 'teacher' of the past, of this belief?

> You will find a discussion here.

It starts with post #47

• Members

Tertullian (220AD) was about the last to publish anything of the pre-millennial belief of the early church,

before Origen corrupted the early church beliefs concerning the coming Tribulation and Millennium.

Origen, and later Augustine of Hippo, along with the Roman Emperor Constantine formed the heretical

doctrines of the Holy Roman Catholic Church (which are retained to this day, and are increasingly incorporated

into some "Baptist" as well as other Protestant denominations).  In essence, what the trend seems to be among many "Baptists",

is to incorporate 1,500 year old "Catholic" Replacement Theology.  1 Timothy 4:1

I know, I know... "my pastor said"...

• Administrators

Tertullian (220AD) was about the last to publish anything of the pre-millennial belief of the early church,

before Origen corrupted the early church beliefs concerning the coming Tribulation and Millennium.

Origen, and later Augustine of Hippo, along with the Roman Emperor Constantine formed the heretical

doctrines of the Holy Roman Catholic Church (which are retained to this day, and are increasingly incorporated

into some "Baptist" as well as other Protestant denominations).  In essence, what the trend seems to be among many "Baptists",

is to incorporate 1,500 year old "Catholic" Replacement Theology.  1 Timothy 4:1

I know, I know... "my pastor said"...

You seem to be really stuck on the Holy Roman Catholic Church. You mention it in exactly that manner each time you post. I have never heard anyone call it the Holy Roman Catholic Church except you. Most people just say Catholics, or Roman Catholics. It just makes me wonder if you are one yourself. Which gives me cause to ask; are you a Baptist? I ask this sincerely because some of the things you have posted are not at all baptistic.

You also persist in the idea that Baptists are "Protestants."

Perhaps if you had done as much research on Baptists as you have done on the Holy Roman Catholic Church, you would understand why we are not protestants. Baptists are not, and have never been Protestants. Read real Baptist history.

I also have one more question. If "the trend seems to be among many "Baptists",

is to incorporate 1,500 year old "Catholic" Replacement Theology." could you please enlighten us as to who and where these Baptists are? To me the word, "many" would indicate more than just a couple or a few.

If you have actual experience with this and have heard it yourself, then you should be able to name names. If you are simply parroting what you have heard, shame on you.

• Members

It actually doesn't matter what ancient men believed any more than it matters what modern men believe. Just because you can find someone 1200 years ago who believes something doesn't make that thing any more or less right.
There are after all warnings in the Bible about false teachers.
What matters is what the Bible actually says - and the majority of it is pretty simple.

• Members

If you have actual experience with this and have heard it yourself, then you should be able to name names. If you are simply parroting what you have heard, shame on you.

OBviously you have no experience with other "Baptist" boards.  In that case, I really cannot help you.

In many cases, many "Baptists" have (in essence) just swapped the Pope for the Bible, because they

have adopted 1,500 year old doctrines which were formed when the Church married the State under Constantine.

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;

but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Archived